PDA

View Full Version : Sampras vs. Federer exhibition match

perfmode
11-03-2004, 02:25 PM
It would be great. If Johnny Mac can stay with pro players for one set, Sampras should be able to compete with Roger. I would like to see if Fed could return some of Pete's serves. He doesn't have any trouble with Roddick so he'd probably be able to break Sampras if he tried really hard.

Vlad
11-03-2004, 02:56 PM
Roddick doesn't back up his serve at the net, so Roger just blocks in back so it will float high and deep.. Pete is going to attack and kill all those easy shots. I would say Fed has more game than Sampras but he will have hard time breaking his serve..

The tennis guy
11-03-2004, 03:04 PM
vlad,

We saw Roger played against Pete on grass before. To suggest Roger can only float return of serve back simply doesn't know Roger's game.

callitout
11-03-2004, 04:09 PM
tennis is in pretty sad shape when the best we can do to find an exciting match is to trot out a guy who's been retired for 2 years to play against the number one. People criticized the concept that tennis would be more exciting if someone on the tour could give Fed a match in a final, but is it really so great to watch exhibitions. I like to see batting practice once in a while but Red Sox Yankees tight playoff is much more interesting. Hopefully some ATP player will become a legitimate opponent for Fed or lots of people will tune out this great player.