PDA

View Full Version : Problem with homemade balance board. Can someone help?(Craig Sheppard are you there?)

pmata814
09-14-2007, 04:30 PM
I built my own balance board based on "Craig Sheppard's" sticky post (thanks by the way) except I used 7/16" dowel instead of 3/16". The problem is I can never get my racquet to balance exactly.

For example: I'm balancing my M-fil 200 plus and once I get the butt to 12 1/2" (8pts. HL) the racquet will either topple one way or the other if I move it even 1/16" either way. I can never get it to balance out straigth the way I've seen on a post here.

What could be the problem? Is it safe to say that the racquet is simply 8pts HL? Or could the balance board be way off? Why can't I get the racquet level? Thanks in advance.

TheShaun
09-15-2007, 10:20 AM
i have the same problem with my balance board. when i'm in the mood i'll try to put a bigger dowel, that may help. but for now i just assume that it's at 8pts. hl. i don't need to be exact.

psp2
09-15-2007, 03:56 PM
I built my own balance board based on "Craig Sheppard's" sticky post (thanks by the way) except I used 7/16" dowel instead of 3/16". The problem is I can never get my racquet to balance exactly.

For example: I'm balancing my M-fil 200 plus and once I get the butt to 12 1/2" (8pts. HL) the racquet will either topple one way or the other if I move it even 1/16" either way. I can never get it to balance out straigth the way I've seen on a post here.

What could be the problem? Is it safe to say that the racquet is simply 8pts HL? Or could the balance board be way off? Why can't I get the racquet level? Thanks in advance.

It shouldn't matter too much. As soon as the racquet begins to tip, you're at your balance point.