PDA

View Full Version : Babolat stencil

Bundey
09-14-2007, 06:18 PM
where can i find it, or do i just write the lines on myself.

Banks
09-14-2007, 09:57 PM
free hand or just take some tape and mask them off if you wnat to be accurate. its pretty easy to draw a line.

dancraig
09-14-2007, 10:15 PM

I called Babolat once and was told that there is no stencil. They said to just ink two cross strings, for each stripe, within the short stripes on the side of the frame.
It's up to the stringer. You can look up the same frame, from two different retailers, and find slight differences in the stripe method/pattern.

Sixpointone
09-15-2007, 08:46 PM
Hi Bundey,

Also, as a side note, if you use Babolat String, but do not use a Babolat Racquet, and want to Stencil, you'd want to Stencil the Bottom Cross and the Thrid from Bottom Cross.

As mentioned above by Dan Craig, if you use a Babolat Racquet, you'll want to follow where the Double Lines are on the Frame itself, and make the Stencil mirror that.

Hope that helps,
John

SoBad
09-15-2007, 09:01 PM
Yeah, it's like supereasy to do it by hand, like other people said, the white stripes on the frame tell you where to paint the black lines. The lower line is obviously two strings, whereas the upper one I am not sure about what's proper officially (two or three strings). My personal preference is three strings for the upper line.

TennisFrkJC92
09-15-2007, 09:10 PM
I just spray paint the strings going across the 2 babolat marks on the sides of the racquet.

SoBad
09-15-2007, 09:13 PM
I just spray paint the strings going across the 2 babolat marks on the sides of the racquet.

Well do you spray paint two or three strings for the upper stripe?

WhiteSox05CA
09-16-2007, 08:21 AM
Babolat told me they don't have stencils, they just suggest free-handing it because the logo is so simple.

Jackie T. Stephens
09-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Where do you buy stencils from anyways?

Sixpointone
09-16-2007, 11:36 AM
Where do you buy stencils from anyways?

Hi Jackie,

TW sells Stencils, and below is a link to those...

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/searchresults.html?search=products&searchtext=stencil

Hope that helps,
John

WhiteSox05CA
09-16-2007, 11:40 AM
A lot of tennis company websites have stencils that you can just print or download. Also, I've e-mailed companies and gotten free hard plastic ones.

PBODY99
09-16-2007, 02:57 PM

If you are using a bottle of stencil ink, it is fairly simple. If you are using a Babolat frame use the cross string in the middle of the frames decal to draw your lines. If it is another brand and you want to add the string stencil in addition to the frames stencil, complete the frame stencil first, then dropp down and install the double line logo.

Bundey
10-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks, I just followed the white lines.