PDA

View Full Version : First impression of the Silent Partner Ultra Lite ball machine

lidation
09-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Just got it in the mail yesterday. Today I went out and tried it. A few things I would like to share with you guys who intend to buy a ball machine.

1. Get plenty of balls, preferrably 100 - 150. I only have 30 balls in total so within a couple of minutes of hitting I have to go around the court to pick up the balls. This is so annoying.

2. Get a ball hopper. There is no way you can pick up scores of balls without a ball hopper. They are cheap ($20-$40).

3. The ball machine is very useful in grooving strokes. This is the first time I used it and I have already found some of my fatal weaknesses, like I could barely hit shoulder-high back hand balls. :-( I wasn't even aware of this due to the inconsistency in playing with people. (well, I am <3 and my hitting friends are at best 3).

4. No need for ball speeds >60MPH. You never realize how fast those 60MPH balls are. My SP Ultra lite goes up to 95MPH but I don't that I will use it in the foreseable future. 60MPH balls rallying is too fast for me already.

5. Spin-control is a good thing.

That's all I can say after 1.5 hrs of playing with the ball machine. I am shopping for couple hundred used balls at the great auction site right now. I can't play with 30 balls.

dougmatic
09-15-2007, 11:46 PM
Hey, I read your post regarding your new machine, congrats. I was wondering if you wanted to buy some balls off me, I have a bunch since I just sold my ball machine. I have 117 in total, 93 of which are pressureless. You really want to get some pressureless balls for your machine, if you throw a flat ball out with your machine it won't catch well on the wheels and the ball will go short or into the net. E-mail me at d3kim@ucsd.edu if interested. Thanks.