PDA

View Full Version : cell phone costs

yodudedudeyo
09-15-2007, 07:06 PM
I'm in college right now and meeting tons of new people from all over. What i want to know is, if i call them via cellphone, would i get charged with doing a long distance call even though theyre like 100 yards away from me? If so, what constitutes long distance? I'm calling people from out of state, some instate, and even a kid from india. will this make me unhappy once my bill comes?

Azzurri
09-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Unless you were locked in a closet for the past 10 years, I would suggest you visit a cell phone dealer.;)

tennispro11
09-15-2007, 07:21 PM
Unless you were locked in a closet for the past 10 years, I would suggest you visit a cell phone dealer.;)

I would recommend what he ^^^ said. Where have you been btw?

Bodacious DVT
09-15-2007, 08:07 PM
check out a few dealers, get a map of their calling areas, and see if they can work with you to make the right plan

Fee
09-15-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm in college right now and meeting tons of new people from all over. What i want to know is, if i call them via cellphone, would i get charged with doing a long distance call even though theyre like 100 yards away from me? If so, what constitutes long distance? I'm calling people from out of state, some instate, and even a kid from india. will this make me unhappy once my bill comes?

It depends on your calling plan. If you are using a US carrier, in the US, and calling other US numbers, then the chances are that you are charged for the time, but not the distance. You need to check your plan either by calling your company directly, reading your bill, or logging in to your account on the internet. International calls get charged for both the air time and the long distance charges.

But you need to contact your cell phone company.