PDA

View Full Version : Kanye West - Graduation

Mr.Federer
09-16-2007, 10:46 AM
This album is great! It's different from all the latest hiphop artists you're hearing these days...it actually has good lyrics that make sense. Thank god, as good as Mims' This is why I'm hot and Hurricane Chris' A Bay Bay beats are crazy, I can't the stupid, catchy choruses. Kanye West throws some great metaphors for today's standarts which is refreshing and the beats make my head nod all day."Homecoming" & "Flashing lights" are classics. Besides "good life", you won't hear many songs from Graduation in the clubs. But still, this album is absolutly terrific and I recommend it to anyone who listens to hiphop to give it a try, even if you're more into the gangsta rap.

Fedfan4life
09-16-2007, 11:24 AM
Have you heard of the song "Sweat Ya Perm Out"?

Mr.Federer
09-16-2007, 11:32 AM
Have you heard of the song "Sweat Ya Perm Out"?

I haven't heard about it until now, listened the first minute and that was it. Pure crap if you ask me.

Hot Sauce
09-16-2007, 12:19 PM
I love the new album but I can't agree when you say it has meaningful lyrics.

Mr.Federer
09-16-2007, 12:35 PM
I love the new album but I can't agree when you say it has meaningful lyrics.

I didn't say it has meaningful lyrics...I said it has good lyrics...much better than today's mainstream hip hop world.

But Chamillionaire's "the ultimate victory", which is due out the 18th, has two great singles already, "The evening news" and "hiphop police".

Check it out: here are both singles and videos in one video. http://youtube.com/watch?v=oQlgJQgoytk

Lee James
09-16-2007, 07:41 PM
I agree. Graduation is an excellent album. Which of his 3 albums do you guys like the best? I think I'd have to go with college dropout.

punch
09-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Graduation is pretty good.

Flashing lights is a great song, my favorite at the moment.

I like track 1 (Good morning),3 (Stronger),5(Good life),6,7, 9 (Flashing lights),and 12 the most, I don't even know all the names yet haha, a friend burnt it for me a couple days ago.

I'm interested to listen to 50's CD as well.

Did you guys hear that 50 said if Kanye outsold him in album sales that he would quit music forever?

UW_Husky88
09-16-2007, 08:12 PM
easily college dropout. Kanye's new stuff is good, but its nowhere near where his old stuff was. College dropout was a classic.

Hot Sauce
09-16-2007, 08:21 PM
I didn't say it has meaningful lyrics...I said it has good lyrics...much better than today's mainstream hip hop world.

But Chamillionaire's "the ultimate victory", which is due out the 18th, has two great singles already, "The evening news" and "hiphop police".

Check it out: here are both singles and videos in one video. http://youtube.com/watch?v=oQlgJQgoytk

Either way I don't see how it has good lyrics. It's just not gangster rap lyrics. In my opinion the beats are the best part of the album.

TENNIS_IS_FUN
09-17-2007, 12:39 AM
easily college dropout. Kanye's new stuff is good, but its nowhere near where his old stuff was. College dropout was a classic.

Couldn't agree with you more. I think with all the hype, Kanye's 'Graduation' has to be legendary status regardless...but the truth is, his stuff is getting more and more mainstream. I cant say when he'll sell out, but his very first album 'College Dropout' is amazing. Despite all this, Kanye is immensly talented, and should easily be able to outsell 50 and his candy shop.

westside
09-17-2007, 01:16 AM
Double Post

westside
09-17-2007, 01:16 AM
Did you just say Chamillionare's "hip-hop police" song was good? IMO that song is horrible. I love hip-hop, probably my favourite genre, and one of the best hip-hop albums i've heard is Fort Minor's "The Rising Tied." Lyrics on that are amazing

lonestar
09-17-2007, 05:22 AM
I like the new album, but I also think that College Dropout is his best so far.
Funny, but even though he's a mediocre MC I still like his lyrics, as far as I can understand it (English isn't my 1st language).

If you really want to listen to some smart rap I recommend Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Common, A Tribe Called Quest, J-Life, Nas, GZA, The Roots, Pharoahe Monch etc. The list could go on and on.