PDA

View Full Version : anyone heard of that ball pressurizer thing from academy?

abenguyen
09-16-2007, 04:35 PM
when i was at academy the other day, i noticed they had this ball pressurizer thing. if you put the ball inside,in this case a flat/semi-flat ball, and you screw the top down, it puts the pressure back into the ball and "plays" like new. does anybody know if this works? its about $10 and i would love to know

rum02
09-16-2007, 04:40 PM
the one i have takes a few weeks to a month to have any significant effect. the results are fairly good though. for 10 bucks you may as well get one

texastornado
09-16-2007, 08:10 PM
i think its supposed to help your new can of balls stay fresh longer rather than revitalizing old balls?

volusiano
09-16-2007, 11:54 PM
If you plan to get one, I find that the yellow Tennis Ball Saver can works much better than the clear Gamma Revive can, eventhough they both seem to have virtually the same design. I have both. The clear Gamma Revive can becomes very hard to twist all the way in only after a few times, while the yellow TBS consistently works well after dozens of uses. I think it has to do with the material used and the tolerance variation in the manufacturing process.

If you want to buy several, you can probably find them for $8 on the internet.

Buy them if you want to keep fresh balls fresh longer. But don't buy them to 'revive' flat balls back to play like new. You'll be disappointed.

If you have only slightly flat balls, but still fairly fresh, it may put some pressure back to make those balls fresher, but that takes at least a month or longer, which is not worth the time. The better use is to keep fresh balls fresh longer.

Loco4Tennis
09-17-2007, 03:52 AM
i just bought 4 gamma repressurizer cannisters, they hold 3 balls each, its suppose to bring dead balls back to life in 1 months time, tried it and it did,
i use it mainly to store fresh balls i just played with for the next session, usually a couple of days latter,
it works,,, but with old balls, they seem to loose their bounce fast
but it's good to keep freshly opened balls from going flat in your bag until next time you get to play
i think i paid like $7 dollars for it a couple of months ago online, forgot where
oh, i agree with last poster, it is sometimes hard to twist off, have to put some mustle into it sometimes, could be aproblem for women and yourger kids

abenguyen
09-17-2007, 07:31 PM
yea its some gamma one. but i kinda don't wait a month to have a ball re pressurized(if thats a word) i might as well just buy some new can's thanks anyways

AlpineCadet
09-17-2007, 07:52 PM
http://www.theschwartz.com/rejuv/ Anyone have any experiences with this? Might be totally bogus though.

RLFore
09-17-2007, 08:05 PM
http://www.theschwartz.com/rejuv/ Anyone have any experiences with this? Might be totally bogus though.

For $99, you can get a lot of new balls and keep them fresher with the Gamma Revive or the yelllow one.

Midlife crisis
09-17-2007, 11:54 PM
I bought a couple of the Gamma Revive and both leak. The air pressure is basically gone within about 24 hours. I've lubed the seal and the groove with silicone grease and it has helped a little bit.

Any clues as to what I can do to get a better seal?

volusiano
09-18-2007, 12:04 AM
I bought a couple of the Gamma Revive and both leak. The air pressure is basically gone within about 24 hours. I've lubed the seal and the groove with silicone grease and it has helped a little bit.

Any clues as to what I can do to get a better seal?

How can you tell that the air pressure is gone within 24 hours? There's no way to measure anything. The only way is to notice the balls are not kept as fresh as they're supposed to be anymore, right?

volusiano
09-18-2007, 12:06 AM
For $99, you can get a lot of new balls and keep them fresher with the Gamma Revive or the yelllow one.

I agree. I'd rather spend $32 for 4 cans of Tennis Ball Saver that can hold 12 balls, instead of this home made device that can hold only 13 balls for $99.

For another exotic and expensive concoction, check out this link: http://heezy.com/tbr.htm.

Loco4Tennis
09-18-2007, 03:18 AM
yea its some gamma one. but i kinda don't wait a month to have a ball re pressurized(if thats a word) i might as well just buy some new can's thanks anyways

you need to wait awhole month for a flat ball to get pressurized to its original i think its 14psi
a good ball you just played with will be better off in the can then ouside where its loosing pressure just sitting there, thats why i baught it, lets me get 3 uses out of the same can

Midlife crisis
09-18-2007, 07:18 PM
How can you tell that the air pressure is gone within 24 hours? There's no way to measure anything. The only way is to notice the balls are not kept as fresh as they're supposed to be anymore, right?

The pressure pushes the top against the sides of the threads in the base, so it's hard to turn. After sitting a few hours, the pressure leaks out and it's easy to unscrew. Also, after unscrewing it, there's a hiss as the air rushes in once the seal is fully broken.

That and that balls kept in there a week are flat. . . :-(