PDA

View Full Version : Dent-Blake match

baseliner
03-18-2004, 05:03 AM
Best match I've seen in the tourney. Blake kept on the run and made some incredible gets. On faster hardcourts some of those volleys Blake doesn't get to. Blake should win next match and get to semis. Fine tennis.

GUYANA4U
03-18-2004, 06:12 AM
Blake doesn't get the credit that He deserves. He is definately an all court player, He serves and volleys quite often, and is very sucessful with it. He's worked hard to improve his backhand. This is a good sign for him, I hope that this give him the confidence to beat some of the other top players.

Kevin Hawk
03-18-2004, 06:54 AM
I was really disappointed in the level of play at times. There were a lot of easy volleys and put aways that were simply missed. Double faults, foot faults....in comparison to watching the higher seeds this was almost laughable at times. Don't get me wrong, there was also some brilliant shot making going on, but not at the level of consistency that should occur on the pro level. Now, the 3rd set was much better from a Blake perspective. He was more consistent. I believe that the comment was made that he was playing more within himself.

@wright
03-18-2004, 07:37 AM
Blake made a couple fantastic passing shots...very impressive.