PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite cigar?

DonBot
09-17-2007, 10:08 AM
After getting clobbered in a local tournament last week, I celebrated going three rounds with a fine cigar on my porch. I know I am not the only one that smokes cigars, I was wondering what your favorite brands are:

What I like/ would suggest:

Fuente Fuente Opus X (in any variety the Perfection X is the best)
Ashton Maduros
Artuero Fuente Don Carlos(in a about any variety)
Monte Cristo No. 2 Cuban
La Gloria Cubana Series R Maduro
Joya de Nicaragua (Any of the fat Maduros)

I am always looking for new cigars to try, so if you have some suggestions I would like to hear them.

Just for the record I only smoke maybe one or two cigars a week and am not an addict, it does not affect my tennis or ability to run three miles a day for my tennis conditioning etc etc etc etc. You don't inhale cigars. So I don't intend for this to be a thread on whether or not smoking is good or bad.

ericsson
09-17-2007, 11:36 PM
All great cigars you name there, you should really try Cohiba, punch and the rare (and expensive) Hoyo de Monterrey, i dont know how it's available in the US though with that embargo...

A good tip is (for non Cuba) the Padrón from Nicaragua, well made cigar.

origmarm
09-18-2007, 01:02 AM
I tend to like to try different things but at the moment I'm into:
- Montecristo 3 (always have these around)
- Cohiba Siglo 3 (ditto)
- Partagas Anniverasrio Robustas
- Various Nicaraguans (experimenting so any recommendations good).

Hoyo de Monterrey's are great from what I remember (if its the one I'm thinking of :)). There is a great cigar club in Paris I go to when I can, they have some great tasting sessions

ananda
09-18-2007, 01:15 AM
you guys smoke ???
sheeeesh! have you heard of ... you know what ...

origmarm
09-18-2007, 05:45 AM
We are very bad. We are the people your mother warned you about :)

Shahar26
09-18-2007, 05:48 AM
I think ahhhh, hmmmm, what's that one Bill Clinton was smoking?!?

fbone
09-18-2007, 08:15 AM
Matacan -
"Medium - Full: Matacan are handmade in Mexico with only the finest, natural long filler leaves selected for uniformity and perfect balance, giving you a satisfying, full-bodied smoke and mild aroma. The maduros have an oily, dark-brown wrapper that produces a richer, fuller flavor."

Great tasting bundled cigar.

bbfifas
09-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Try some Gurka's. I believe the symphony and legend are nice.

MIGHTY MANFRED THE WONDER
09-18-2007, 11:06 AM
For all you regular schmoes -
and you KNOW who you are- drank Pabst, smoked cigars regularly, and played poker 15 YEARS AGO before all the hoopla

A good HENRY CLAY is today's 5 cent cigar- always consistent, good draw,
and if it doesn't draw right- I hope to God you are buying your cigars where
they will replace it with TWO for your trouble, you little weenies.

LuckyR
09-18-2007, 12:56 PM
All great cigars you name there, you should really try Cohiba, punch and the rare (and expensive) Hoyo de Monterrey, i dont know how it's available in the US though with that embargo...

A good tip is (for non Cuba) the Padrón from Nicaragua, well made cigar.

Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibers are my personal favorite. As good as the Partagas and Fuentes at a lower price point. The HdM regulars aren't my cup of tea...

Trainer
09-18-2007, 01:00 PM
Partagas....LUSITANIAS n-25

http://store.puroreycubancigars.com/merchant2/graphics/00000001/part_lust_f.jpg

KoreanHB
09-18-2007, 01:02 PM
fuente. black and mild

tennispro11
09-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Cohibas are amazing!!!! One of the best.

ollinger
09-18-2007, 01:31 PM
Padron Anniversario.

caesar66
09-18-2007, 04:05 PM
CAO mX2, CAO Brazilia, Maker's Mark, Acid Kuba Kuba

drakulie
09-18-2007, 04:15 PM
Nothing like a **REAL** Cohiba.

Other than that, the best cigar I have ever smoked has no name. It was grown, and made in Cuba (some guys backyard). I received about 40 of them thru a friend, and only smoke them on extremely rare ocassions. Smoothest, sweetest cigar I have ever tasted. Everyone who has tried it agrees. They are all amazed how good these cigars are.

DonBot
09-18-2007, 05:29 PM
I think ahhhh, hmmmm, what's that one Bill Clinton was smoking?!?

If memory serves, I thought it was a macanudo.

I have smoked the cuban monetcristos and H.Upmanns. I really really want to try a Cuban Cohiba, If only Castro would finally give up the ghost.

After seeing some suggestions, I picked up a Hoyo de monterrey Maduro, I hear it is a pretty good smoke and am looking forward to it. I need to see what varieties of padron's my local store carries, but I am definately going to give one a shot.

TheShaun
08-27-2009, 08:22 PM
bringing back this old thread.

has anybody tried the 5 Vegas series "A"? or any of the A.J. Fernandez? interested in these...

Feña14
08-27-2009, 08:40 PM
I smoke, and i've tried cigars but I don't think i've quite perfected the non inhaling technique.

My natural reaction is to inhale, but i'm getting there :)

naza2
08-27-2009, 10:42 PM
my personal favorite:

hoyo de monterey epicure no. 2
partagas serie d no. 4

for short smoke: monte cristo no. 5

i make sure i keep plenty of these stock at home. :)

tikkimonkey
08-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Second-hand smoke kills ):<