PDA

View Full Version : tournament competition

jagtennis
11-04-2004, 04:10 PM
If you were a college play, and probably were goin to play number 1, next year for your college. Where would you go for offseason competition around the (6.0) level. Would u try to make thru the satellites and other low tier pro events or hit up the florida men's open tourneys, i heard those are pretty tough as well. i have no aspirations as a pro, but would like to keep sharp. the men's open tourneys where i live are pretty much a joke as far as i'm concerned.
Rob

joe sch
11-04-2004, 08:09 PM
Why not play some of the satellites at some places you would like to visit and have fun seeing the country since you dont plan on doing this later to make the pro tour. It would also be fun to hang in FL and play those tournies there but I would opt for touring the country and ofcourse stopping in FL & CA for the hot spots :)

Nastase
11-05-2004, 03:35 PM
Well...if you schedule right you could do both...but the satellites are a tough option. You wont get many matches unless you do really well (and that aint easy), travel to the stops (even within a segment) are not always that close to each other. Alot of really great players with tons of int'l junior and pro experience cant get out of the qualies these days. I recommend Open tournaments in the SE and FL especially if you live there. There are so many tourneys to choose from, the competition there is deep, alot of the academy kids are playing them, and there are all kinds of small to midsize money tourneys (particularly in FL) which draw excellent pro, DI and DII college players. My two cents.