PDA

View Full Version : Any racquetball players out there?

bank5
09-17-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm thinking about signing up for a casual racquetball league. Any tips or advice? Do you think it will affect my tennis game?

tennispro11
09-17-2007, 06:49 PM
I'm thinking about signing up for a casual racquetball league. Any tips or advice? Do you think it will affect my tennis game?

YO! I first played racquetball when I was a kid. Way before tennis. It is a fun sport to play. Don't play too much if you are a hardcore tennis player. It will affect your game over time. The swings are so much different from each other. You hit up in tennis whereas you hit down in racquetball. The league should be ok for you though.

bank5
09-17-2007, 07:10 PM
YO! I first played racquetball when I was a kid. Way before tennis. It is a fun sport to play. Don't play too much if you are a hardcore tennis player. It will affect your game over time. The swings are so much different from each other. You hit up in tennis whereas you hit down in racquetball. The league should be ok for you though.

Yeah, that's one of my concerns. I played squash a few times one winter and it took me a while to get my tennis strokes back.

Currently, I play tennis about 3 times a week and am working on becoming a 4.5. If I play racquetball and tennis do you think it will mess up my tennis game?

ollinger
09-17-2007, 07:17 PM
I play some and feel it's a good conditionner for tennis, as it's more physically demanding and requires much quicker reaction.

tennispro11
09-17-2007, 07:30 PM
Yeah, that's one of my concerns. I played squash a few times one winter and it took me a while to get my tennis strokes back.

Currently, I play tennis about 3 times a week and am working on becoming a 4.5. If I play racquetball and tennis do you think it will mess up my tennis game?

I don't think if you play tennis more than r-ball, it will hurt you at all. As olli said, it is good exercise. So I think you should be ok.

SFrazeur
09-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Do not forget to visit http://www.racquetballwarehouse.com, sister site to TW. They also have a forum.

-SF

Reveille1984
09-17-2007, 10:45 PM
I never really liked racquetball, even though I'm a tennis fanatic. My brother is really into it and likes to argue with me that it takes way more endurance and precision than tennis (which I think is pretty laughable) but whatever floats your boat. Something about seemingly getting hit simultaneously in the front and back of the head with a blue, rubber ball flying at 100 mph doesn't appeal to me :p

skiracer55
09-18-2007, 08:00 AM
I don't think if you play tennis more than r-ball, it will hurt you at all. As olli said, it is good exercise. So I think you should be ok.

...just make sure you wear eye protection...

Aonex
09-18-2007, 09:28 PM

This apply to squash as well? The strokes, I mean.