PDA

View Full Version : Top Chef anyone?

Slazenger
09-18-2007, 01:09 AM
Does anyone watch this show?
What do you think of it? Please discuss.

surfryder
09-18-2007, 01:11 AM
good show...i watched the first two seasons, and catch the third when i can...the kids have some decent skills...some i question their ability to cook however, and actually create a dish

Slazenger
09-18-2007, 02:46 AM
I really like the show. Watched both 1st and second and am following the third season.
Padma is really hot!
I think the judges sometimes are too harsh. I also think some of the quickfire challenges are ridiculous. On the whole there are always a couple on each season that I consider the real deals.

WHo are you liking on season 3?

For some reason I like Casey. I just like the down to earth Dallas girl she is. She isn't going to win though.

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
09-18-2007, 06:36 AM
Reality shows to me, just...well, the directors seem to try to add too much drama too it. But this one I've watched a couple of times though I don't follow people's names, etc. at the best of times. My "day job" is as a personal chef, so anything regarding cooking I generally will watch once or twice. Watching technique and performance though...too many are full of themselves and really need to train more, read more cookbooks, study up, so they can be unique and not just copy others.

Douggo
09-18-2007, 08:15 AM
My wife makes me watch it. I let her do that because Casey is hot, and I'm a *******. Did you see her in her "sleeping clothes" last week? Yikes!
Overall, I think it's about as stupid - and as "real" - as any of the other "reality" shows, but obviously there's a formula that does hook you in, and I do find it somewhat entertaining.

EDIT: Wow, you can't say perv***

rommil
09-18-2007, 08:29 AM
So far the third season is the most interesting and more talented overall compared to the first 2. I think Hung has a great chance of winning. I just wish he won't be as spastic as he is or maybe he'd slip on the floor after he drops something on it to realize he needs to clean up after himself. Brian has a great chance of winning. Cassie will not win though neither will Dale. All of a sudden Sarah seems to be getting stronger. I'm glad Howie got kicked out.So there yeah, I watch the show lol.
BTW It's always nice to see Anthony Bourdain on the judging table.