PDA

View Full Version : best grip for sweaty hands?

horttiger22
09-19-2007, 03:05 PM
Well the title is self explanatory my grip gets sweaty and i feel like i need to wipe my hands off for fear of my grip slipping. thanks

Stchamps
09-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Tournagrip...the blue one.

Dangus
09-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Tourna Grip.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACUNIQUE-TGBL.html

Silent
09-19-2007, 04:07 PM
Tournagrip

horttiger22
09-19-2007, 06:42 PM
i read a couple review that said that tournagrips where kind of harsh on your hands, i dont know how sweaty my hands are its just that my current grips are kinda slick.

AvocadoBaby1212
09-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Well the title is self explanatory my grip gets sweaty and i feel like i need to wipe my hands off for fear of my grip slipping. thanks

tournagrip is all about sweat absorptio

budkid
09-19-2007, 07:49 PM
tournagrip..but the non tacky one. Its good stuff especially in the summer!

akoni
09-19-2007, 08:20 PM
tournagrip is definitely the way to go. but another thing that helps sweaty hands is to play with wristbands, especially the double wide ones.

JavierLW
09-19-2007, 08:20 PM

I use Wilson H2O. Lots of people here will instantly jump out and complain about it, but it works fine for me.

It may not work as good at Tournagrip but it certainly lasts longer for me. Tournagrip is awesome if you want to change your overgrip constantly but if that becomes a hassle, then H2O lasts longer.

nn
09-20-2007, 11:13 AM
tournagrip is definitely the way to go. but another thing that helps sweaty hands is to play with wristbands, especially the double wide ones.

double or single helps a lot. I was not using before as feel is different but now started using it and sweat level goes down considerably. Also tried price lotion which helps as well. But sweaty hands rather palm will stay little sweaty most of the time but level goes down so much that griping racquet becomes easy.

ClayisFun
09-20-2007, 12:33 PM
I like prince durazorb. It lasts forever and absorbs well. Too bad I can only find it in black now.

surfryder
09-21-2007, 01:49 AM
i really like the wilson pro... trounagrip is almost too harsh on my hand and doesnt last as long for me as the pro...the h2o is also pretty good, but i dont like the way it feels as much.

Silent
09-21-2007, 03:59 AM
It's true that it doesn't last and that it can be harsh on the hands.

My partner really doesn't seem to have delicate hands but got blisters after using that grip for a while (a few sessions). As for me, I don't have that problem.

To extend the longevity I reuse the same but upside down or I use the opposite side.

Tennis4203
09-21-2007, 04:10 AM
tournagrip is good, lasts long for me, the absorption that is...not the
so called 'tackyness' of it.
but it's a pain in the *** to install

JavierLW
09-21-2007, 03:11 PM
i really like the wilson pro... trounagrip is almost too harsh on my hand and doesnt last as long for me as the pro...the h2o is also pretty good, but i dont like the way it feels as much.

I agree, if I had a choice, I love the feel of wilson pro, (or my own replacement grip for that matter which is Wilson Micro Dry Comfort).

However my hands sweat a lot and if I want to be able to play two sets or more of tennis even with a wrist band, and I dont want to have to replace the overgrip every other day, H2O works a lot better for me.

Wilson Pro only lasts me about half a set and then it becomes drenched and then usually it's too worn out for a second outing.

Michelangelo
09-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Yes, Tournagrip is good, but I actually prefer the tacky version over the original one. Even though it's a "tacky" version, it's still substantially less tacky when compared with Wilson Pro Overgrip. I'd rather describe it as a "durable" version of Tournagrip since it still retains 80% of the feel of the original version while significantly solves the durability problem. Also I like the unique texture of Tournagrip over Pro Overgrip's smooth design, and to me Tournagrip's feel seems hold better and more consistent over time. When fresh Pro Overgrip feels tacky, when slighty use, about the same tacky level as Tournagrip tacky version, when use even longer, it becomes a bit like plastic wrap. The only 2 things I notice tacky Tournagrip is inferior to Pro Overgrip are: 1. Length, 2. Cushion.

Rulo
09-21-2007, 05:51 PM
You Should also try the Babolat Pro Team Overgrip (specially the Blue-Purple one)

WhiteSox05CA
09-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Tournagrip! FO SHO! Mos Def!

Tarboro
09-21-2007, 06:25 PM
A couple of guys I play with use the Prince goo (lotion?). I've tried it a couple of times, and it's almost too much. There's no substitute for it on humid days where I soak 2-3 wristbands in 3 sets though.

No matter what you do as far as wristbands and lotion, there's no substitute for using a decent overgrip. If you try to make a single Tournagrip last all summer, you're going to have problems. When it's lost all ability to absorb sweat, it was time to throw it away about a week ago.

nn
09-21-2007, 09:47 PM
people want 3 tourna grips to last for ever

esm
09-21-2007, 10:21 PM
tournagrip

/end thread

seriously, my palm sweats alot (not sweat generated from lower arm), and i have had no problems with the tournagrips when i play during summer.

it is more expansive than some other overgrips, but it is really worth the extra bucks if you sweat alot.