PDA

View Full Version : Mourinho to quit Chelsea

Shahar26
09-19-2007, 04:19 PM
WoW

Jose Mourinho has ended his three-year reign as Chelsea manager following his latest bust up with owner Roman Abramovich, according to reports. The fractious duo had a furious falling out following Tuesday night's disappointing draw with Norwegian minnows Rosenborg in the Champions League and Mourinho is believed to have informed senior players of his decision to quit following training on Wednesday.

SalvadorVeiga
09-19-2007, 04:26 PM
Bad move from Chelsea directors... but i think the situation between mourinho and abramovich was already unbereable... the failed acquisitions that weren't approved by Mourinho were the spark that initiated their conflict (Shevchenko and Ballack)

Now we'll see how Chelsea will manage to stay on top... I doubt it... And quoting Mourinho "If I stay I train a good club, If I get fired I'll be millionaire..." I think something like 20 million euros is the fee that Chelsea would have to pay him...

Maybe to coach Portugal now ? I mean... Scolari is up against a harsh punishment from UEFA, probably will lose his place as Head Coach of Portugal national team... maybe Mourinho will step up... It would be a pleasure, with Mourinho commanding those "sissy" players, wannabe stars, Portugal would start to play some football again...at least the players would run, which at the time isn't happening..

Feña14
09-19-2007, 04:40 PM
Bad move from Chelsea directors...

Now we'll see how Chelsea will manage to stay on top... I doubt it...

Why is it a bad move and why can't we stay on top? We will get another top class coach, Lippi, Capello, Klinsmann etc...

The only worrying thing I can see is that the players won't be happy that they have lost their best friend which could cause all kinds of problems but I think the young Klinsmann (who said he would love the Chelsea job only yesterday) would be fantastic, he will be able to help Ballack and has had great success with the German national team (he brought them out of their slump and lead them to 3rd place in the World Cup).

It's not like we aren't going to get another world class manager.

And yeah, I hope he goes back to Portugal to manage the national side but I can't see it happening.

SalvadorVeiga
09-19-2007, 04:51 PM
i don't see it happening too since he's been saying so many times that he'd like to stay at top for a while that he likes the games everyweek schedule thing etc... well the reason why I said, and don't take me wrong, I love Chelsea since I was more aware of international football - when i was like 11 - and Vialli and Ravanelli, Zola played for the team... and apart Chelsea always had good players and good team but not until Mourinho took place as their coach you guys started to win something... Also, I see it coming some players get unhappy and maybe follow Mourinho to another club

Feña14
09-19-2007, 05:21 PM
i don't see it happening too since he's been saying so many times that he'd like to stay at top for a while that he likes the games everyweek schedule thing etc... well the reason why I said, and don't take me wrong, I love Chelsea since I was more aware of international football - when i was like 11 - and Vialli and Ravanelli, Zola played for the team... and apart Chelsea always had good players and good team but not until Mourinho took place as their coach you guys started to win something... Also, I see it coming some players get unhappy and maybe follow Mourinho to another club

In Abromovich's first year it was Ranieri who was the coach and he got us to the Champions League semi-finals and second place in the league, much like Mourinho did last season except Mourinho had much better players so you could argue that Ranieri did a better job as he had less to work with. On a side note, it was Ranieri who signed Lampard.

I think you hit the nail on the head though when you said that the players are going to be unhappy, Mourinho was their best friend and it's well known that Chelsea have probably the best team spirit in all of football, that's what might suffer now he's gone so that's why i'm thinking Klinsmann would be good as he is a younger manager like Mourinho and might recreate some of the magic whilst bringing some new things to the table.

It could be a good thing that he's gone. We haven't played particularly attractive football whilst he has been here (Ranieri's team played football that was much easier on the eye) so a new coach will likely make Chelsea into a team capable of playing attractive stuff.

Things need to change from time to time to stop them becoming stale and it could be argued that Mourinho had possibly taken Chelsea as far as he could and a new approach to things could be just what's needed.

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
09-19-2007, 06:04 PM
Alright,

Capello won't come as Abromovich wants "beautiful" football, and look what happened at Madrid with Capello?

I'm sad, Mourinho was the man because he was the only guy with enough balls to throw it all on the line down 2-1. He was never afraid to go with 3 at the back or drop in practically 4 strikers.

But we'll see, I think Klinsman could be a good fit he was good at Germany, young, and probably the kind of guy who would want to play some flasy football, something that Chelsea definately has the players at their disposal to do.

Feña14
09-19-2007, 06:11 PM
Alright,

Capello won't come as Abromovich wants "beautiful" football, and look what happened at Madrid with Capello?

I'm sad, Mourinho was the man because he was the only guy with enough balls to throw it all on the line down 2-1. He was never afraid to go with 3 at the back or drop in practically 4 strikers.

But we'll see, I think Klinsman could be a good fit he was good at Germany, young, and probably the kind of guy who would want to play some flasy football, something that Chelsea definately has the players at their disposal to do.

Yeah Klinsmann is who i'd like right now, he has experience with Tottenham in his playing days (although that might not go down too well!) and I really think he can get the best out of Ballack which would be great for Chelsea.

Second choice would be Juande Ramos but I don't think he has the right personality for what Chelsea are all about, he's a bit quiet and i'm not sure how well he would be able to manage the big names.

vkartikv
09-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Good riddance! The next step is to eliminate all the English teams from the Champions League and crown PSV or Besiktas as champions

tennis_hand
09-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Time has proven that Shevshenko and Ballack are failed acquisitions. if Abramovich wants to run the team, he should run it himself.

Chelsea's title hope is over this season.

Feña14
09-19-2007, 09:26 PM
Time has proven that Shevshenko and Ballack are failed acquisitions. if Abramovich wants to run the team, he should run it himself.

Chelsea's title hope is over this season.

Shevchenko maybe but Ballack hasn't been bad, he is just injured in a way where he is unlikely to be fit to even resume training before Christmas. The Chelsea fans in the stands are all behind him and appreciate the work that he puts in, people just expect too much of him because of the money is being payed. If he was on a lower salary I don't think there would be any problem at all. He was man of the match in the Champions League quater final 2nd league where we became the first English team to defeat Valencia in Spain since Leeds did in the early 1960's.. he also scored the winner in the FA Cup semi final against Blackburn (i've never heard so much noise at a stadium before, the memory of that will stay with us for a while)

Title over for this season? Who knows.. let's see how the new manager settles in first, look how tennis players have instant success with a new coach, there's no reason why the same can't happen to Chelsea.

rommil
09-19-2007, 09:39 PM
That's bad. Mourinho's leadership I think maximized the potentials for the Chelsea players. That's why I like Chelsea because their game is cohesive, not really flashy but very effective. That's what I think anyways.

maneater
09-20-2007, 10:11 AM
I can't believe he's left! I'm gonna miss him even tho i Hate cheslea! he's like the second sexiest guy after safin! ( but he's still miles behind saf!) I just hope he takes over another british team so i can see him on tv...id love him to coach Man United! Or...even Portugal since i think the portuguese have the potential to be world champions..i just think Scholari has dried up after his brazilian success....I LOVE Protuguese football! but sorry...Hellas 2004 +=== :-)

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
09-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Ya Mourinho to Portugal is the next step in his career.

But for Chelsea, he was the guy that everybody in the clubhouse seemed to love (players at least). He gave them a fighting spirit.

How many times Chelsea were down (at home many times), especially in 2005/2006, and they came back to pull a draw or a win because of Mourinho's belief that his side were better than any other and his outrageous formations that he would throw it to get a goal no matter what the cost.

Now, I see Chelsea finishing second or third in the Prem (L-pool wins, although I like that they showed weakness in Europe, might **** Benitez off and make him start sacrificing some prem games for Europe like he has always done) and losing quarters in Champs League. FA and Carling are our only chance damnit, same things we always lose.

I think everyone knew that Ballack and Shevchenko were both bad acquistions. Ballack is good at times, but he looks slow a lot and takes away from other players. First off he is Lampard but not as good (No way not as good especially in England), and he messes up the formation by either removing wingers from the play or taking a holding midfielder like Essien or Makelele from the field. He does have the fight though so I give him credit for that, he usually wants to win the ball back if he loses it and he can hit headers better than most any midfielder out there.

Shevy though, too slow, he's a poacher and that really works in Italy, but he is more often than not chilling at the halfway line getting the ball from the defense practically, or trying to run round a defender and kicking it too far out in front of him and losing the ball. Last year he did have that aura though which obviously attracted defenders and helped Drogba to start off his scoring rampage last year (not saying it was because of Shevy, but he took attention from Drogba at the start of the year and that gave Drogba confidence when he was scoring all the time then he just took over).

Shevy hopefully can either be sold for a decent return, or made to work in the new system. I really think he won't though, because Chelsea is a 4-3-3 team with wingers, 4-4-2 is what Shevy needs, but that would take away the wide service and the through balls don't work as well in the prem unless you are Arsenal.

I just want Chelsea to win the Prem again, somehow, anyway possible.

Jonnyf
09-20-2007, 11:06 AM
The problem is that I don't see alot of positions open for Maurinho- I'd love him to go to Barca (impossible but hey) mess everything up and allow the mighty gers to triumph over them in the champions league, The "Bouncy" after the goal last night was incrediable!

SalvadorVeiga
09-20-2007, 07:44 PM
The problem is that I don't see alot of positions open for Maurinho- I'd love him to go to Barca (impossible but hey) mess everything up and allow the mighty gers to triumph over them in the champions league, The "Bouncy" after the goal last night was incrediable!

you don't see open slots for him ? I see a bunch... and he doesn't need to coach anymore...the biggest indemnization in football histori something like 20 million pounds (30 million Euros and 45 million dollars) he just got a lot richer with that...

and i see him going to italy or something...maybe Barça since Reijkkard is under a lot of tension from the directors...

phoony
09-21-2007, 09:00 AM
I got a shocked. Couldn't believed. Next heading to Portugal, Barca or Real :confused:. I just want to know who's the next Chelsea manager to be???

KoreanHB
09-21-2007, 12:04 PM
let's see how they do against Man U this weekend. I hope ronaldo kicks a blazing shot past cech.

Feña14
09-21-2007, 01:37 PM
let's see how they do against Man U this weekend. I hope ronaldo kicks a blazing shot past cech.

Ronaldo? LOL

He's never played a good game against a good team, he's a mid-low table team basher.

You ever seen how foolish Ashley Cole makes Ronaldo look? For England, Arsenal and Chelsea, Cole has dominated him. People were lmao at the battle during the Community Shield with Ashley Cole getting man of the match.

Maybe all the prostitutes Ronaldo gets are slowing him down a bit.

Shahar26
09-21-2007, 01:51 PM
Ronaldo? LOL

He's never played a good game against a good team, he's a mid-low table team basher.

You ever seen how foolish Ashley Cole makes Ronaldo look? For England, Arsenal and Chelsea, Cole has dominated him. People were lmao at the battle during the Community Shield with Ashley Cole getting man of the match.

I think you need a new Avram Grant Avatar :p

Feña14
09-21-2007, 02:16 PM
I think you need a new Avram Grant Avatar :p

Lol I probably do!

It feels like there's been a death in the family, it's been an awful few days.

While he stays out of work we'll still love him, it's when he takes over Barcelona or something and they come and whipe the floor with us that we'll turn on him and the avatar will change :)

Reveille1984
09-21-2007, 07:17 PM
Is Rooney playing in the Man Utd./ Chelsea match?

Feña14
09-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Is Rooney playing in the Man Utd./ Chelsea match?

Yeah, he is......

Reveille1984
09-21-2007, 08:37 PM
Yeah, he is......

I haven't been keeping up lately, thought he might still be out with his injury

Feña14
09-21-2007, 08:57 PM
I haven't been keeping up lately, thought he might still be out with his injury

Yeah he made his comeback in the Champions League on Wednesday so I imagine he will start on Sunday, him and Tevez v Terry and Alex ... I know who I fancy!

TenZero
09-22-2007, 05:02 AM
Chelsea are gonna lose to Man Utd: Lampard, Terry, Drogba are ****ed off after Mourinho left (so are the fans).

And then; Arsenal are gonna win the Premier League, Champion's League, and lose in the FA Cup Final to Sunderland :(, but complete the historic treble by beating Chelsea 9-0 in the Carling Cup final.

maneater
09-22-2007, 08:43 AM
Ronaldo? LOL

Arghhh shhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
Ronaldo rules!!!!! I admire him so much! I hope we beat the **** out of chelsea tommorrow...but no doubt i still and will always consider to be a legend....and friggin sexy!

maneater
09-22-2007, 08:44 AM
Chelsea are gonna lose to Man Utd: Lampard, Terry, Drogba are ****ed off after Mourinho left (so are the fans).

And then; Arsenal are gonna win the Premier League, Champion's League, and lose in the FA Cup Final to Sunderland :(, but complete the historic treble by beating Chelsea 9-0 in the Carling Cup final.

Nooooo they aint! stupid gooners!

Manchester United forever! xxxxxxxxx

Shahar26
09-22-2007, 11:42 AM
Nooooo they aint! stupid gooners!

Manchester United forever! xxxxxxxxx

I'm starting to like you, a ManUtd supporter and you dislike Arsenal, two of my biggest football passions ;)

I wish Avram Grant the best, I hope he manages to get 2nd place in the league and maybe the Carling cup too, and I hope even more we stuff Chelski tomorrow!!!!!!

maneater
09-22-2007, 11:46 AM
haha..."i sink vee vill siink zem" Chelski...We are ze special vons" !

Reveille1984
09-23-2007, 10:20 AM
Pretty questionable red card I thought, surprised M Utd. could barely scrape 2 goals out of that.

Feña14
09-23-2007, 11:15 AM
Pretty questionable red card I thought, surprised M Utd. could barely scrape 2 goals out of that.

Yeah I think everyone knows it wasn't a red card, it was a real shame because after Chelsea went down to 10 men the game became really boring. It seems to be happening all too often lately, stupid decisions by referee's are ruining games (the penalty at Anfield, the Kalou goal that wasn't offside last week etc..)

Today was ruined by the red card that wasn't one (why wasn't Rooney sent off for 2 yellow cards?) ... the penalty probably wasn't a penalty, and the first goal was scored in the 3rd minute of stoppage time when there was only 2 allowed.

We pay over £100 for tickets, spend 6+ hours in the car to get to away games, have to buy food etc... All to see our teams play, and we end up witnessing the referee spoiling it all with stupid decisions. It's not good.

Everyone was interested to see how Chelsea were going to respond to losing Mourinho and to how different they were going to play under Grant but we are still none the wiser thanks to only 30 minutes of real football being played.

Shahar26
09-23-2007, 11:41 AM
Yeah I think everyone knows it wasn't a red card, it was a real shame because after Chelsea went down to 10 men the game became really boring. It seems to be happening all too often lately, stupid decisions by referee's are ruining games (the penalty at Anfield, the Kalou goal that wasn't offside last week etc..)

Today was ruined by the red card that wasn't one (why wasn't Rooney sent off for 2 yellow cards?) ... the penalty probably wasn't a penalty, and the first goal was scored in the 3rd minute of stoppage time when there was only 2 allowed.

We pay over £100 for tickets, spend 6+ hours in the car to get to away games, have to buy food etc... All to see our teams play, and we end up witnessing the referee spoiling it all with stupid decisions. It's not good.

Everyone was interested to see how Chelsea were going to respond to losing Mourinho and to how different they were going to play under Grant but we are still none the wiser thanks to only 30 minutes of real football being played.

The red card was a disgrace, but we should have had a penalty at least on one occasion and I do think the one we got was justified, maybe not the harshest, but I've seen much less given...

I was really looking forward to this game, and although I'm happy we won, this game had far more potential before the silly red card....

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
09-23-2007, 12:05 PM
Alright, who the hell is Grant? I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that he is not a solid choice as manager because he doesn't have the guts to go for the win.

How long til Abromovich sells off his players to get his money back you think? I say after next season if he doesn't get a champions league.

And bad bad game to have to start.

But I really think Grant is a bad choice and the current rift at Chelsea between the old guard (Terry, Carvalho, Lamps, Drogba, etc.) and Abromovich and his best friend/worst buy ever Shevchenko may cause some problems still that could put us in a hole that will be too tough to come out of

Feña14
09-23-2007, 12:08 PM
The red card was a disgrace, but we should have had a penalty at least on one occasion and I do think the one we got was justified, maybe not the harshest, but I've seen much less given...

I was really looking forward to this game, and although I'm happy we won, this game had far more potential before the silly red card....

Yeah the first 30 mins were quite good! Chelsea were making some good counter attacks, Man Utd had some good chances, the pace was quick.

After the sending off Man Utd just kept the ball and passed it around knowing that they could afford to do so against 10 men as they couldn't be hurt. The sending off just ruined the game.

Feña14
09-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Alright, who the hell is Grant? I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that he is not a solid choice as manager because he doesn't have the guts to go for the win.

How long til Abromovich sells off his players to get his money back you think? I say after next season if he doesn't get a champions league.

And bad bad game to have to start.

But I really think Grant is a bad choice and the current rift at Chelsea between the old guard (Terry, Carvalho, Lamps, Drogba, etc.) and Abromovich and his best friend/worst buy ever Shevchenko may cause some problems still that could put us in a hole that will be too tough to come out of

The money that Abramovich puts into Chelsea is pocket money for him. He wants Ronaldinho for £70 Million + .. he has yachts that cost more! lol.

The reason he owns Chelsea is that he wants to be entertained and that while he's the owener of a British football team, he can stay in England without fear of being kicked out.. it's better for him to own a club, however well they are doing, than to not have one at all.

Adam
09-23-2007, 01:39 PM
Van Basten in the stands eh , what do you think of that Fena? Could be a good possible future manager

Feña14
09-23-2007, 02:02 PM
Van Basten in the stands eh , what do you think of that Fena? Could be a good possible future manager

It's interesting for sure. I know he's not affraid to drop players who are under achieving which could be a good thing (maybe not for Shevchenko though!). I think he also has a good eye for talent as he picked several un-heralded players for the Dutch national team which has worked out quite well.

One thing that is a bit worrying is the relationship he has with big players like Van Nistelrooy (who said he would never play for Holland again with Van Basten as the manager).. I'm not sure how he would get on with a few of the Chelsea players..

I think Chelsea need a real people person who can inspire the players and get them playing for each other, also someone who isn't affraid to make some key tactical changes during a match that can turn the game around... In other words, another Mourinho aha :]

What do you think about it?

maneater
09-23-2007, 02:04 PM
haha suck on that and be oh soo BLUEEE! UNITED 4EVA!...(i still love you jose!)

my_forehand
09-30-2007, 04:23 AM
lol chelsea drew...again.

to fulham..

malakas
09-30-2007, 11:13 AM
that was really great news.I was so glad when I heard it.I might start supporting Chelsea now again.:)

Feña14
09-30-2007, 02:01 PM
lol chelsea drew...again.

to fulham..

They drew to them last season too. Lost to them not long ago aswell.

Fulham is only 10 minutes away from Stamford Bridge.. playing Chelsea is like a cup final to them.

Jonnyf
10-01-2007, 12:45 PM
They drew to them last season too. Lost to them not long ago aswell.

Fulham is only 10 minutes away from Stamford Bridge.. playing Chelsea is like a cup final to them.

pffffftt who you kidding, Fulham vs Chelsea's a babies derby compared to what we get!