PDA

View Full Version : YUAAAAA! Souljah Boy crank dat

Steven87
09-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Can you crank dat?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sLGLum5SyKQ

Noveson
09-19-2007, 06:54 PM
:lol: That is all over my school. I doubt there is anyone left that CAN'T do that dance now.

Rodditha
09-19-2007, 07:12 PM
I still don't have the dance correct.

jinsol
09-19-2007, 07:37 PM
man you know what really ticks me off? i found this song months before it was popular and everyone was like wow that song is stupid and now look at them! eh arg snarl

aaaanyways, yea-uh! im always saying the im bouncing on my toe and haters wanna be me, im da man, and haters get mad cuz, i got me some bathin apes lol its awesome

yes you can see me at your local party everyday....

Zets147
09-19-2007, 07:40 PM
I am ashamed of myself for watching half of that video

Hot Sauce
09-19-2007, 08:03 PM
It's popular? I found it quite funny. He had funny sound effects.

P.S. I like it when he says "yule!"

Steven87
09-19-2007, 08:28 PM
I am ashamed of myself for watching half of that video
Yea lol nerd

TheShaun
09-19-2007, 08:48 PM
what the hell was that?????????

Rodditha
09-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Souljah Boy rules !!!!!!!!!!! Crank that up !!!! lol.

samprasbackhand
09-19-2007, 09:54 PM
This song is horrible. Anybody who likes it, well, your taste in hip-hop is questionable.

Photoshop
09-19-2007, 10:14 PM
lol someone told me to do that last sunday and I had no friggin' clue... time to burn a new cd!

Breaker
09-19-2007, 10:29 PM
The Doggy Bounce is much better musically and in entertainment value than this *****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xE2M3RJJXA

mhstennis100
09-20-2007, 03:50 AM
My friend tried to do the dance. Quiet possibly the funniest thing I've every seen. Looked like a bunny on crack hopping around.

hgb765
09-20-2007, 11:13 AM
haha i totally remember trying to learn this dance over the summer
back then it wasn't even that popular... now everyone in the world knows about it

ShcMad
09-20-2007, 12:30 PM
I am so sick of this stupid song.

KoreanHB
09-20-2007, 01:02 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5FzlTzpt20I&mode=related&search=

ConnecticutLacoste
09-20-2007, 01:11 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5FzlTzpt20I&mode=related&search=

LMAO! That's great.

LafayetteHitter
09-20-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm from Louisiana and pretty much down here at this point any moron that makes some cheesy hip-hop song that has an old car with chrome wheels who can make up a stupid dance has the ability to have a hit. Hip-hop is a complete joke. This is coming from someone in the nightclub business. If people could spend some time in a dj booth with me watching the people that like this stuff would decide they no longer wished to be part of it. I know some of these guys involved with the Trill entertainment group and is the rest of the country knew how much these guys are laughing all the way to the bank it would be an eye opener for many. This song is just one of a long line of ridiculous stunts to make money by people from my area. Cupid shuffle (knicknamed the stupid shuffle by other dj's in my market), Soulja boy, Do the Heizman...lol all this stuff is quite hilarious and the sheep get in line to do it every night here! By the way, Crank dat is on the way out. The next big song from the local hood is soon to be everwhere. This will give some a laugh. "Watch my shoes" is the next big hip-hop song that is spreading line fire here. The dance for the song is this (seriously!), everyone on the dancefloor takes off their shoes and waves them in the air during the song. It was done as a joke and has now caught on.

federer envies me
09-20-2007, 03:28 PM
I love soulja boy. After finally practicing for a week I can finally crank that

richw76
09-20-2007, 03:35 PM
I'm from Louisiana and pretty much down here at this point any moron that makes some cheesy hip-hop song that has an old car with chrome wheels who can make up a stupid dance has the ability to have a hit. Hip-hop is a complete joke. This is coming from someone in the nightclub business. If people could spend some time in a dj booth with me watching the people that like this stuff would decide they no longer wished to be part of it. I know some of these guys involved with the Trill entertainment group and is the rest of the country knew how much these guys are laughing all the way to the bank it would be an eye opener for many. This song is just one of a long line of ridiculous stunts to make money by people from my area. Cupid shuffle (knicknamed the stupid shuffle by other dj's in my market), Soulja boy, Do the Heizman...lol all this stuff is quite hilarious and the sheep get in line to do it every night here! By the way, Crank dat is on the way out. The next big song from the local hood is soon to be everwhere. This will give some a laugh. "Watch my shoes" is the next big hip-hop song that is spreading line fire here. The dance for the song is this (seriously!), everyone on the dancefloor takes off their shoes and waves them in the air during the song. It was done as a joke and has now caught on.

Isn't there room for everything in Hip hop. Like in "Rock" you can have an Avril Levine, Simpson sisters, Alien Ant farm, Metallica, Blood hound gang, etc. etc. Some "Serious" artist some "Radio"/"Commercial" artist etc. As long as everyone is having fun and enjoying themselves, it's all good. And some groups get to sell some ring tones and make some money. I don't see the problem. and Bahhhhh ;-)

Rodditha
09-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Let Souljah Boy crank that, that song is funny and entertaining, i love it, it's good.

UW_Husky88
09-20-2007, 04:44 PM
wow, its songs like this that make me hate new rap, and its people like some of those on this thread that enjoy and promote this type of mainstream garbage that has made me slowly get into R&B and alternative/classic rock now that I've heard most of the old, good stuff.

richw76
09-20-2007, 05:07 PM
wow, its songs like this that make me hate new rap, and its people like some of those on this thread that enjoy and promote this type of mainstream garbage that has made me slowly get into R&B and alternative/classic rock now that I've heard most of the old, good stuff.

I like R&B also. Right now on my nano's Workout playlist, I have "mainstream garbage rap", nas, metallica, wutang, survivor(eye of the tiger), jayz, some acid jazz, MaryJ, U2, smashing pumpkins. and so on. It's ok to hate new rap, but I think it's also a push back to teh old Puffy Mase albums that was all about production value, and plug in the artist. This new wave has attitude and personality.

Reminds me of some of the Seattle "grunge rock" haters They would say but Green day only uses 4 cords.... but they do it so well! The songs are musically weak but are fun and entertaining. and that's ok.

UW_Husky88
09-20-2007, 07:54 PM
well yeah, I guess I'm a bit harsh on new rap, because I do listen to a lot of it since its catchy, but then again, I'm a guy that likes some of Britney Spears's stuff because I find it catchy, so I'm not sure if I should comment :X

btw, are there any other guys that like corny pop music with excellent production like Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, or am I becoming metro lol?

tricky
09-20-2007, 08:19 PM
btw, are there any other guys that like corny pop music with excellent production like Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, or am I becoming metro lol?The truth is, in the early 00s, I prefer a lot of the pure pop stuff over the nu-metal stuff. I grew up during the grunge era, and we had no boy bands or tweener acts. Angry misogynistic frat-boy metal posturing is far more bulls*** than the preteen stuff. Everything needs a little Kylie.

I listened to a lot of electronica in the late 90s, and a lot of the production from names like Timbaland and Neptunes took influences from nu-electro, neurofunk, trance, and French house. First time I heard Sexyback, I thought it was the Jaxx! Nowadays, it's not unreasonable to have a little Gwen Stefani and MIA on your playlist, you know? If you only listened to what Pitchfork told you was cool, who is the sheep now?

It's the same thing with rap. You can listen to "respectable", "backpacker" hip-hop like Cannibal Ox, Aesop Rock, Twalib Kali, Roots, Outkast, etc., and have everything DJ Premier and Dust Brothers has ever made. Or you may like abstract DJs like Krush and Shadow. And you may profess love for old-school like Rakim, Tribe, Boogie Down, PE, etc. Jay-Z's Reasonable Doubt, Nas's first joint, etc.

But, let's face it. You like teh crunk too. Ya gotta give it up! ;)

richw76
09-20-2007, 08:26 PM
YEEEEAAHHHHHH!!!! -lil john

tricky
09-20-2007, 08:33 PM
What?!? What?!? YYEAAAHHHHH!!!!! Now skeet skeet skeet skeet . . .

emcee143
09-24-2007, 05:57 PM
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/5088/hiphopwentpopiy8.jpg
Thats really all I can say.

PS.
In the words of Dead Prez, "Turn off the radio, turn off that bull****"

Steven87
09-24-2007, 05:59 PM
Lmao at all the backpackers. Have some fun why won't you