PDA

View Full Version : QC on the Wilson PS Tour 90

pow
09-20-2007, 10:13 AM
Just wondering if Wilson had the same big QC problem that they have now back then also because my Tour 90 seems heavier than the one I had demoed.

AlpineCadet
09-20-2007, 12:39 PM
Most of the ProStaff Tour 90's ARE heavy. Are you sure you're just not remembering correctly? BTW, I own two of them and they are very similar in weight.

pow
09-20-2007, 12:58 PM
Most of the ProStaff Tour 90's ARE heavy. Are you sure you're just not remembering correctly? BTW, I own two of them and they are very similar in weight.

It may be just me, I remember it was heavy, but it's really heavy! haha
btw, how much does your racquet weigh?

AlpineCadet
09-20-2007, 01:02 PM
One of them weighed 13.0 ounces with lux/overgrip, but when I replaced the original grommets with nCode grommets, the weight dropped down to 12.9 ounces. The other one is stock and was 13.1 with lux/overgrip.

Richie Rich
09-20-2007, 01:05 PM
One of them weighed 13.0 ounces with lux/overgrip, but when I replaced the original grommets with nCode grommets, the weight dropped down to 12.9 ounces. The other one is stock and was 13.1 with lux/overgrip.

can you notice the .2 oz difference? sincere question because i have a few of the same racquets and the weights are all over the place and they don't feel different to me. maybe i'm just intolerant to all forms of finesse? :sad:

pow
09-20-2007, 01:08 PM

N90 grommets fit the T90?
I've been wondering about this and have been extremely careful with not scratching my racquet.
How about K90 grommets on the T90?

AlpineCadet
09-20-2007, 01:20 PM
can you notice the .2 oz difference? sincere question because i have a few of the same racquets and the weights are all over the place and they don't feel different to me. maybe i'm just intolerant to all forms of finesse? :sad:

From what I can remember, I enjoyed using the heavier frame because it felt very stable on ground strokes and serves. The heavier frame also felt very quick through the air and almost reminded me of my Pancho Gonzales woody. The lighter frame ended up becoming my "experimental" stick. I've probably wasted a good 10 yards of 1/4 inch lead tape on it, lol.

AlpineCadet
09-20-2007, 01:22 PM
N90 grommets fit the T90?
I've been wondering about this and have been extremely careful with not scratching my racquet.
How about K90 grommets on the T90?

The nCode Tour 90 grommets fit perfectly on my PST90 frame. But I in fact lost +/- .10 ounces or so when I replaced my grommets, though I had no choice since I couldn't find PST90 grommets.

About the k90 grommets: they do not fit the n90 or the pst90 because they have different string spacing between the PWS compared to the k90.