PDA

View Full Version : Head Microgel Extreme Pro or Head Microgel Radical Pro

quest01
09-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Im looking to buy a new racket and im curious to know what your opinions are on what racket you feel is better overall between these two?

Please do not answer with a question. Thanks

TripleB
09-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Im looking to buy a new racket and im curious to know what your opinions are on what racket you feel is better overall between these two?

Please do not answer with a question. Thanks

I have demoed both in the last three weeks and found the Radical Pro to be a much more solid racquet. Greater spin, better feel, more control, softer touch, and just an overall better racquet by a great margin.

IMO, the Extreme Pro felt like a Pure Drive Roddick but with a lot less feel and control.

Of course these are my opinions based on my game....demo for yourself to decide.

TripleB

wao
09-20-2007, 11:18 AM
I have demo'd both: They are two different sticks. Depending on your style of play and if you like a flexable or stiff racquet.

IMO which is my opinion:

Power: EXP
Spin: EXP
Feel: Rad Pro
Control: I had equal control with both though the EXP was strung with a poly.

I ended up buying the Extreme Pro

Compared to the PDR I found this a much better stick again for me.
I would highly suggest that you demo both if you have the option.

PED
09-20-2007, 03:24 PM
The only thing i found different was better spin with the rad pro and i played with it strung with fxp so i would imagine it would be even better with a poly. I was leaning toward the rad pro but they are both great. I found them both to have better control than the pdr. I found myself having to really watch my swing more with the pdr or the power would send it long.