PDA

View Full Version : Learning to skecth photorealism!

bluestreak711
09-20-2007, 01:12 PM
I need a site that will show me some of the techniques used.
and also how to draw a sphere.

When I search for it al it has is things about how to draw a sphere in photoshop or draw what you see photoshop but I DON"T WANT PHOTOSHOP

i can't find anything otherwise

i drew somebody before and it was pretty good but i almost messed it up because i didnt know where and how to shade it to make it look more 3D

Help is appreciated.

Thank you

Freedom
09-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Since you can't actually draw a sphere (you can't draw the depth) you must show that is a sphere through shading. The way I learned was to choose where the light source was coming from, and shade light to dark. At the base of the sphere, the shadow is really important for showing where the light is coming from, how wide the sphere is, etc.

It just takes a whole lot of practice, IMO.

bluestreak711
09-24-2007, 10:48 PM
thanks i know if i can draw a sphere i should be able to do the rest

if ya'll find anything else let me know

stoffer
09-25-2007, 01:16 AM
Checkout The Complete Book of Drawing by Barrington Barber

i drew somebody before and it was pretty good but i almost messed it up because i didnt know where and how to shade it to make it look more 3D.

Visualize how the person is lit. How many sources of light are there? Is one light brighter than the others? What direction is the light travelling? Think about how the light will highlight certain features/areas of the person and also the areas in indirect light which will be your shaded areas.