PDA

View Full Version : opinions on jena 6

tennishead93
09-20-2007, 06:49 PM
i dont want this to turn into an altercation. i just want to know the different opinions.

caesar66
09-20-2007, 07:18 PM
I think we have enough institutional racism in our society today without overt racism like that in the Jena 6 story. I thought that old school outright stuff was a thing of the past, its really a shame. Also, anyone who posts here should be educated on the WHOLE story, not just the news headlines. do some research before you post an opinion on this.

ollinger
09-20-2007, 07:25 PM
An opinion here constitutes a bias, because this is not about right or wrong but about tragic responses to perceived threat, about long-embedded fears, about instincts that betray us. We should not express an opinion here, only a feeling -- hopefully of sadness.

tennishead93
09-21-2007, 03:56 PM
I think we have enough institutional racism in our society today without overt racism like that in the Jena 6 story. I thought that old school outright stuff was a thing of the past, its really a shame. Also, anyone who posts here should be educated on the WHOLE story, not just the news headlines. do some research before you post an opinion on this.

i know the whole backstory. i just wanted to know what everyone else thought about it.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
09-21-2007, 04:12 PM
This is another thread that I started on this topic:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=158067