PDA

View Full Version : Heat shrink sleeves

gregmiata
09-20-2007, 06:26 PM
I have a peculiar question:

Are the heat shrink sleeves TW sells big enough to slip over the butt cap or do you have to remove it to get the sleeve on? I've seen both and want the larger ones.

thanks!

Greg

Gmedlo
09-20-2007, 07:47 PM
I've used them and can tell you that they slip over easily. Very easy to use, almost impossible to mess up putting them on, worked great with just a hair dryer too.

EDIT: I've used the full-sized ones and they fit over the buttcap easily.

diredesire
09-20-2007, 09:46 PM
You might have a little trouble with the full sized sleeves, but the half sized sleeves I picked up slid over the butt cap with a little bit of coaxing.

alon107
10-18-2008, 08:30 AM
Hi i have a question, is it good to put an over grip instead of a replacement grip on a heat shrink sleeve? because i've put a heat shrink sleeve and a replacement grip and it's a bit thick for me.

thank you for your help :)

Matty G
10-19-2008, 01:49 AM
Hi i have a question, is it good to put an over grip instead of a replacement grip on a heat shrink sleeve? because i've put a heat shrink sleeve and a replacement grip and it's a bit thick for me.

thank you for your help :)

Well isnt the point of the sleve to make the grip BIGGER??

alon107
10-19-2008, 04:41 AM
yes i now the purpose of it is to make it bigger.

the problem is that my brother bought me this racquet abroad and he didn't know that there's a half size shrink which is what i need so he put a one size shrink and now it's a bit thick and a bit heavy so i'm asking is it important to have a replacement grip on the shrink or is it okay to use an over grip which is thinner and weigh less instead?