PDA

View Full Version : Back into tennis, which racket?

tennismx
09-20-2007, 06:29 PM
I've used a Ti.S6 for the last 3 years. I play on and off, and I've recently had the opportunities to play more. I love my Head racket, but now I'm looking for something new. It's time to replace old faithful. She's a little shabby lol. Any ideas?

I'm an okay player. I'm a girl, I don't have much power behind my swings, and lighter rackets work best for me. Maybe something similar to the Ti.S6? I'd like to try something new...

jck01
09-20-2007, 07:08 PM
You may want to try Volkl V1 Classic. It's pretty light, got decent power and control. I would recommend that you demo it first. I tried both Volkl V1 and Head Ti.S6 and they feel different - probably because Volkl has an even-balance feel vs. Ti.S6's head-heavy feel. I also feel that Ti.S6 is more powerful than Vokl V1.

Good Luck!!

harleywilson
09-21-2007, 04:14 AM
Try the Yonex RDS003. My wife loves it (although she's pretty strong). Before that she used the Head Flexpoint 4, if you want to stay with Head. You can get them pretty cheap.

Steve H.
09-21-2007, 06:39 AM
The TiS6 is pretty unique -- very light, stiff, and head-heavy, designed for as much power as possible. Very popular frame, but it also gave a lot of people arm trouble. They still sell it, you could just get another one and put colored strings on it for a different look. Or of you want something similar but maybe not quite so stiff, check out the Volkl DNX1, Head Flexpoint 10 or Metallix 10, or Wilson N2 or N3 -- kind of the same idea, but a bit more arm-friendly.

tennismx
09-24-2007, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll probably start shopping for one in the next few weeks.

Gforce
11-23-2007, 01:08 PM
I suggest a Pog!

soggyramen
11-23-2007, 01:49 PM
you sound exactly like this girl who played on the girls team at my high school. same racquet too. now if you haven't tried any heavier racquets you'll never know if they're better for you or not. try some powerful headlight racquets. they feel much lighter than light head heavy ones in my opinion.

i suggest...

Head Protector
Flexpoint 6
KZen Team
Pure Drive 107
O3 Red/Ozone 7/Speedport Red

ps60
11-23-2007, 09:56 PM
lot of ppl including me like heavy rackets here. I play with older ppl who use very light rackets, including the Ti.S6, S5 etc. and it is mostly moon ball (boring) double games. In this type of game, a light racket give U all the benefit without the weakness because hard hit balls are seldom. Everyone who try the old man's S6 would like it very much in our games.

So if U are playing soft ball type of tennis, it doesn't hurt to keep using the S6. If U want to improve a bit, can try the Volkl DNX 6 (with a very attractive female paintjob), or the DNX V1 MP or OS. They are very comfortable and powerful. The MP serves as powerful as Fed's nCode 90 (although a little less accurate).

Prince Shark MP and OS are also good, less comfortable than Volkls but are good intermediate players' rackets.

bubbatex
11-24-2007, 07:11 AM
well, considering this thread is almost 2 months old, she probably has something new already......