PDA

View Full Version : Head Prestige Midplus or Head Microgel Extreme Pro

quest01
09-21-2007, 10:03 AM
I know these are a little different but which one in your opinion do you feel is the better racket and why?

Please do not reply with a question, thanks

tennisntn3477
09-21-2007, 10:22 AM
IN GENERAL, Head Prestige is considered a better racquet than a Head Extreme. There - didn't answer with a question.

Now, questions for you - which midplus version of the Prestige? Do you want a stiff or a flexible racquet? Do you like a thick or thin beam on a racquet? Those are the real questions you need to be asking.

Ruud
09-21-2007, 11:38 AM
I think prestige is better.

But if you want a prestige with an open string pattern next year there will be a prestige 16-19 Midplus frame.

Michelangelo
09-21-2007, 03:33 PM
Kinda hit with the Extreme Pro today. I'd say it's the answer to Babolat Pure Drive from HEAD. Less flexy compared wtih Microgel Radical. One of the obvious aspect is the powerful punch of serve. But the touch/feel and spin is not really outstanding. If you play both single and double but only want one racquet, you should consider it. However, it's definitely not my favorite type of racquet.

gjoc
09-21-2007, 03:56 PM
But if you want a prestige with an open string pattern next year there will be a prestige 16-19 Midplus frame.

I’ve heard that rumour too... I’m still hoping it’s false.

It’s just so wrong on so many levels!

Why can’t the open-pattern people just mind their own business and stick with Babolat or whatever, and leave the good racquets alone? ;)

There they go again--trying to ruin it for everybody!

Ruud
09-22-2007, 11:21 AM
That rumor is true. There will be an 16-19 prestige pro.

gjoc
09-22-2007, 01:04 PM
That rumor is true. There will be an 16-19 prestige pro.

And you know that because...

...you read it on the Internet?

Old_Crow
09-22-2007, 01:21 PM

Photo's of the prototypes have already been posted on this board...

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=154339&highlight=prestige

gjoc
09-22-2007, 02:20 PM
Photo's of the prototypes have already been posted on this board...

So, you’re saying you know it because you saw it on the Internet?

I’ve seen that thread, and the OP’s smashed racquet in that thread, which was supposedly a Microgel Prestige prototype, and was painted like one, was an 18x20.

The racquet on the guy’s bed that appeared to be spray painted plain burgundy red--who knows what that was. Seems like it was just a troll joke to me.

Old_Crow
09-22-2007, 05:46 PM
So, you’re saying you know it because you saw it on the Internet?

I’ve seen that thread, and the OP’s smashed racquet in that thread, which was supposedly a Microgel Prestige prototype, and was painted like one, was an 18x20.

The racquet on the guy’s bed that appeared to be spray painted plain burgundy red--who knows what that was. Seems like it was just a troll joke to me.

Is it necessary to act the jackass? I posted "Photo's of the prototypes have already been posted on this board..."

I don't think anywhere in that post I write that I know anything. I take things at face value and don't try to go out of my way to be a sarcastic jerk to people I don't know. Golden rule and all.

soggyramen
09-22-2007, 06:29 PM
I’ve heard that rumour too... I’m still hoping it’s false.

It’s just so wrong on so many levels!

Why can’t the open-pattern people just mind their own business and stick with Babolat or whatever, and leave the good racquets alone? ;)

There they go again--trying to ruin it for everybody!

it's the pro version...the regular prestige will still be 18x20 both mid and midplus

gjoc
09-22-2007, 06:32 PM
I don't try to go out of my way to be a sarcastic jerk to people I don't know.

Apparently, that’s exactly what you do...

What exactly was the point of your post? Perhaps I misinterpreted it.

Since your post was in reply to mine, quoting me, I presumed you were arguing with it--It seemed like you were thinking you were somehow offering some kind of evidence that would somehow answer some question.

In any event, I don’t know that those are “photos of prototypes,” and neither do you.

There’s a word for “taking things at face value”--it’s called naive. No doubt this will come as a shock to you, but not everything you see on the Internet is real.

Moreover, the only photos in that thread that appeared to be legitimate supported my position anyway, not the other poster.

Here’s a tip.. you might want to read the thread before you reply to the post with a sarcastic, condescending post, attacking people, so you’ll at least least know what conversation you’re jumping into the middle of.

Old_Crow
09-22-2007, 07:54 PM
What exactly was the point of your post? Perhaps I misinterpreted it.

Everyone on this board always asks for photos so I linked the thread with photos. Nothing more, nothing less. My big mistake was giving a damn, one I won't make again.

In parting, quid pro quo, here's a tip for you...

soto voce - everyone on the internet isn't trying to deceive you

Ruud
09-23-2007, 02:46 AM

No because a asked the Head Rep in holland and he confirmed that there will be the pro. It is no rumor anymore, in january it will come out in holland. Sorry to burst your bubble

gjoc
09-23-2007, 02:59 AM
No because a asked the Head Rep in holland and he confirmed that there will be the pro. It is no rumor anymore, in january it will come out in holland. Sorry to burst your bubble

Well, if some anonymous person in Holland said so, I guess it must be true. :roll:

Ruud
09-23-2007, 03:05 AM
you are a real ***** okey!!!! I just wanted to give you some information i even have the specs of the pro. Got them also from the rep. He is not anonymous maybe anonymous for you not for me.

I really hate people like you.

gjoc
09-23-2007, 03:14 AM
you are a real ***** okey!!!! I just wanted to give you some information i even have the specs of the pro. Got them also from the rep. He is not anonymous maybe anonymous for you not for me.

I really hate people like you.

I made the comment, “I hope the rumour is false,” and you shove, “the rumour is true,” in my face, backing it up with the fact that a rumour exists, and you think I’m an *****?!? ROFL :p

Ruud
09-23-2007, 06:19 AM
It is not a rumor the racket is in production. I do not know what you think is a rumor. But the rumor goes your an *****. It is called the prestige pro and the specs are:

PRO:

Technology MicroGel
Construction MicroGel
Headsize 630 cm2 / 98 in²
Weight 325 gr/ 11,5 oz
Balance 315 mm
Beam 21
Length Standard / 685 mm
String pattern 16 / 19
SSR L 6

gjoc
09-23-2007, 12:07 PM
It is not a rumor the racket is in production. I do not know what you think is a rumor. But the rumor goes your an *****. It is called the prestige pro and the specs are:

PRO:

Technology MicroGel
Construction MicroGel
Headsize 630 cm2 / 98 in²
Weight 325 gr/ 11,5 oz
Balance 315 mm
Beam 21
Length Standard / 685 mm
String pattern 16 / 19
SSR L 6

I know, I know, because your guy in Holland said so... :roll:

Man, did you ever pick the right name! You’re about as “ruud” as they come! :p

Ruud
09-23-2007, 01:01 PM
NO you know what is rude (i like the joke seriously) if someone gives you some serious information and you are a real Jacka.. about this information. And is really not just a guy it is the man who imports all the Head rackets for the Dutch market.

But lets stop this insanity (hhahaha) and i will stop being so ruud (it is just a dutch name) do you know ruud gullit or ruud van nistelrooy 2 great soccerplayers.

Anton
09-23-2007, 02:16 PM
One of the obvious aspect is the powerful punch of serve.

Frame's flexibility does not significantly affect service speeds - the "punch" could be "more powerful" though because of more noise going on :grin:

Service speed is primarily a function of momentum

On topic, MG Ext Pro has a lot of "power", so get that if you feel you don't get enough juice out of your strokes, it is also more "spin friendly"

Prestige would better suit a full stroke flat puncher and serve and volley player. Has a lower deflection angle and "power" but more stability. If you hit more on the flat side smaller head size is much less of an issue.