PDA

View Full Version : "When I play advance player, I do so well, but I cant play against low level players"

Alafter
09-21-2007, 09:42 AM
On numerous occasions, I will see posters who post "I can play really well against advance players, but for some reason I cannot perform as well against a low level player" when asking for racquet advice.

And then it hits me, no, these posters are not some mysteriously good player when put against advance level people. What actually happens is that the advance level people are feeding them well controlled balls to play with, which are naturally easier to hit than random erratic balls hit by another low level player.

The advance level people at will can step it up one notch, and these people who seem to think they are some "mysterious performers" will get murdered instantly.

And in the case of low level vs low level, well, the other guy is sending back balls as random and as hard to deal with as the other guy, hence making it seem that "I cannot perform against low level player".

Just throwing in food for thoughts when describing one's self when asking for racquet advice.

Richie Rich
09-21-2007, 09:44 AM
fair enough, but this really shouldn't be in the racquets section.