View Full Version : How to claim racquet warranty?

09-21-2007, 10:24 AM
I have a Dunlop M-fil 200 and the buttcap got loose and start making a lot of squeaky noises when I hit. Does any one know who to contact and where to send the racquet to claim warranty? I got it for about 6 months and I didn't abuse the racquet. no cracks or fissure or anything, the scratches and paint chips from normal play.

09-21-2007, 10:32 AM
i dunno about dunlop but with Head, you need to go through an official Head rep. just try emailing someone at dunlop or if you can, get someone on the phone and ask. sorry i couldnt help more :x

09-21-2007, 10:33 AM
hmm i looked at the official dunlop site and the address is in new zealand... and I don't want to call new zealand, you know. i have no idea who and where to contact, i don't even have a email addres =/

09-21-2007, 11:27 AM
If you got it here on TW then you can send it back to them (with receipt and note explaining the problem) and they will deal with the warranter issues, at least they did for me with a broken racquet.

09-21-2007, 11:32 AM
why not just try fixing it yourself or give it to your stringer and have him or her fix it...its no big deal and i wouldnt waist my time sending it back....

09-21-2007, 01:55 PM
why not just try fixing it yourself ...

Yeah, what he said :-)

I didn't even look at the OP's problem. Should be a pretty simple fix. Take off the grip and you'll see the buttcap. If its loose just throw a few more staples in it and you should be good to go.

09-21-2007, 02:34 PM
well, the thing is, usually, if the manufacturer decides to fulfill the warranty, they will just give me a new one. that happened to me twice already. so who wouldn't want a new racquet?

09-22-2007, 06:59 AM
A few things. It will take 4 to 6 weeks for them to decide if it is a manufacturing defect or not, and if it is just a loose buttcap I'm sure they'll just fix it (2 minute job). You might get a new replacement grip out of the deal ($4 value) so if it's worth the $4 to not have your racquet for a month or so then go for it.

09-23-2007, 04:08 PM
Hey lecter, is this the Dunlop (18x20) 200? The same thing also happened to me. Whats your email?

09-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Yea, it's a M-fil 200 18X20. I bought two of them together and the first one is really loose so I stopped using it, and the second one is getting loose too and making a lot of sound. I don't have a staple gun and I string my own racquets, so I can't fix it. Besides, this seems like a manufacturing defect, so Dunlop should take care of it. I have other backups, so I can do without one for 2 months.
And cukoo, you can email me at lecter255@berkeley.edu

Dave M
09-24-2007, 03:13 AM
Why don't you take it to the store where you bought it? If it's under warranty surely they'd be first "port of call" to getting it fixed?