PDA

View Full Version : Apd-c vs pdr-c vs pure storm

Grin
09-21-2007, 03:34 PM
What are the pros and cons of these racquets? im am trying to figure out which 2 to demo with 2 other racquets i already picked
Thanks

galatti
09-21-2007, 08:06 PM
I possible, demo all of them. Regarding the pros and cons just search around. Lots of thread about them :)

TennisFrkJC92
09-21-2007, 08:13 PM
I have owned both the PDR and currently using the APDC. The PDR is a lot more stable due to its weight. The APDC produces effortless spin, more than PDR but PDR produces good spin when you need it too. Serving with the PDR is amazing. I was serving flat bombs. With the APDC, i had to adjust to it. The flat serves aren't as fast but the kicks have a bigger jump to it and it's more consistent on serves. The APDC is a very forgiving racquet. You can swing hard and the topspin will keep it in. PDR is also a good racquet but if not strung at high tension, it will be like a trampoline.

Grin
09-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Thanks, i was planning on demoing the apd-c and the pdr-c, so i think i will go with those.

TennisMD
09-22-2007, 10:32 AM
Currently hitting with the APDc, previously most of 07 was with the PDR+ and I have demoed the PDR. Not to make this a non readable post a quick summary. The APDc has more control and manueverability than the PDRs, I play 70% dubs 30% singles, so manueverability a key. For serves only, PDR+ a big winner here, then the PDR and APDc next, interestingly on just speed ,ie measured by radar gun, not much dif between any of these but in match play and seeing how the ball hops off the court after the serve hits the surface the above ranking stands. On ground strokes as Chris said in the TW review the PDR+ is a winner but all around I prefer the APDc. All told I think I prefer the standard length rkt, I am 6' 1"". Also For what it is worth, I do not see a huge dif vs the APD and APDc yes dif feel but overall results on the court are equal.

Grin
09-22-2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the imput, i think im really gonna like the APD-C I havent really played with the "newest technology" racquets but i just think the cortex version might be a little easier on the arm/wrist

jel
09-22-2007, 07:18 PM
the pure storm is worth a demo too; great control and feel.

Grin
09-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Haha that coulda helped a little while ago, considering i made up my demo choices and went through with it....they are

APD-C
PDR-C
Ksix-one 95 16x18
speedport black/instead of the pure storm

Alex132
09-22-2007, 08:55 PM
i would highly advice to string APD C high tension because it has tons of power, also very dampened feel, like you can hit the ball real hard but wont feel much at all.

Grin
09-23-2007, 11:48 AM
well....with my 2 old racquets i dont think ill have a problem with no "feel"
i currently own a triad 3.0 then just bought the babolat aero tour which i cant play well with so i have to find a replacement so i think anything will be better than that. haha

julianoz
09-23-2007, 12:43 PM
I thought the pdr had more control than apdc, and thought the apd was more powerful.