PDA

View Full Version : most underrated and overrated players on tour

bdawg
11-06-2004, 08:42 AM
overrated-- MOYA. how is this guy doing it. I don't recall him being competitve in any match with a seeded player

underrated- shaulken - I like this guy. very simple game and yet keeps running into roddick

perfmode
11-06-2004, 08:46 AM
Moya is still a top 5 player and has played the most matches this year. He's not overrated. If his rank was 20-30, he'd be really overrated but the guy gets great results. He's starting to get pretty old though. It's time for him to retire and focus on bringing Nadal up.

davey25
11-06-2004, 08:53 AM
Overrated-Capriati-What a joke to hear Mary Joe Fernandez say whenever the Williams are out she should win the tournament, and Pam saying she should do better against Serena than she does. What a joke to hear her talked about like she was always one of the big 3 of womens tennis when most of her first and second prime she was only about the 7th best player in the world.
How overrated her supposed dominant power is when both Williams, Henin-Hardenne, Clijsters, Sharapova, Davenport, all can hit it harder than she can. How inflated and delusional the expectations of what she can do always have been. How funny it is to hear Mary Carillo always say when this is one nutty match when she plays a Williams, when the Williams really always played down to her level for some reason to make it competitive, and she is either too polite or too concsious of protecting Capriatis perceived stature to say such. How much she relies on other top opponents missing shots to be close in a match. Nuff said.

Most underrated-Lindsay Davenport-If anybody winning only 3 slams undermines their superb talent, it is Lindsay not Jen-Jen. She has dominant head to head with all her contemparies except the Williams(contemparies meaning people who reached the top group of the game within 4 years or less of her). She owns Jennifer head to head and has a much better game yet Jennifer gets so much more recognition and regard for some strange reason. She has won 3 of the 4 majors. She could end the year 1 for the third time in her career, althogh I admit 2001 was a joke.
She has won over 40 tournaments and her career and has beaten every top player multiple times, even the ones she has a losing head to head with. Her serve, return, and groundstrokes are among the most powerful and clean ever in womens tennis. She has been a top contender for slam titles from 97-2004, eight years. She has been in and around the top 10 for 11 years, 94-2004. She should have a few more majors but had some bad luck. Jen-Jen was lucky enough to win 2 of her 3 majors when Lindsay was out with injury, otherwise the slam count would be 5-1 for Lindsay, very unlucky Lindsay and very lucky Jen-Jen. However Lindsay being the class act she is never pointed this out.
She also would have won the U.S open this year but for her injury, and possably Wimbledon but for the rain delay and would be a decisive 1. Sometimes bad things happen to good people.

Feña14
11-06-2004, 08:59 AM
Overated: Roddick

Underated: HENMAN and Thomas Johansson

davey25
11-06-2004, 09:04 AM
I also think Richard Krajiceck of the Netherlands is underrated.
He is certainly not a no-name who won Wimbledon as was described. He was always a contender on tour, especially faster courts, and his play that fortnight was worthy Wimbledon winning tennis. In fact he was a big underachiever and had very bad luck in my opinion. He had a winning head to head with Sampras for Petes sake, LOL! I think he was underrated because he was dutch though. The global press always try to hide dutch athletes and mock their wins and successes, look at Erban Wennemars(speed skater), Jochem Uytehaage(speed skater), Theo Bos(cyclist), Pieter Van Den Hoogenband(swimmer), Martin Verkerk(another tennis player).

bdawg
11-06-2004, 09:41 AM
Moya is overrated. what on earth has he done?

Dutch players are not usually exposed because the american media glorifies its own (i.e roddick). Nevertheless, I do recall Krajicek losing to some no names.

perfmode
11-06-2004, 09:53 AM
Moya is overrated. what on earth has he done?

Dutch players are not usually exposed because the american media glorifies its own (i.e roddick). Nevertheless, I do recall Krajicek losing to some no names.

Previous Year's Final INDESIT ATP Race Position:
Current INDESIT ATP Race Position:

Singles Record:
56 - 17

Singles Titles:
Doubles Record:
0 - 2
Doubles Titles:
Prize Money:
$1,238,209

bdawg
11-06-2004, 10:36 AM
yeah, no majors and he's not competitive on at the slams. not even close. the rankings don't reflect this.

to be in the top five you must be competitve on all surfaces.

thatballwas_IN
11-06-2004, 10:47 AM
Moya is an interesting and confusing player...

His forehand is DEVASTATING and he can serve very well at times.
However, he seems to lack "that certain something.. that Je ne sais quoi" to pull out the big matches to win a Major.

When he is on his game, there is no smoother player to watch.. except the Fed, but Moya has been silky smooth for years.
I don't know if his baseline game takes too much out of him over 2 weeks or what, but he just cant win the big ones.

But he is NOT overrated, he has a solid game and wins a ton of matches and has been doing it in the 90's and 00's. I think he admitted to "enjoying" the lifestyle of a famous tennis pro a bit too much when he was younger and he might have missed out on his peak time to win an Aussie or French.

I think the men's tour is SO SOLID, so competitive that nobody with a winning record is overrated. Lots of underrated players.
I think SAFIN is great, but he is such a headcase and of questionable dedication to the sport that he is as close to overrated as I can think of! Get ahead of him early and he is done. But boy his 04 Australian run was great.

Feña14
11-06-2004, 01:27 PM
yeah, no majors and he's not competitive on at the slams. not even close. the rankings don't reflect this.

to be in the top five you must be competitve on all surfaces.

Are you talking about Moya?

The one who has won the French, been number one in the world, won a masters this year, did well in the Davis Cup final on grass against a quality player last year. Did well at Wimbledon this year, has done well at the Australian and has won a Masters title on an American hardcourt about 2 years ago?

Yep he is definetly overated :?

Nosoupforyou
11-06-2004, 01:47 PM
underrated- Mario Ancic, he has a great all court game and can hang with most people from the baseline, he broke out at wimbledon this year, but has mostly stayed under the radar before and after wimbledon

overrated- I'm gonna have to say Moya. He is one of my favorite players, but when his forehand is off the rest of his game goes with it. I was watching the Massu vs. Moya match and Massu just plain outplayed him by so much. I realize that I shouldn't judge him by just that match but still. I also think that his serve is a bit overhyped. It's even harder for him as he's getting older because it's harder for him to run around his backhand so much and thus he mishits on his forehand more than usual. I love his forehand and think it is the most beautiful shot ever, but when it's off he will struggle against most.

Kobble
11-06-2004, 02:09 PM
James Blake

itsn3o
11-06-2004, 02:44 PM
Mardy Fish is definitely overrated... but then again that's just my opinion

david aames
11-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Coria -- poor condition, big time choker, sh*tty attitude, plays like a dog.

Nosoupforyou
11-06-2004, 03:24 PM
Coria -- poor condition, big time choker, sh*tty attitude, plays like a dog.

I would agree if he wasn't so damn good on clay

foetz
11-06-2004, 03:54 PM
i have to agree that moya is not what one would expect after looking at his rankings.

i noticed that nearly every newcomer said that one of his first big
wins was against moya.
federer beat him the time he was around pos. 400!
and last week i've heard a new french shooting star called zonga beat
him, too.

moya seems to have the ability to collect points but he's not a 'real' top 10 player.

bcaz
11-06-2004, 03:58 PM
Underrated -- Tim Henman. To go out there with what he has and consistently rank among the top 10 in the world, battling through shoulder injuries ... He was fared pretty well head-to-head against certain top players like Federer.

Overrated -- David Nalbandian. A very ordinary game, although I must say his footwork is remarkable, maybe the most efficient on tour. Can't win the big one. Bad attitude on court.

Brian Purdie
11-06-2004, 04:26 PM
overrated: Nadal - not even a fight against Roddick at the Open. Besides some jr success, where's the great record?

underrated: that guy in the movie Wimbledon. I mean, really, who would have thought he'd win.

perfmode
11-06-2004, 06:20 PM
overrated: Nadal - not even a fight against Roddick at the Open. Besides some jr success, where's the great record?

underrated: that guy in the movie Wimbledon. I mean, really, who would have thought he'd win.

If he didn't jump to the ATP at 18, he would have been the #1 junior in the world by a huge margin. The guy is a top 100 player and he's only 17. Look at his 2004 record. It's pretty impressive for such a young player.

mlee2
11-06-2004, 06:32 PM
Hewitt would be the clear No. 2 (at least 3) if he didn't run into Fed in 3 of the 4 grand slams he played.

antontd
11-06-2004, 06:38 PM

If he didn't jump to the ATP at 18, he would have been the #1 junior in the world by a huge margin. The guy is a top 100 player and he's only 17. Look at his 2004 record. It's pretty impressive for such a young player.

Nadal is definitely overrated. Yes, he is “only 18”. But he does not have any strong weapons and his game is already consistent.

Angentunderfire38
11-06-2004, 07:53 PM
overrated- Umm hard but I think Nadal?

underrated- HENMAN!!! Henman is my favorite player and people don't think he has a chance to those top ranked people, but I think he can still put up a little fight!

Feña14
11-07-2004, 02:37 AM
underrated- HENMAN!!! Henman is my favorite player and people don't think he has a chance to those top ranked people, but I think he can still put up a little fight!

At last!!!! someone who thinks Henman is underated. His Wimbledon record is scary good. To be in the top 10 with his game style and consistently is also an amazing effort.

I have been supporting him since 1994 and have seen all the disappointing loses and I don't think that people quite understand the achievements he has made.

Rabbit
11-07-2004, 08:29 AM
If you ask Greg Rusedski, he's the most underrated player on tour. If you ask everybody else, he's the most overrated player on tour. Yes, it's a cunumdrum wrapped in an enigma.

NoBadMojo
11-07-2004, 08:43 AM
most overrated in many a year? it's a tie..jm gambill and justin gimelslob
most underrated= samps. all those years he was winning and winning majours and that still wasnt good enough for many people.

bdawg
11-07-2004, 11:34 AM
oh yeah, I completely forgot about the traitor Rusedski. What the hell happened to this guy? Last time I checked he was losing the 1st round to everyone. I think I can beat him with a badminton racket.

I completely forgout about Ancic. Anyone who beat federer on grass deserves some kudos.

Max G.
11-07-2004, 11:52 AM
oh yeah, I completely forgot about the traitor Rusedski. What the hell happened to this guy? Last time I checked he was losing the 1st round to everyone. I think I can beat him with a badminton racket.

I completely forgout about Ancic. Anyone who beat federer on grass deserves some kudos.

Last time I checked he's been playing well recently, he has a final and a semifinal recently. He's won a tournament this year - more than you can say for a majority of the players on tour. For the year he has one tournament win, one final, one semifinal, and several quarterfinals. He's in the top 50 of the champions race. He has a 26-16 record for the year.

dp
11-07-2004, 12:07 PM
Blake. I think the media was looking for something to show that US tennis isn't just about white boys from Florida.

bdawg
11-07-2004, 12:27 PM
fine. Rusedski is still a traitor.

Max G.
11-07-2004, 12:42 PM
fine. Rusedski is still a traitor.

Sure, whatever works. I like him because I like his style of play, and I really don't care about his background, I'm not going to bother defending him there.

Chanchai
11-07-2004, 12:45 PM
Depends on who is doing the "rating."

For example...
-On TW Forums -- I'd say Roddick is underrated.
-In the realm of american popular media -- I'd say Roddick is overrated.
-In my mind, Roddick's a damn good player and earned most of what he's got, and has consistently made himself a threat. And I enjoy watching his game mature.

And then what can you say about Safin... He's almost both overrated and underrated at the same time by almost anyone. I just hope his Masters Cup showing this year won't be like in 2002--he was having a generally good Fall indoor season then (and right now he's having an awesome one), and then just crashed and burned at the Masters Cup.

Love watching Marat play though.

And then here's the weird statement... Like many here, been a Federer fan for a long time (well, 2 years is a long time for me :P)--would have been a fan sooner if I started tennis sooner. Anyways... The weird statement: "Roger Federer is justifiably overrated" or put another way, "his game is worth overrating" :P

If I was in some parts of Europe... I wouldn't worry about Nadal (but I fall into the "overrates Nadal" category by some). No, if I was in Europe... I'd be worried about Richard Gasquet being overrated :P But who knows... maybe he'll mature, work his game as he should, and in a couple years we'll talk about him like we talk about Federer.

This summer... I felt the two Germans: Tommy Haas and Nicholas Kiefer were underrated (even though on TW forums, Tommy Haas' game is very much appreciated).

I tend to think that Sjeng Schaulken is underrated, but you kind of have to expect that. He's a guy who seems to hardly make a dent on the tour when he's not at a major. And yet in a good number of majors a year (well, 2 or 3), you can expect him to knock out a seed or two, and go into week 2. Is it because of his game, as funky as some of his techniques are? Is it because of focus? Is it because the 3 of 5 set format works great for him? Probably a bit of each.

All that said... I'm the kind of guy who usually won't underrate a player (because I'm much more prone to overrating anyone at the pro level, but I'm pretty certain that anyone in the top 100 doesn't suck at tennis).

-Chanchai

silent bob
11-07-2004, 10:30 PM
Underrated (in terms of media/TW admiration, not ranking):

1) Coria - David Aames comment proves it. The guy weighs under 150 lbs and he went UNDEFEATED on CLAY for nearly a full year. You simply cannot do that if you are not fit, have a bad attitude and choke. It caught up to him at Roland Garros this year, and it was heartbeaking to watch, but cramping after a very heavy clay court schedule in the seventh match of a Major does not make one a choker or unfit. As for attitude, his record speaks for itself.

2) Henman - I reckon the only guy who is comfortable facing the best volleys on tour is Hewitt. Funny, for most of his career i would say that he was overrated due to his patriotic following at Wimbledon, but he's a late bloomer who does not get much credit.

3) Hewitt - Climbed back to #3, and lost to the eventual champion at all 4 Majors this year, but rarely mentioned in the same breath as, say, Roddick these days. Considered a has-been by many already.

Overrated (same definition)

1) All American men except Andre and perhaps Spadea and Roddick, although Roddick, too, was overrated until the US Open silenced his bandwagon IMO.

2) Nadal - he may deserve the hype some day, but hasn't earned it yet.

3) Williams sisters - what have they done for us lately?

Phil
11-07-2004, 10:50 PM
I don't think Coria is underrated-or overrated. He's won some matches, and he seems fairly fit. But he is a choker and with his attitude on the court-dumb facial expressions, body language, etc.-I find him difficult to watch.

MARK ANDERS
11-07-2004, 11:08 PM
Underated: Thomas Enqvist, Ollie Rochus, Tommy Haas, Robin Soderling, Vince Spadea, Augustin Calleri, pre-retired Magnus Norman, Dimitri Tursanov, Xman Malisse, Luis Horna, G. Canas, S. Schalken, GAUDIO and oh yea, Thomas Enqvist!

Overated: Moya, Blake, Ferrrero, Gambill, Ginepri, Nalbandian

Radical Shot
11-08-2004, 01:11 AM
Yep, I think Xman Malisse is a real talent also... I'd love to see him win a big one.
________
oxygen vaporizer (http://www.vaporshop.com/oxygen-vaporizer.html)

Camilio Pascual
11-08-2004, 03:52 AM
Nice post comparing Davenport and Capriati, Davey25. I'd never thought of it that way. You make a convincing argument when you mention how each has won 3 Majors and Davenport has a better head-to-head record. Capriati obviously has gotten the lion's share of attention. Oddly enough, because of her mid-career failures, not successes. I'm even going to steal your ideas when I talk to my friends next time about the WTA. No, I'll give you credit. "This guy on the TW board said..."
Serena Williams was overrated this year. A lot of people thought she would come roaring back and sweep her way to #1 effortlessly. Wrong. Some other people (me, too) thought it would be a hard struggle, but that she qould attain #1 by the end of the year. Wrong again.

11-08-2004, 04:29 AM
under-rated + under-acheiver: Grosjean...he's super-talented. Same for Malisse....but his attitude just isn't there. Robredo.

over-rated: Nadal, Ferrero

davey25
11-09-2004, 05:35 AM
I agree Moya is overrated. Robredo is also overrated. Even as a junior his ranking was 8 and he couldnt even win the junior Roland Garros. He has no weapons to make it near the top. Moya though is much too high for a player with no chance to win a grand slam. I also agree the very talented Ancic is underrated. Grosjean is also underrated even though he will have a hard time winning a slam.

Camilio feel free to steal my thoughts on Capriati-Davenport anytime. It is a nice to know I am not the only one who has thought of their relative careers in that context.

Azza
11-10-2004, 03:45 PM
Malisse is such a technically proficient player with such fluid stroke making ability and yet he doesnt have the mental game to match his technical side. He can quite easily throw a game away on this aspect alone.

And what of the big man Scud - potentially one of the best has-beens going around - saw him at a nightclub in Melbourne and had a chat too him and claims he's going to be entering into quite a heavy training schedule in an attempt to get him back to where he was!

Anonymous
11-10-2004, 04:56 PM
OVERRATED: Roger Federer (He's still great but they make it sound like he's the ultimate)

UNDERRATED: Andy Roddick

Anonymous
11-10-2004, 04:57 PM
Mine might sound outrageous at first but think about it and you'll come to the same conclusions I think...

mlee2
11-10-2004, 05:18 PM
What about Connor Roth?

Clearly no one can touch him...;-)

splink779
11-10-2004, 06:21 PM
Underrated - HAAS! and Roddick
Overrated - Federer (I agree with ETennisACE7 here, but I will definitely change my opinion on this if he wins more Slams next year)

davey25
11-18-2004, 06:31 AM
Just curious how is Roddick underrated and Federer overrated when? Who in particular do you feel overrates Federer and underrates Roddick? Certainly not the likes of John McEnroe, Mary Carillo, and Pam Shriver, who seem to think Roddick is atleast Federer's equal contrary to the results that come in.

SydW
11-18-2004, 06:33 AM
OVERRATED: Roger Federer (He's still great but they make it sound like he's the ultimate)

UNDERRATED: Andy Roddick

I thought for some time about it, still think it's one of the most laughable post around here.

davey25
11-18-2004, 06:38 AM
On this board by people like me, maybe to a certain degree. However no way by the people whose views, judgements, and evaluations are heard, seen, and read around the world.

Brettolius
11-18-2004, 06:54 AM
that swiss guy, ol' what's his name, federer? yeah, that guy is underrated for sure, have any of you guys seen him play? never heard of him till the other day, and in case you hadn't either, he is one smooth dude, and he's got a pretty decent forehand. can't believe he's not mentioned more around here. try to catch one of his matches if you get the chance...

SydW
11-18-2004, 06:56 AM
That smooth swiss guy is mentioned plenty around here actually, though most of it being justifiable.

irish
11-18-2004, 07:01 AM
None of these guys being named fit into the categories. There is a point system that rates them to take the bias out. How could someone say Federer is overrated---he is #1 because he has almost lapped the field in points! The three best guys right now are Federer, Safin and Roddick---everyone else is at a different level. If someone could be said to be underrated, it would be Safin. No one wants to play him now. Hewitt is above Safin in points, so in my opinion he is overrated.

perfmode
11-18-2004, 08:56 AM
None of these guys being named fit into the categories. There is a point system that rates them to take the bias out. How could someone say Federer is overrated---he is #1 because he has almost lapped the field in points! The three best guys right now are Federer, Safin and Roddick---everyone else is at a different level. If someone could be said to be underrated, it would be Safin. No one wants to play him now. Hewitt is above Safin in points, so in my opinion he is overrated.
I'm sure Fed would like to take him on.

irishbanger
11-19-2004, 05:33 AM
Perfmode, agree 100% with your 51%!

drakulie
11-19-2004, 06:17 AM
overrated-coria

underrated-Davenport

gmlasam
11-19-2004, 10:58 AM
Mardy Fish is definitely overrated... but then again that's just my opinionYea I agree. Fish Market is certainly overrated.

Underrated is Vince Speadea.

VashTheStampede
11-19-2004, 11:17 AM
As weird as it may seem, the most underrated player is Federer. It may not sound that way by listening to Carillo or reading threads on this board. But in the United States, he's as underrated as one can possibly get. After his remarkable performance this year, he walked through New York City with a huge US Open trophy and no one noticed him! Sampras counts as underrated as well IMO considering 14 Grand Slams.

SydW
11-19-2004, 11:23 AM
Is that a surprise? He went to USO as the no1 with 3 slams in his bag, yet were asked by the US media if he can sneak away a win here with Roddick and Andre around. What a joke.

davey25
11-19-2004, 11:25 AM
I doubt they ask him that next year. I think many felt before this U.S open Andre and Andy had the edge over him there, mainly on the environment. I think he dismissed that firmly this year though.

SydW
11-19-2004, 11:30 AM
Not just that, I think genuinely they don't know about this guy, they are completely ignorant of how good a player he is.

davey25
11-19-2004, 11:34 AM
The U.S always have a somewhat distorted view on sports. It is so much on image, hype, potrayal, and limited awareness. Just look at their coverage of the Olympics and it is obvious how little they know in some cases of what really goes on outside the Olympics.

Lee
11-19-2004, 12:56 PM
Overrated: Coria... Moya...

Underrated: Solderling.. Berdych.. they are young but they could potentially be huge in 2005

bigserving
11-19-2004, 05:29 PM
Blake. I think the media was looking for something to show that US tennis isn't just about white boys from Florida.

Allrighty then Rush Limbaugh.

FedererWinsWimbledon2014
09-13-2013, 01:41 AM
Numerous people on this thread have claimed Federer and Nadal are overrated.

30 slams and counting...

tipsa...don'tlikehim!
09-13-2013, 02:13 AM
Old thread!! :D

Overrated: Dolgopolov
Underrated: Kohlschreiber

NEW_BORN
09-13-2013, 02:30 AM
Underrated - Berlocq
Overrated - Warlocq

tipsa...don'tlikehim!
09-13-2013, 03:03 AM
Underrated - Berlocq
Overrated - Warlocq

Underrated Berlocq I totally agree!

Chico
09-13-2013, 03:23 AM
underrated - Djokovic by far.
overrated - Nadal lately - he ain't no GOAT.

rossi46
09-13-2013, 03:51 AM
Underrated - Wawrinka, Kohlschreiber, Haas

Overrated - Dimitrov, Raonic, Dimitrov, Raonic, Dimitrov, Raonic, Dimitrov, Raonic, Dimitrov, Raonic, Dimitrov, Raonic

rossi46
09-13-2013, 03:54 AM
Yea I agree. Fish Market is certainly overrated.

Underrated is Vince Speadea.

Fish Market !!! Good stuff

tipsa...don'tlikehim!
09-13-2013, 03:56 AM
How did I forget Dimitrov ? :o good point Rossi.

Fedinkum
09-13-2013, 04:12 AM
Kafelnikov hits my head when I think of most overrated No.1 in the open era but apparently he was a great poker champion after he retired, figure that out XD

tipsa...don'tlikehim!
09-13-2013, 04:14 AM
Kafelnikov hits my head when I think of most overrated No.1 in the open era.

He didn't stay long at the top but I don't think he is overrated.

Chico
09-13-2013, 04:34 AM
Also how did I forget:

overrated - Janowicz. He ain't no future slam winner.

President
09-13-2013, 04:36 AM
Overrated: Raonic
Underrated: Ferrer

babolat king
09-13-2013, 04:46 AM
underrated - Djokovic by far.
overrated - Nadal lately - he ain't no GOAT.

Nadal reeeeally? By the time he retires, he will be the leader in Grand Slams. Once he sets that record, it will be a record that will never be broken. Especially with the depth of the mens game now.

Think about it, if he plays atleast 5 more yrs, he has it in French Opens alone. Thats leaving out atleast a couple more US and Wimbledons.

tipsa...don'tlikehim!
09-13-2013, 04:57 AM
Nadal reeeeally? By the time he retires, he will be the leader in Grand Slams. Once he sets that record, it will be a record that will never be broken. Especially with the depth of the mens game now.

Think about it, if he plays atleast 5 more yrs, he has it in French Opens alone. Thats leaving out atleast a couple more US and Wimbledons.

Well it's Chico... Nadal won 13 grand slams by pure luck.

Roddick85
09-13-2013, 04:57 AM
Underrated : Roddick
Overrated : Raonic, Murray.

Honorable mention to Federer, as he's terribly underrated lately.

rossi46
09-13-2013, 04:59 AM
Kafelnikov hits my head when I think of most overrated No.1 in the open era but apparently he was a great poker champion after he retired, figure that out XD

That period saw quite a few changes at the top, Kafelnikov, Ferrero, Rafter & Rios 1998-1999 if I am not mistaken. Pretty weak No.1s, but I wouldn't say Kafelnikov was overrated overall, after all he won 2 majors on 2 different surfaces, beating Krajicek-Sampras-Stich on his way to victory at RG in 1996, quite a handy effort.

FedererWinsWimbledon2014
09-13-2013, 05:04 AM

He is playing in a pro golf tournament today.

http://www.europeantour.com/challengetour/season=2013/tournamentid=2013766/leaderboard/index.html

He is near to the bottom

Thriller
09-13-2013, 05:06 AM

Anyone who can take Federer out in straight sets, best of 5 on (fast) grass cannot be overrated.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=K267&oId=F324

fastgrass
09-13-2013, 05:19 AM
overrated
1) Murray
2) delpotro
3) GD
4 ) JJ
5) Dolgoplov

underrated

1) nole
2) nadal
3) berdych
4) Tsonga
5) federer

fastgrass
09-13-2013, 05:19 AM
overrated
1) Murray
2) delpotro
3) GD
4 ) JJ
5) Dolgoplov

underrated

1) nole
2) nadal
3) berdych
4) Tsonga
5) federer ( can win slam )

babolat king
09-13-2013, 05:20 AM

The most overrated number 1 by far was Rios. Sure he was a great talent but he never won a slam and retired too early. We'll never know how great he could have been.

Fedinkum
09-13-2013, 05:27 AM
That's awesome, I wonder what else is keeping his post tennis live busy!!
He is playing in a pro golf tournament today.

http://www.europeantour.com/challengetour/season=2013/tournamentid=2013766/leaderboard/index.html

He is near to the bottom

The most overrated number 1 by far was Rios. Sure he was a great talent but he never won a slam and retired too early. We'll never know how great he could have been.
Arrr...Yes...you are right....., I forgot Rios!!!