PDA

View Full Version : Got my Microgel Radical Pro today...omg...

MetsJetsRebels
09-21-2007, 05:52 PM
This racket is so sick. It's amazing. Hits like a beast, the swingweight is amazingly light and comfortable for a 11.7 ounce racket, but the feeling when you plow through the ball is just crazy. Top spin is insane, and serving is great due to the low swing weight and good spin.

In a nutshell, its a beast of a racket.
:-D

btw, I love the smell of new rackets :p

WhiteSox05CA
09-21-2007, 06:01 PM
OMG! Good thing you started a thread on this! Thanks for the update Jack!

BTW, I thought it was comfortable as a racquet, but I didn't like it overall, I'm biased against Head racquets. If it wasn't for Agassi I'd probably HATE them.

RoddickistheMan
09-21-2007, 06:45 PM
I just got the demo. will see how it plays. Im hoping it will play like a more comfortable pure drive with slighty less power and more feel.
________
CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT (http://classactionsettlements.org/)

MetsJetsRebels
09-21-2007, 06:52 PM
Plus, I love how it looks. Maybe its an acquired taste...

MetsJetsRebels
09-21-2007, 06:53 PM
OMG! Good thing you started a thread on this! Thanks for the update Jack!

BTW, I thought it was comfortable as a racquet, but I didn't like it overall, I'm biased against Head racquets. If it wasn't for Agassi I'd probably HATE them.

NP DUDE! GOOD JOB!

tlm
09-21-2007, 06:58 PM
I demoed it + thought that this was a great racquet, but it is not as comfortable as it seems.With poly in it it was hurting my elbow, i have been using the same poly in my rds 002 tours with no pain.

I thought this was going to be a great racquet also, it hits a low ball as good as any racquet i have used. Great spin wicked angles, but the control is not that good unless strung tight with a low powered syn. or multi.

Ronny
09-21-2007, 07:50 PM
This racket is so sick. It's amazing. Hits like a beast, the swingweight is amazingly light and comfortable for a 11.7 ounce racket, but the feeling when you plow through the ball is just crazy. Top spin is insane, and serving is great due to the low swing weight and good spin.

how is the racquet for flat serves and how is the control level with the fxp prestige mp?(i know i've been saying this soo many times, but its like the only racquet i can compare with)

Bhagi Katbamna
09-21-2007, 08:49 PM
I don't mind the rackets, it's the grip shape I cannot get used to.

MetsJetsRebels
09-23-2007, 01:05 AM
how is the racquet for flat serves and how is the control level with the fxp prestige mp?(i know i've been saying this soo many times, but its like the only racquet i can compare with)

I think my flat serves have gotten a LOT better, much more consistent, and I think it has really helped my game(when I get my first serve in, I always win the point, either they cant return it or the hit a defensive shot and I put it away). Not as much pace as my oversize babolat, but still very good, the extra weight creates a heavy ball.

Ronny
09-23-2007, 02:18 AM
I think my flat serves have gotten a LOT better, much more consistent, and I think it has really helped my game(when I get my first serve in, I always win the point, either they cant return it or the hit a defensive shot and I put it away). Not as much pace as my oversize babolat, but still very good, the extra weight creates a heavy ball.

what about the control

Pro_Tour_630
09-23-2007, 06:19 AM
Plus, I love how it looks. Maybe its an acquired taste...

I was the one who insisted you get it, while all those demo, demo and demo folks were talking smack.

You owe me a beer :-)

BTW I just broke my string after few weeks. I think 16g will not be too bad with good spin. If you are a string breaker go with 16g, 16L is my next string on the pro, stay away from poly on the pro

vsbabolat
09-23-2007, 07:01 AM
I was the one who insisted you get it, while all those demo, demo and demo folks were talking smack.

BTW I just broke my string after few weeks. I think 16g will not be too bad with good spin. If you are a string breaker go with 16g, 16L is my next string on the pro, stay away from poly on the pro

Michael, don't you think these Microgel Radicals are much better than the Liquidmetal and Flexpoint versions. I was pleasantly surprised by the Microgel Radicals.

Pro_Tour_630
09-23-2007, 07:11 AM
Michael, don't you think these Microgel Radicals are much better than the Liquidmetal and Flexpoint versions. I was pleasantly surprised by the Microgel Radicals.

correct they surprisingly are better and more frames and more solid not hollow. I am playing doubles with the MG radical pro and I am liking it more than my PT630 which I play mainly baseline bashing singles with. another secret iI am playing with are LM radical TOUR. It is a beast and I am hitting heavier balls than my beloved PT630. only draw back so far is just a little pain in my arm due to stiffness compared to my plush PT.

The MG prestige pro is going to be an open 98, the radical pro is an open 100, not sure why head has two very close frames other than the prestige might flex a bit more. It would not be surprised that the MG radical pro would be better than MG prestige pro. We shall see in a few months.

bagung
09-23-2007, 08:17 AM
how is the MG radical compare to dnx-10 mid....?

Vision84
09-23-2007, 09:07 AM
I use a microgel radical MP and love it. Never tried the oversize or pro though. Great soft feel while staying firm. The racket has decent spin and lots of control.

Fedace
09-23-2007, 09:09 AM

What does it smell like ?? Does it smell like VICTORY ??? Hun tak Lee uses that frame now and he loves it too, his partner told me at indi.;)

RoddickistheMan
09-23-2007, 10:03 AM
just hit with it. Nice swingweight as it whipped thropugh the air. However I could not find the sweetspot. I asked one of my hitting partners to try it and he could not find the sweetspot as well. IMO it didnt have that great of feel.
________
Classaction Settlements (http://classactionsettlements.org/)

MetsJetsRebels
09-23-2007, 10:08 AM
what about the control

Decent control. I think I just need to get used to it, but I can place it where I want to usually when I am on the offensive. My only problem is when my opponent has a weak 2nd serve, I scoot up to return it, try to hit a winner, and it sails a little long, but I'll be able to fix that. Overall I think it had very good control.

Also, something I DIDNT mention was how great it is for a 2HBH. This stick has made my 2HBH MUCH MUCH more stable, and the 11.7 ounces creates a very solid feel for 2HBH's. I can return almost anything now with my backhand, and I can create sick cross court angles with it.

Everyone I've played with has told me my game, overall, has gotten better with this racquet

MetsJetsRebels
09-23-2007, 10:09 AM

Yes, bro, you were. I do owe ya a beer, tell me next time your in Vegas ;)

I havent broken a string yet, I got some cyberflash 16g's strung at 57

MetsJetsRebels
09-23-2007, 10:12 AM
What does it smell like ?? Does it smell like VICTORY ??? Hun tak Lee uses that frame now and he loves it too, his partner told me at indi.;)

YUP> exactly what it smells like, VICTORYYY.
Who is Hun Tak Lee? lol

MetsJetsRebels
09-23-2007, 10:14 AM
just hit with it. Nice swingweight as it whipped thropugh the air. However I could not find the sweetspot. I asked one of my hitting partners to try it and he could not find the sweetspot as well. IMO it didnt have that great of feel.
I agree, the swingweight is great, I can generate a lot of speed on my swing. I'm not sure why you couldn't find the sweetspot, what was your string set up? Also, it takes a few hours of hitting to break in the strings/racket, after that I found the sweetspot easily, and started killin everyone in my path.

Gee
09-23-2007, 10:40 AM
I own the FXP Radical Tour which I love very much. Especially playing groundstrokes is a great joy. However fast volleys are more difficult to handle with the FXP Rad Tour. So now I have the following question:
How does the MG Rad Pro play during fast volley exchanges compared to FXP Rad Tour. I guess it is easier to volley with MG Rad Pro due to the less swing weight. What are your experiences about this?

MetsJetsRebels
09-23-2007, 11:29 AM
I own the FXP Radical Tour which I love very much. Especially playing groundstrokes is a great joy. However fast volleys are more difficult to handle with the FXP Rad Tour. So now I have the following question:
How does the MG Rad Pro play during fast volley exchanges compared to FXP Rad Tour. I guess it is easier to volley with MG Rad Pro due to the less swing weight. What are your experiences about this?

I havent played with the FXP Rad, but I can tell you volleying with the MG Rad Pro is very solid. It is decent in the maneuverability department, and almost everytime I get the racquet on the ball it goes over, even if its a shank. With the higher weight of the racquet, I feel that putting away volleys is much easier as well and I can get through the ball easier.

Gee
09-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Good to hear the MG Rad Pro is very manueverable. I will demo this one next weekend. I 'm very curious. I hope it swings a bit lighter than the FXP radical tour as the specs describe.

Anton
09-23-2007, 01:31 PM
Good to hear the MG Rad Pro is very manueverable. I will demo this one next weekend. I 'm very curious. I hope it swings a bit lighter than the FXP radical tour as the specs describe.

I wouldn't call it very maneuverable, just average - which is why I went for the regular version with a bit of weight on it.

wumanchu23
09-24-2007, 01:57 PM
Love the racket. However, anybody experience a little bit of a "clangy" feel when you mishit. Sounds like a cheap aluminum racket sometimes when I shank it.

Final_Match_Point
09-24-2007, 04:52 PM
I think alot of radicals have that feel, which is one of the reasons I never liked radicals. I mean I saw alot of people using them, but the lm version at least felt like plastic in my hands

Anton
09-24-2007, 08:36 PM
I think alot of radicals have that feel, which is one of the reasons I never liked radicals. I mean I saw alot of people using them, but the lm version at least felt like plastic in my hands

MG Radical feel is really sweet and buttery (though not melted butter :))

I didn't like older Radicals

keithchircop
09-25-2007, 02:01 AM
Since when is a swingweight of 319 low on a midplus?