PDA

View Full Version : Serves with the K90 Tour

Bubba
09-22-2007, 12:10 AM
Okay... love the racquet and have been hitting with it for quite some time. Finding that my serves just aren't as good with it as say the K95 (which I can crush, place, etc).

Want to continue with the 90 because of the ground strokes, feel, touch, etc...

So any tips on serving with this stick. I string it around 62 and was thinking that a drop to 57 or so might give me the pace and pop on serves I'm looking for.

Thoughts?

NickOlsen
09-22-2007, 02:05 AM
Ask you coach to watch you crack a few down. You're timing has to be better with the K90 because of the stiffness. I found I was missing long by an inch consisitently, so I changed my grip slightly to cut the ball a touch more. Ended up with consistently 1 inch inside the service line :)

Bubba
09-22-2007, 03:41 AM
Yeah... doing that as well. Also hitting a bit more spin. Finding you need to take the ball a bit higher in the toss with the k90 and get over top of it a bit.

Pathy01
09-22-2007, 04:34 AM
Ask you coach to watch you crack a few down. You're timing has to be better with the K90 because of the stiffness. I found I was missing long by an inch consisitently, so I changed my grip slightly to cut the ball a touch more. Ended up with consistently 1 inch inside the service line :)

Damn, you're good if you can consistenly hit balls with that much precision. Being able to place the ball to within an inch consistently on the serve would be something to see.

NickOlsen
09-22-2007, 05:07 AM
I'm not saying they were in the same place every serve. I'm saying that wherever I placed them, they were consistently 1 inch long.