PDA

View Full Version : N95 16x18 vs K95 16x18

Ljubicic for number1
09-22-2007, 02:52 AM
High guys have done a search and found a bit of info on this but it was views just after the release of the K.

Wondering what the consesis is now after a period of time.

Interested in hearing from people who have played both racquets and what their view is on the difference, spin, serves, feel etc.

Please keep this too the 95 and not the K90, the 90 has plenty of its own threads.

Thanks John.

rooski
09-22-2007, 07:20 AM
As a long time n6195 user I can make a few comments on this. I only demoed the K6195 so my insights are a bit more limited with this stick. Overall IMO the rackets are very different. The k91695 reminds me of the old HPS6195 (which I played prior to the N). The K has more power and is a bit more stable than the N but the K feels 8-10 pts stiffer to me (even thought TW says they are only 4 pts apart). On the other hand, the N has a softer/dampened feel (which I like). Otherwise they play very similarly. It all gets down to how you like your racket to feel.

Ljubicic for number1
09-22-2007, 07:25 AM
Thanks very much for the feedback. Would it be fair to say the K is less muted?

rooski
09-22-2007, 11:17 AM
Thanks very much for the feedback. Would it be fair to say the K is less muted?
Yes...for sure the K is less muted feeling. The downside of the much stiffer K racket of course is that IMO it's much tougher on your arm than the N.

FuriousYellow
09-22-2007, 11:26 AM
As a long time n6195 user I can make a few comments on this. I only demoed the K6195 so my insights are a bit more limited with this stick. Overall IMO the rackets are very different. The k91695 reminds me of the old HPS6195 (which I played prior to the N). The K has more power and is a bit more stable than the N but the K feels 8-10 pts stiffer to me (even thought TW says they are only 4 pts apart). On the other hand, the N has a softer/dampened feel (which I like). Otherwise they play very similarly. It all gets down to how you like your racket to feel.

rooski's post echoes my opinion of the differences as well. The K95 also felt noticeably heavier to swing than the n6.1 or the HPS6.1 with more of the weight shifted towards the head.

Ljubicic for number1
09-22-2007, 04:08 PM
rooski's post echoes my opinion of the differences as well. The K95 also felt noticeably heavier to swing than the n6.1 or the HPS6.1 with more of the weight shifted towards the head.

Do you feel this helped for a bigger serve?

rooski
09-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Do you feel this helped for a bigger serve?
My sense is that the K has more power all around, especially on serve. As furious said, the K does swing a bit heavier than a stock N so you have to be able to handle the lumber. I could easily convert to the K6195 if necessary but I have a feeling my arm would not be too happy about it.

Hobomagic
09-22-2007, 08:00 PM
Demo'd both i prefer the k95. Seems like its better overall personally. Try both as they feel very diffrent but i would go with the k95 since the n95 is being discontinued anyway.

lilxjohnyy
09-22-2007, 08:51 PM
is psoriginal 6.0 95 muted ??? i like the kfactor being not very muted ... is ps 6.0 more like kfactor or ncode ??

Ljubicic for number1
09-22-2007, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the info guys, I have a couple of Ncodes now which I like and play well with, I just dont like the muted feel, people say that the Prince 03 racquets are very muted and I agree with the tour being very muted but the white is very lively and sharp/crisp feeling. I think I will replace the Ncodes with K's and if I dont like them I will sell them off again. I am getting them at a good price so wont lose to much anyway.