PDA

View Full Version : Can't choose between these 2!!!

Ronny
09-22-2007, 08:06 AM
Hey, I recently started a thread asking for help in search of a new racquet and has since demoed a couple and 2 have emerged to be my favorites. The Yonex RQIS Tour 1 and the Babolat Pure Storm Tour. I also have another 2 of interest which is the Tecnifibre T-Fight 320 and the Head Microgel Radical Pro. I'll be having another hit with the Yonex and the Babolat and will post my results. My question is can anyone tell me which one to pick as I can't choose over the 2.

AmericanTemplar
09-22-2007, 11:29 AM
What are your likes/dislikes for each frame? When I was demoing I narrowed down the choices from 12 frames to the RDS 001 Mid, the MP, and the RDS 002 Tour. Each performed better in certain areas and worse in others. I liked the amount of spin that I could get with the RDS 001 MP for example but it didn't feel as good on serve as the Mid. I decided that it was more important for me to have a racquet that aided service precision that one that allowed for a little added spin on groundstrokes. That's really what it comes down to--weighing one against the other and deciding what you want out of your frame the most. Of course you will be able to further tailor your racquet to your ideal specifications with different strings, tensions, lead tape, grips, etc., but it's good to find a racquet that fulfills the bulk of your requirements right off of the shelf.

rosenstar
09-22-2007, 11:57 AM
the more you play with each frame the more apparent it'll become. If you can't make a decision in practice, try playing a match (a whole match) with each frame. that should help you narrow down your selection to 1 frame.

Mick
09-22-2007, 12:21 PM
my policy is: when in doubt, buy both :D

Ronny
09-22-2007, 08:16 PM
i'm currently leaning towards the babolat but have an uncertainty about it. I'm worried about the swingweight being to much for me during long and tiring matches.

Ronny
09-22-2007, 08:18 PM
my policy is: when in doubt, buy both :D

yeah mick, but theres a problem with that. I only can/want to buy 2 of the same racquets and a 6-9 racquet bag as I only have enough money for that.

rosenstar
09-28-2007, 08:01 PM
don't worry about the stats, worry about how it feels. If you like it, but you don't think it will last you throughout long matches, buy it, and build your fitness up to the point where you can play a long match with it.

If a frame feels good to you, don't avoid buying it just because TW says it's a couple points over your prefered swingweight. go by feel not numbers.