PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose one of these flexy sticks

sureshs
09-22-2007, 01:03 PM
I am thinking of experimenting with flexy sticks. I have short-listed the following:

Yonex RQ iS 1 Tour
Fischer M Pro Number One 98
Fischer Magnetic Tour
ProKennex Ki5 (have owned this one before, so have some idea about it, but including it anyway)

Please provide some comparitive analysis (I have already searched and gotten some info) from your experience.

vkartikv
09-22-2007, 01:35 PM
I tried the Mspeed pro 98 (SL). I am assuming this is the frame you were refering to. Does everything well but is not outstanding in any one particular aspect. I am not a fan of thick beams so this one was out for me. If you need a flexy frame in the 335gram range, why not go for the magnetic tour SL? I don't think there have been any complaints against it. It's an all-round good frame and very flexy and comfortable. As for the Ki5, why not go for the 5G instead? It's been proven to work and is as comfortable a hit as you can get. I don't know much about the Hewitt frame, it's relatively new, isn't it?
p.s. what's your current frame?

sureshs
09-22-2007, 01:47 PM
I tried the Mspeed pro 98 (SL). I am assuming this is the frame you were refering to. Does everything well but is not outstanding in any one particular aspect. I am not a fan of thick beams so this one was out for me. If you need a flexy frame in the 335gram range, why not go for the magnetic tour SL? I don't think there have been any complaints against it. It's an all-round good frame and very flexy and comfortable. As for the Ki5, why not go for the 5G instead? It's been proven to work and is as comfortable a hit as you can get. I don't know much about the Hewitt frame, it's relatively new, isn't it?
p.s. what's your current frame?

The MSpeed Pro (the heavier version) is no longer available on TW - it has been replaced by the M Pro.

I am adding Magnetic Tour to the list.

I have owned the Ki5, and it is listed as more flexible than the 5g and reviewed as having more pop. It was honestly the most comfortable stick I have used, but I was in search of more power and depth at that time.

Current frame: does not matter. I am a swinger when it comes to frames (pun intended).