PDA

View Full Version : Aero Storm vs. Pure Storm Tour

me is bored
09-22-2007, 02:59 PM
ok now i know half of the answers are gonna be "just demo both" but i would liek to know the pros and cons of each of these, cuz my dad is making me and my older bro switch to the same racket. were both baseliners, im starting to move into volley. i have a big kick & topspin serve for first and second and he has a huge flat serve followed by mild topspin for second.

soggyramen
09-22-2007, 03:05 PM
ok now i know half of the answers are gonna be "just demo both" but i would liek to know the pros and cons of each of these, cuz my dad is making me and my older bro switch to the same racket. were both baseliners, im starting to move into volley. i have a big kick & topspin serve for first and second and he has a huge flat serve followed by mild topspin for second.

your dad is forcing u guys to use the same racquet...what kind of dad is that

me is bored
09-22-2007, 03:10 PM
lol, its easier to him in his opinion. and not like 1 racket and we both use it, its liek we each get 4 in our own grip size. and its because LM prestige=endangered species and flexpoint radical=shiz.

though my bro used my racket and liked it a lot. we have similar taste so it shouldnt be so much of a big deal, or we could each have like our own similar rackets. idk hes just weird.

me is bored
09-23-2007, 09:03 AM
bumper jumper

Duzza
09-23-2007, 02:29 PM
your dad is forcing u guys to use the same racquet...what kind of dad is that

Agreed. That's a terrible decision.

chinkypinky
09-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Get the pure storm. The aero storm sucks!

me is bored
09-23-2007, 02:54 PM
umm why is the pure storm better???

TennisandMusic
09-23-2007, 03:15 PM
The aero storm is actually a fantastic racquet. I own both the Pure Storm Tour and Aero Storm. It depends entirely on your technique in my opinion. The Aero Storm is a far more solid feeling racquet, and packs more of a "wallop" based on my experience. By comparison, the PST has a "foamy" feeling when you make contact. It is notably lighter and cheaper feeling.

Both racquets perform well but if you have decent technique the Aero Storm is easy to wield, will hit a heavier ball, and just plain feels great.

If you don't have great strokes the PST will be easier to manage. I would check them both out, as neither racquet "sucks," but I think it requires a more advanced player to fully utilize the AS.

me is bored
09-23-2007, 03:15 PM
The aero storm is actually a fantastic racquet. I own both the Pure Storm Tour and Aero Storm. It depends entirely on your technique in my opinion. The Aero Storm is a far more solid feeling racquet, and packs more of a "wallop" based on my experience. By comparison, the PST has a "foamy" feeling when you make contact. It is notably lighter and cheaper feeling.

Both racquets perform well but if you have decent technique the Aero Storm is easy to wield, will hit a heavier ball, and just plain feels great.

If you don't have great strokes the PST will be easier to manage. I would check them both out, as neither racquet "sucks," but I think it requires a more advanced player to fully utilize the AS.

good for baseline bashers im assuming then right?

LafayetteHitter
09-23-2007, 03:18 PM
Is the Pure Storm Tour a box beam design?

TennisandMusic
09-23-2007, 03:30 PM
good for baseline bashers im assuming then right?

Well my volleys are just fine with it as well. Of course I think these sorts of things are more the player than the racquet. I'll just say I "notice" the Aero Storm less when playing, than I do the Pure Storm Tour, which is what I think should be the goal.

me is bored
09-23-2007, 03:39 PM
Well my volleys are just fine with it as well. Of course I think these sorts of things are more the player than the racquet. I'll just say I "notice" the Aero Storm less when playing, than I do the Pure Storm Tour, which is what I think should be the goal.

o, ok, and i think your right on the noticing less thing.

well my dad and i agreed that were gonna order an Aero Storm later tonight from TW.

mileslong
09-23-2007, 04:46 PM
i hate to tell you but you are picking the wrong racket, have owned both and the aerostorm is just a bad racket. i dont know how anyone could pick it over the pure storm tour. how many pros have you ever seen using the aero pro control or the new aerostorm? none thats how many. there are a number of pros using the pure control and the new pure storm tour. tells you all you need to know...

me is bored
09-23-2007, 04:49 PM
i hate to tell you but you are picking the wrong racket, have owned both and the aerostorm is just a bad racket. i dont know how anyone could pick it over the pure storm tour. how many pros have you ever seen using the aero pro control or the new aerostorm? none thats how many. there are a number of pros using the pure control and the new pure storm tour. tells you all you need to know...

whats so bad about Aero Storm and whats so great about the Pure Storm Tour?

mileslong
09-23-2007, 04:55 PM
the aero storm has zero feel. its sluggish to move around, tough to use at the net. has good plough through but that along with good spin are its only good points in my view. i liked the pure storm tour much better, in fact in sold all but 2 of my rackets and bought 2 of the tours immediately after playing with the first one. i owned the aero storm for one match and sold it.

but as always, to each his own...hope you like it...

me is bored
09-23-2007, 05:13 PM
the aero storm has zero feel. its sluggish to move around, tough to use at the net. has good plough through but that along with good spin are its only good points in my view. i liked the pure storm tour much better, in fact in sold all but 2 of my rackets and bought 2 of the tours immediately after playing with the first one. i owned the aero storm for one match and sold it.

but as always, to each his own...hope you like it...

i think it has to do with technique or strength problem for you because im 13 and use LM prestige mid and i think it moves just fine. whatd you use before pure storm tour?

paulmaben
09-23-2007, 06:01 PM
I am demoing the Aero Storm, Pure Storm Tour, Pure Control Team, and Aeropro Drive Cortex from TW. They should be here in a week and I'll let you know what I think.

TW has the Aero Storm listed at 12.1 oz. strung, while other sites have suggested 11.9. I am wondering what is correct. In either case, I'll probably add some lead and get it to around 12.5. I have a tough time playing with anything lighter, I just can't create a heavy enough ball and I lose my touch around the net with something that feels like a feather.

Paul

RoddickistheMan
09-23-2007, 07:52 PM
i think it has to do with technique or strength problem for you because im 13 and use LM prestige mid and i think it moves just fine. whatd you use before pure storm tour?

I am demoing the pure storm tour and the aero storm. I found that the aero storm swung very light despite its 12 oz weight. The aero technology really does work. However, I somewhat agree that the racquet does have a lack of feel. you can only feel the ball if you hit the sweetspot. It is kind of sluggish at net. My biggest complaint about the aero storm is the lack of pop. Really does lack pop which is weird. As for the tour. I liked it alot however for the first time with any babolat I began to get some elbow soreness. Just a little bit. Done with that racquet. I think its how the racquet flexes.
________
MERCURY COMET (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mercury_Comet)

PED
09-24-2007, 03:49 AM
We have a digital scale at work which is very accurate. The aerostorm weighs 12.2 strung up with a bab dampener on it.

mileslong
09-24-2007, 08:22 AM
[QUOTE][i think it has to do with technique or strength problem for you because im 13 and use LM prestige mid and i think it moves just fine. whatd you use before pure storm tour?
QUOTE]
lol,im in my 40's and could probably toss you around like an old shirt, strength isnt the issue, all of my rackets end up being over 12 ounces, it just that i dont personally like swing weights over 340. i hope you play well with it and good luck!

pmata814
09-24-2007, 08:46 AM
I just switched to the Pure Storm Tour from the APD (non-cortex) and I love it. I haven't played with the Aero Storm so I can't comment on it. "Soggyramen" has a great review of the PS Tour here just search for "Pure Storm Tour" and it should come up.

My PS Tour weighs 11.75 oz strung and with a Wilson Overgrip on it. But I did take my digital scale with me to the shop and chose the lightest one. They varied by as much as 8 grams.

You do need to have full long swings in order to use this racquet as it is fairly low powered.

PED
09-24-2007, 09:01 AM
I guess it all boils down to preference. I prefer the Aero Storm to the Storm Tour, but as I mentioned earlier, that is likely down to stringing. My Tour demo had Bab Attraction at 60: a. I hate Attraction and b. I usually string poly or a hybrid around 56 or 57. I would love to have a go at a storm tour demo strung up with Big Ace at 55,preferrably an XL, so i think I'll wait a few months and pick up a used one. I'm surprised at the number of people who think the Aero storm lacks feel but I'm in the minority I guess and usually play with babolats so my version of feel is probably somewhat skewed :)

TennisandMusic
09-24-2007, 09:08 AM
I just switched to the Pure Storm Tour from the APD (non-cortex) and I love it. I haven't played with the Aero Storm so I can't comment on it. "Soggyramen" has a great review of the PS Tour here just search for "Pure Storm Tour" and it should come up.

My PS Tour weighs 11.75 oz strung and with a Wilson Overgrip on it. But I did take my digital scale with me to the shop and chose the lightest one. They varied by as much as 8 grams.

You do need to have full long swings in order to use this racquet as it is fairly low powered.

I think it's all subjective. To me the Pure Storm Tour feels like a light weight rocket launcher. I might do some customizing though...but right now I'm preferring the Aero Storm by far.

me is bored
09-24-2007, 02:07 PM
whats so good about the pure storm tour compared to the aero storm!!! i have all these opinions but nobody is comparing!!

TRiBaL
10-01-2007, 10:35 PM
true man i can't decide ether ahhh

tennis_nerd22
10-07-2007, 07:50 AM
how many pros have you ever seen using the aero pro control or the new aerostorm? none thats how many. there are a number of pros using the pure control and the new pure storm tour. tells you all you need to know...

are you serious? i thought you were an intelligent poster about rackets on these boards after seeing many of your threads... :confused:

have you heard of the term "PAINTJOB"?

TennisandMusic
10-07-2007, 10:51 PM
are you serious? i thought you were an intelligent poster about rackets on these boards after seeing many of your threads... :confused:

have you heard of the term "PAINTJOB"?

Yeah that is quite the odd statement. How many current pros use the NEW storm tour? Probably zero.

the Town Sherif
10-08-2007, 04:42 AM
they all use the old pure control, most of them in the extended versions