PDA

View Full Version : lead tape to RDS 002 non-tour

Zephyr8
09-22-2007, 06:51 PM
I just used the RDS 002 nontour version but felt very head heavy compared to my old racquet, rd-ti 70 long. The reason I got the nontour is because I always felt rd-ti 70 was a bit too heavy for me.

My question is where and how much should I add the lead tape? I would like to make the racquet feel:
-add stability
-much more head light

I know that you are supposed to add lead on the handle but non of the website tells you exactly where on the handle.

Please help me out. Thanks.

drak
09-22-2007, 07:34 PM
First, just replacing the lousy and incredibly light Yonx grip (Gamma Hi Tech for example) will add 6-8 grams to the handle, then I would add some tape near the butt and perhaps just above where you grip it if you really want the very HL feel. I think is needs some tape at 3&9 as well, but that is a very person specific thing.

sargeinaz
09-23-2007, 12:11 AM
To me the racket is already pretty headlight and easy to swing. If anything, id want to add a little more weight to the upper part of the stick. Speaking of adding weight, how much weight does a thin leather grip (like the thin TW grip) and yonex supergrap on top weigh? More than 3 or 3.5 oz? Thanks in advance. The racket is 11oz strung and I was thinking of adding a thin leather grip with supergrap on top(which im hoping is about 3 oz), then adding 3 grams of lead at the 10 o clock position and 3 grams of lead at the 2 o clock position to even it out, but still retain a headlight balance. Does that sound about right to you guys? Any advice would help. Thanks in advance.
________
Health shop (http://herbalhealthshop.com)

drak
09-23-2007, 08:33 AM
To me the racket is already pretty headlight and easy to swing. If anything, id want to add a little more weight to the upper part of the stick. Speaking of adding weight, how much weight does a thin leather grip (like the thin TW grip) and yonex supergrap on top weigh? More than 3 or 3.5 oz? Thanks in advance. The racket is 11oz strung and I was thinking of adding a thin leather grip with supergrap on top(which im hoping is about 3 oz), then adding 3 grams of lead at the 10 o clock position and 3 grams of lead at the 2 o clock position to even it out, but still retain a headlight balance. Does that sound about right to you guys? Any advice would help. Thanks in advance.

Sarge, just adding a Gamma Hi Tech by itself added almost 3/10 of an oz vs the original Yonex grip. Then if one adds about the same to the head the 6 pts HL stays the same and the racket now weight 11.5/11.6 oz and its a very easy mod.

I'd say a leather grip and overwrap would at least add 4/10 of an oz or so to the overall weight.

Zephyr8
09-23-2007, 09:37 AM
I will try it out today. Thanks for the advice!