PDA

View Full Version : Some comments on Pro-Staff Tour 90??

ksm
09-22-2007, 10:59 PM
I checked on a website and the specs of Pro-Staff Tour 90 were quite as per my requirement

Unstrung Weight : 315 gms
Swingweight: 315
Balance: 7 pts H/L
Stiffness: 69

Wonder if anyone has played with this Asian PS Tour 90 racquet?? All feedbacks are welcome.

Thanks.

ksm

ksm
09-23-2007, 10:46 PM
Anyone??

ksm

anirut
09-23-2007, 11:06 PM
Good control, good spin. I can't serve with it though (could be due to my ailing shoulder).

Too stiff for my taste, but I can play it nevertheless. I had two and sold one off. To me, the AK90 is much better in feel and I'd rather pick the AK90 over the A-PS Tour 90 anyday.

That's just me, of course.

Mr. Hokey
09-24-2007, 12:02 AM
*edit* sorry, just noticed that you were talking about the asian ps90. no wonder the stats seemed kinda off.

i was previously using a ps85 which i admit, i've seen my best forehands and serves from, but for whatever reason i could not hit the backhand i wanted to to save my life, mostly my fault i'm sure, but i just couldnt get that perfect feel (1hbh). therefore, i opted to give the ps90 a shot.

everything i hit with it was great, now the forehand and serve wasnt as amazing, but i'll take a variety of great shots over two excellent ones any day. i saw the greatest improvement from my backhand, which i now feel comfortable going on the offense with and occasionally going for that winner. i've heard complaints with its lack of maneuverability at net, but i seem to do just fine so its really up to the player.

i'm currently loving the racquet seeing as how i just found my golden set up as my sig says. i tried leading it up, but i believe the natural weight and balance is perfect for me.

i'm an all-courter that frequently serves and volleys so i really needed a racquet that i could serve well with and hit clean shots from anywhere, and this racquet fit the bill.

i'd definitely give the K90 a shot tho. there's a good chance that i'll be switching to it when i graduate this year. but for the time being, i'm sticking to my ps90s.

hope this helped.

ksm
09-24-2007, 11:40 PM
Thanks a lot.

ksm