PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Warehouse, A Brilliant Business Model...

Mickey Finn
09-22-2007, 11:49 PM
Who came up with the Tennis Warehouse business model? TW is the main player in internet tennis merchandise sales and if you Google many tennis related subjects, TW comes up first. I think the forum and the many links resulting from the forum have helped TW top Google (links and forums factor into search results more than with Yahoo) for tennis merchandise.

You have a great business for consumers and deserve your success. Was your business model a calculated endeavor, or the result of a fortunate confluence of circumstances?

Hobomagic
09-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Yea, definetely being at a reputable and trusted site is very important to me and i think thats where they clinch alot of customers. Also the classifieds thing seems strange to me, seems to be a big loss of buisness for them even if it isnt new gear.

federer envies me
09-23-2007, 03:06 PM
TW has done a great job on their business and on these boards

TW Staff
09-24-2007, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

There's an RSI (Racquet Sports Industry) article containing more info on the history of TW (the links been posted here before somewhere).

Chris, TW.

Sleepstream
09-24-2007, 11:08 AM
Even the TW forums come up as some of the first page results in Google.

I even love using the Wayback Machine to look at racquet information and reviews from years ago. Also pretty good at finding racquet specifications.

Which makes me wonder, why didn't TW just create a racquet information/review archive?