PDA

View Full Version : Keeping your Racquet in perfect condition

bieker
09-23-2007, 05:48 AM
So ya every few years my racquets begin to die on me but what i'd love to know is how you can make your racquets last longer

I'm thinking of buying either head flexpoint prestige or radical or the pog os

So how could you keep these kinds of racquets lasting as long as possible

vinnier6
09-23-2007, 06:02 AM
what do you mean they die out on you...my racquets usually last me long enough to want to try something different...like 10 years...

tennismaster888
09-23-2007, 08:55 AM
So ya every few years my racquets begin to die on me but what i'd love to know is how you can make your racquets last longer

I'm thinking of buying either head flexpoint prestige or radical or the pog os

So how could you keep these kinds of racquets lasting as long as possible

the fxp prestige grommets (just my opinion) get scrapped up and then destroyed pretty easily and then the paint wears off really easily where the bumper guard used to be...i dont think there is really any way to prevent this...its just meant to happen.

Tarboro
09-23-2007, 10:27 AM
You can use head tape to keep your headguard clean and scratch-free, but if you're talking about the frames feeling dead (I guess that's what you're talking about) I don't know what to tell you.

If you string often and really get after the ball, your racquets may break down in a year or less. It's just a function of the force imparted on the frame when you hit the ball and when you clamp it in the stringing machine. Any frame you choose will likely last about the same amount of time.

Automatix
09-23-2007, 10:37 AM
The "dead" feel of a racquet is due to material usage and microstructural damage and I'm afraid there's not much that can be done about that... you can protect your racquets from scratches, pj damage with head protection tape (I use it along the entire grommet strips), also it's better for the racquet not to string it to often and use lower tension... and that's basicaly all you can do...

Ohhh yeah... racquets with reallyyyy low flex are more likely to get smashed during play e.g. Wilson nBlade

StealthGnome
09-23-2007, 04:11 PM
The only way I can keep my racquets in perfect condition is if I don't play with them.