PDA

View Full Version : Ufc 76

Kobble
09-23-2007, 07:35 PM
I guess it is becoming debatable whether Pride F/C really did have the best fighters. Cro-cop is doing absolutely nothing, and looking drugged up in the ring. Now, Rua losing to Griffin. This is a bigger shocker than Rampage knocking out Chuck(who lost, AGAIN, this time). Maybe, there is just so much pressure to man-handle the UFC guys that they are choking-like people choke against pushers? Henderson losing to Rampage was possible, and he didn't get blown out. I also think that Henderson likes Rampage too much to really go after him, and the other way around. It really was like two Pride guys, anyway. When it is all said and done, though, Pride guys are like 3 wins and 3(loses assuming Jackson is considered a Pride guy and so is Henderson). Not the record I was expecting.

stoffer
09-23-2007, 10:52 PM
Well Henderson looked good even though he lost. Cro Cop doesnt really care about his record at this point hes just collecting a paycheck. Rua's loss I attribute to barely training for Forrest mush like GSP did with Serra. I think he'll be back stronger next time, but the LHW div is so messed up right now.

http://i9.tinypic.com/4xojspk.gif

Houston: The new number 1 contender.
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z22/KillerRob_photo/6hggil2.gif

Hot Sauce
09-23-2007, 11:53 PM
I don't think much has changed regarding Pride having the best fighters, they still do. Much credit needs to be given to Griffin for doing a great job of controlling Shogun's wrists on the ground, and fighting well. I was really surprised that Rua lost, I thought he'd destroy Forrest. I can't wait till Fedor fights in the cage, if he does, but I think even Nogueira might be able to take Couture.

Kobble
09-24-2007, 10:27 AM
On another site, someone was talking about how this is the last time they hype up a fight to their friends. Since, it results in them helplessly watching the guy they hype get destroyed. People also seemed to have bet huge money on Rua. That stuff makes you wonder about fixed fights. I wouldn't be surprised to see fighters set up matches. It is the way to make money for guys who don't pull in big endorsements, and want a piece of the pie.