PDA

View Full Version : Volkl Classic 7 Pro (red, yellow) bumpers? Anyone know where I can find some?

Chauvalito
09-23-2007, 08:16 PM
I was a bit sad to see NBMJ go, because I wanted to ask him this question.

Does anyone know where I can get new bumbers for this racket?

or

Is there a current volkl whose bumper would fit this racket?

Specs:

20 mm beam
18x20

Chauvalito
09-25-2007, 03:10 PM
Bump......

robkat
09-25-2007, 03:46 PM
I remember seeing a couple of these frames in a pro shop a few years ago and noticed they had newer B/G sets installed. The B/G sets were Volkl and looked like the B/G sets that are installed on the Volkl frames they were selling at the time. So I'm sure there is hope in finding one to fit your frame.

09-26-2007, 12:41 PM
I have a C7 Pro for sale in the classfieds

diehard6.0
09-26-2007, 07:21 PM
Try the DNX 10 MP bumper. That will be closest to C7 Pro.
The position of holes and spacing intervals are same on the bumper area except last two holes.

Chauvalito
09-28-2007, 09:00 PM
The position of holes and spacing intervals are same on the bumper area except last two holes.

Thanks diehard, I will contact Volkl to double check, and then I will give it a shot.

Chauvalito
12-02-2007, 02:38 PM
Hello all,

I found a place carrying grommets for the following rackets

Comp 8 pro (yellow)
Comp 8 Pro (black).

I called the place to see if either of those was an 18x20, but they could not tell you.

I am pretty well versed in Volkl history and cannot remember seeing rackets called the comp 8 pro.

does anyone think they are mistaking the grommets for the Volkl "classis 8 pro"

If they are, i know the head guard and throat piece will fit the volkl c7. The rackets were identical other than weight and the addition of bored out grommets on the classic 8.

NoBadMojo
12-02-2007, 02:45 PM
The white and black c8 Pro had 18 mains. It also had big grommets. not as big as the big ones in the V1's.

Chauvalito
12-02-2007, 03:03 PM
The white and black c8 Pro had 18 mains. It also had big grommets. not as big as the big ones in the V1's.

i have looked at it at the web archive, and it is quite similar to the C7

I just dont know why the particular site has a listing for a Comp 8 pro for two different colors...i have looked and have not seen a comp 8 pro anywhere.

As you said, it was white and black...so i dont know which racket they are talking about.

Chauvalito
12-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Mojo,

I came across some posting from another thread concerning the tour 10, or quantum 10 tour.

Whatever it is called, it had an 18x20 as well with a 20 mm beam, 98 sq. inch etc.

Do you think it is worth a shot to try these grommets as well. It would be awesome to have RAP grommets on my C7's that are coming in.

Thanks

p.s. I found a store that still carries the grommets for both versions.

ericsson
12-19-2007, 12:27 AM
Mojo,

I came across some posting from another thread concerning the tour 10, or quantum 10 tour.

Whatever it is called, it had an 18x20 as well with a 20 mm beam, 98 sq. inch etc.

Do you think it is worth a shot to try these grommets as well. It would be awesome to have RAP grommets on my C7's that are coming in.

Thanks

p.s. I found a store that still carries the grommets for both versions.

It's the Quantum 10 tour, it wont fit cos it's a different mold.

Chauvalito
01-06-2008, 11:01 AM
It's the Quantum 10 tour, it wont fit cos it's a different mold.

Thanks,

I was hoping to have the wraparound grommets prestige style...oh well. I am going to go with the DNX 10 MP bumper, that should solve the problem according to Diehard 6.0

Chauvalito
01-06-2008, 11:04 AM

Diehard,
When you say bumper, do you mean just the top headguard, or all the grommets for the entire frame.

i just want to make sure, because I carelessly threw away the whole set except the throat section thinking that I would be able to find new ones easily.

And, as you said, the last two holes did not fit well, what was your solution for the problem.

Thanks

Chauvalito
09-21-2008, 09:10 PM
I received DNX 10 grommets from TW and attempted to put them on my oldest C7. The only sections which do fit are at 3 and o 0'clock.

Otherwise, modifications are necessary due to differences in spacing between the grommet holes. The main bumper guard will likely require modification which will lead to the use of tubing in order to string the racket.

This situation is not ideal so I will continue to search for alternative grommets that will fit with minimal modification.

I know this racket is not widely used, and I may have been the last person to recently acquire a new pair of sticks, but I am open to suggestions.

I have a few leads for other grommets and will see what I can find that may work.

richie65
09-21-2008, 09:35 PM
Check out this: http://cgi.****.ca/VOLKL-C7-PRO-tennis-racquet-bumper-guard-grommets-set_W0QQitemZ120298799673QQihZ002QQcategoryZ2917QQ rdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Chauvalito
09-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Check out this: http://cgi.****.ca/VOLKL-C7-PRO-tennis-racquet-bumper-guard-grommets-set_W0QQitemZ120298799673QQihZ002QQcategoryZ2917QQ rdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Aha, thanks for the link, I will check those out.

I think those grommets may be for the black version of the C7...I have one, but i prefer the red C7, of which I have 3.

They have different molds, but I dont know about the string patterns.

meowmix
09-22-2008, 06:23 AM
Wait, NBMJ no longer frequents these boards? Since when and why?