PDA

View Full Version : RDS002 "Light" Update

drak
09-24-2007, 08:25 AM
REVIEW: RDS002 Non Tour, 11.0 oz and 6 pts HL, Gut Hybrid with Legend Mains at 55 lbs and Gosen OG crosses at 53.

First, I did hit for an hour and play 1 singles set with the frame at stock specs: Here's a review

Power: 5.5 out of 10, with its great topspin potential you can pretty much swing out and it will go in, hits prety solid "flat ball" as well. However, if mishit a bit or with a weaker swing the ball often goes short.

Control: 8.5 out of 10, excellent control frame, this really is much more a lightweight "players" frame

Topspin: 9.5 out of 10, Topspin on demand, incredibly easy to generate, but I will say at "stock" weight it is more a "spinny" vs heavier ball

Slice: 5.5 out of 10, a bit above average on stock frame

Serve: 7.5 out of 10, good pace and spin for an 11oz frame, one of the better 11 0z area frames I have served with (better than Babs Pure Storm)old model) for me

Returns: Solid (7.0), but can be pushed around some by a heavy/hard serve

Volley: 9.0 out of 10, simply an excellent volleying frame

Groundies: Solid (7.5) on groundies and topspin is very easy to apply, a bit light/unstable if playing against bigger hitters on a regular basis.

Comfort: Very good (8.0), more that Babs. Certain frames give me shoulder probs from serve and it is apparent for me right away, this one felt great.

FEEL: Nicest feel (8.5) from a Yonex ever for me, very solid feeling hit. Flex feels perfect.

Miscellaneous: I was surprised how fast this frame moves thru the air, reminded me of the Babs Aero series, was great for my 1hBH, had to adjust FH as I was too early in the initial hitting.

Overall: Excellent all court racket with I think more of a serve and volley flavor. Definitely better than the Babs Pure Storm at S&V, I give the stock Storm the baseline edge (stock), not a huge edge but an edge.

Very good frame "as is", I am a 4.5 and often play guys who hit hard and heavy balls, for me I need more mass/weight.

MODIFIED REVIEW

Okay, now that I have provided the "stock" RDS002 update to avoid getting hammered, I'll now go to the "modified" frame. I said previously that just replacting Yonex grip with a Gamma Hi Tech added almost 3/10 oz, so I basically offset that with tape at 3&9 and a little at the tip. Same 6 pts HL balance and now 325 grams - 11.5 oz.

Bottom line is that everything is enhanced by doing this and that for me there is NO downside - the frame still feels "light", especially as compared to the exact same mods I have done to my Babs, I am "surprised" how much lighter and especially "easier/faster swinging" the RDS feels vs the Modded Babs - must be where the weight is on the frame.

Serve goes to a 9 for me, spin and pace and accuracy. Return of serve goes to an 8, stability greatly improved and groundies go to an 8.5. Power increases modestly with same control. A "heavier ball/spin" is now hit. Do note that the Babs at same modded weight still hits a heavier ball for me, but the RDS's ball is very much improved and a lot more solid.

I think the modded RDS is improved at serve and volley and at groundstrokes as well. The Babs Storm is better at groundies modified and still for me is a better groundstroke racket by a "small margin". But the serve and volley is a lot better for me with the RDS and given that it still has very good groundies -- at "this time" I prefer it.

Most improved shots for me with this frame
1. Serve
2. Backhand (really nice for 1HBH)
3. Volley

Most difficult stroke adjustment : easily the Forehand as I have a wristy SW shot and this frame comes through so fast I was early a lot, once a started "delaying" my timing it was getting better - with time I see no problem with this.

Wrap up: Good frame in stock, better IMO modded (for me) and it is very easy to do. I will spend more time with this frame and because it still feels light at 11.5, I may experiment further and perhaps add more weight.

I'll play some singles and dubs this week and see if there are any changes.

TripleB
09-24-2007, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the update....I'm still waiting for my playtest review for the 002 Light, MG Radical MP, and Wilson K6-1 Team to be posted....sent it in the second week in July. Here are the numbers I gave the 002 Light:

Racquet Name: Yonex RDS 002
Power 78
Control 83
Maneuverability 89
Stability 84
Comfort 83
Touch/Feel 86
Groundstrokes 83
Volleys 93
Serves and Overheads 84
Serve Returns 83
Slice 84
Topspin 86
Overall 87

I thought it was one of the best racquets I've ever playtested....especially since I wasn't expecting much because of the light weight.

TripleB

drak
09-24-2007, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the update....I'm still waiting for my playtest review for the 002 Light, MG Radical MP, and Wilson K6-1 Team to be posted....sent it in the second week in July. Here are the numbers I gave the 002 Light:

Racquet Name: Yonex RDS 002
Power 78
Control 83
Maneuverability 89
Stability 84
Comfort 83
Touch/Feel 86
Groundstrokes 83
Volleys 93
Serves and Overheads 84
Serve Returns 83
Slice 84
Topspin 86
Overall 87

I thought it was one of the best racquets I've ever playtested....especially since I wasn't expecting much because of the light weight.

TripleB

Agree, one of the best stock 11 oz area frames I've hit with, and with modest and easy mods plays even better IMO. Basically just changing grips from the piece of crap stock Yonex will add at least 2/10 oz.

backcourt
09-24-2007, 10:54 AM
Nice review drak, thanks. I'm currently on the dl with shoulder impingement problems (luckily no tear, just got the MRI results this morning) and am curious whether there is any way you can compare the shoulder friendliness of this racquet to your old, and my current racquet, the Cat 8 VE. I know this is out of left field, but one of the reasons I am drawn to the 002 is that for years I played with its 2 models ago predecessor, the Yonex mp 3i, which really seemed to control my shoulder issues; so I sense a new Yonex with similar stats may be helpful. I'm also pleased to hear how well the 002 serves, as I think we both had a power problem with the Cat 8 on serves.

Backcourt

drak
09-24-2007, 11:09 AM
Nice review drak, thanks. I'm currently on the dl with shoulder impingement problems (luckily no tear, just got the MRI results this morning) and am curious whether there is any way you can compare the shoulder friendliness of this racquet to your old, and my current racquet, the Cat 8 VE. I know this is out of left field, but one of the reasons I am drawn to the 002 is that for years I played with its 2 models ago predecessor, the Yonex mp 3i, which really seemed to control my shoulder issues; so I sense a new Yonex with similar stats may be helpful. I'm also pleased to hear how well the 002 serves, as I think we both had a power problem with the Cat 8 on serves.

Backcourt

Hey backcourt, glad to hear there's no tear in the shoulder. I did have some shoulder issues with both the Cat (weighted up modestly) and as well the old V1 Classic I used the previous year. So far in limited use the Yonex seems shoulder friendly, I'll keep you posted. A far superior serving frame for me than either the Cat V8 or V1 Classic.

sargeinaz
09-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Its good to read that the racket gets even better with lead. Now im down to my final demo, the RDS002 vs the Aerogel 300. By the end of this week, I will buy one of these sticks. So far the RDS002 has been my favorite stick from like 8 rackets ive demoed. I agree that it is just a great overall racket. Well see if I end up preferring the AG300.
________
Bacardia (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/Bacardia/)

Rabbit
09-24-2007, 03:12 PM
Great review, Drak. I think the Tour version may be perfect...I'll know for sure when I get it from TW. BTW, I'm fixing to install a set of Classic 17 in the mains and Xtreme in the crosses......54/51

drak
09-24-2007, 03:19 PM
Great review, Drak. I think the Tour version may be perfect...I'll know for sure when I get it from TW. BTW, I'm fixing to install a set of Classic 17 in the mains and Xtreme in the crosses......54/51

Yeah, I was thinkin you probably would like the 12 oz stick, if it has close to the same feel and characteristics as the "light" you may like it a lot.

drak
09-24-2007, 03:23 PM
Its good to read that the racket gets even better with lead. Now im down to my final demo, the RDS002 vs the Aerogel 300. By the end of this week, I will buy one of these sticks. So far the RDS002 has been my favorite stick from like 8 rackets ive demoed. I agree that it is just a great overall racket. Well see if I end up preferring the AG300.

Sarge, I find that adding too much weight often just changes the playing characteristics too much, so I try to find something for me at least 11 oz that's easy to weigh up 1/2 oz or so. Heck, just changing to a normal grip will add almost 3/10 of an oz - the Yonex grip is that "cheesy and light". So you only gotta add a modest amount to the head and your at 11.5/11.6 oz and IMO lose very little if anything from the orignial feel, and gain a good bit with the added stability via modest weight gain.

TripleB
09-24-2007, 03:47 PM
Yeah, I was thinkin you probably would like the 12 oz stick, if it has close to the same feel and characteristics as the "light" you may like it a lot.

Looking at what racquet(s) Rabbit is used to playing with I think you're right that he will love the Tour version.

For me though, it just wasn't as much "fun" to play with the Tour version of the 002 as with the Light. With the exception of a slightly more stable feel (especially at the tip of the frame) I didn't think that the Tour version offered me anything I didn't get out of the Light version. I'll trade that slightly more stable feel of the Tour for the quickness that I get with the Light version (especially at net where I'm horrible).

TripleB

Django
09-24-2007, 04:12 PM
Man, this stick is intriguing! I'm a longtime and loyal Volkl guy. But the Volkl racquet that fits this 11-ounce slot is the very stiff DNX 8. Not for me!

If someone has compared this against the similar-spec RDS 003, I'd love to see those comments. (I have hit w/ the Head MG Radical, and it's so flexible, it's almost "flabby" feeling.)

sargeinaz
09-24-2007, 04:22 PM
Sarge, I find that adding too much weight often just changes the playing characteristics too much, so I try to find something for me at least 11 oz that's easy to weigh up 1/2 oz or so. Heck, just changing to a normal grip will add almost 3/10 of an oz - the Yonex grip is that "cheesy and light". So you only gotta add a modest amount to the head and your at 11.5/11.6 oz and IMO lose very little if anything from the orignial feel, and gain a good bit with the added stability via modest weight gain.

Well I actually plan to not add any lead until I feel i can handle more weight because I demoed the RDS001 MP and at 11.7 oz strung, it was too heavy for me to use for long periods of time and also because I like how the stick plays stock for now. So 11-11.2 oz is good for me. I was just saying that its good to know I can use this stick for a long time and grow with it by adding lead later on, since it takes to a little lead well according to your review. Thanks.
________
Bacardia (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/Bacardia/)

drak
09-24-2007, 04:32 PM
Man, this stick is intriguing! I'm a longtime and loyal Volkl guy. But the Volkl racquet that fits this 11-ounce slot is the very stiff DNX 8. Not for me!

If someone has compared this against the similar-spec RDS 003, I'd love to see those comments. (I have hit w/ the Head MG Radical, and it's so flexible, it's almost "flabby" feeling.)

LOL Django! Well I hate to admit it but I have owned and played with the DNX8, Cat8VE, Volkl V1 Classsic AND RDS003 - I think I gotta problem! Funny thing is out of that bunch the LEAST favorite for me was the RDS003 - just did not like it that much (too many compromises for me) and it is night and day different from the 002. The 002 (light) is a very good all around racket that does everything well, with IMO its strength being S&V - it does both really well. Its probably closest to the CAT8 (not in "feel" though) with somewhat more power and a MUCH better serve.

Django
09-24-2007, 04:43 PM
Drak -- I hit the DNX 9 for a while, and loved it (my wife loved it more and swiped 'em) so I moved 'down' to the stiffer DNX 7 and lead-taped it up a bit. Love it too, but the stiffness is causing a bit of discomfort I'm not used to. (Suppose I could've lead-taped up a Cat8VE as so many Volkl-sters love it.)

My dream spec -- 11-ish ounces, mid-60s stiffness, 310-315 swingweight, open pattern.

drak
09-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Drak -- I hit the DNX 9 for a while, and loved it (my wife loved it more and swiped 'em) so I moved 'down' to the stiffer DNX 7 and lead-taped it up a bit. Love it too, but the stiffness is causing a bit of discomfort I'm not used to. (Suppose I could've lead-taped up a Cat8VE as so many Volkl-sters love it.)

My dream spec -- 11-ish ounces, mid-60s stiffness, 310-315 swingweight, open pattern.

It is very comfortable and I have a very sensitive shoulder. The specs seem right up your alley. The DNX 8 had a bit too much pop and stiffness for me, too little "feel". The 002 seems to hit those spots about right.

Stan
09-24-2007, 07:21 PM
Drak,

Can you give a bit more detail in comparing the 002 and the 003? What do you see as the strengths of the 002 over the 003? Also can you comment on the power level. I have hit with the 003 and find it powerful. How does the power compare on these two frames?

sargeinaz
09-24-2007, 08:00 PM
Drak,

Can you give a bit more detail in comparing the 002 and the 003? What do you see as the strengths of the 002 over the 003? Also can you comment on the power level. I have hit with the 003 and find it powerful. How does the power compare on these two frames?

The 002 is definitely not as powerful as the 003. The 003 is not a super low powered racket, it has some pop, but not like the 003.
________
Bmw F650 Single History (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_F650_single)

drak
09-25-2007, 05:47 AM
Drak,

Its been a while since I played with the 003, it had too much power for me and hence lack of control. It served very well and I could hit hard, but for me it limited me to that style of play, when I tried (or was forced to) to play with more control and be defensive/consistent - I struggled. The 002 allows me to play different styles better and and be more flexible, while still serving and volleying very well. If you "need" the power from the 003, its possible the 002 could be underpowered for you, its just about right for me.
Another way to look at it is that the 002 seems more of a "light players frame", while the 003 is "designed as a tweener". Hope that helped

drak
09-25-2007, 05:48 AM
The 002 is definitely not as powerful as the 003. The 003 is not a super low powered racket, it has some pop, but not like the 003.

Exactly, I am in total agreement with Sarge.

Drak

sargeinaz
09-25-2007, 12:00 PM
Exactly, I am in total agreement with Sarge.

Drak

I just looked at my quote and I meant to say "The 002 is not a super low powered racket, it has some pop, but not like the 003."
________
LovelyWendie99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

bagung
09-25-2007, 02:00 PM
have tried a few racquets at arround 11 oz strung, such as m-fil 300, apd cortex,dnx 10 mp 295g, dnx-8, dnx-9, always found "hollow feel" in it compare to my usual dnx-10 mid.
is the rds 002 "light" feel the same way too? or it has the "plow through" of 12 oz racquets...?
since demo is unavailable option in my country....

martin
09-25-2007, 03:00 PM
Lack of weight gives it that hollow feel. I had the same thing with my m-fil300 and all my other rackets in that weight class. Whatever kind of material they might invent they won't be able to solve that problem.
The hollow feel of my m-fil300 was fixed with some lead tape. It will never have the "plow through" of a pro staff classic but that racket is just too heavy for me.

bagung
09-25-2007, 03:27 PM
thanks, martin...
maybe i am expecting too much from 11oz+ racquets to perform like 12 oz+ ......

drak
09-25-2007, 05:43 PM
have tried a few racquets at arround 11 oz strung, such as m-fil 300, apd cortex,dnx 10 mp 295g, dnx-8, dnx-9, always found "hollow feel" in it compare to my usual dnx-10 mid.
is the rds 002 "light" feel the same way too? or it has the "plow through" of 12 oz racquets...?
since demo is unavailable option in my country....

No 11oz frame that is 4-6 pts HL is going to have the "plow thru"
of a 12oz or heavier frame, unless perhaps if it was even balance or even a bit HH. However. as I have said the racket is easily modified to 11.5 oz and play nicely at that weight.

Nastase
09-25-2007, 06:42 PM
question...do these also come in UL and SL based on grip size...as the Tour versions do?

martin
09-26-2007, 10:16 AM
How does the rds002 compare vs the pure storm in terms of power? I hit pretty flat and the pure storm felt too powerful that's why i ask. Now i'm playing a modified m-fil300 and i'm considering a switch but i'm not sure if that's an improvement over my m-fil. I hear such good things about the rds002.

drak
09-26-2007, 10:19 AM
Since I have both rackets I can say its pretty close power wise. I give a slight edge to the Storm in power. For me the 002 serves and volleys better while the Storm gets the groundstroke edge, 002 is more "naturally spinny" IMO.

TheRasha
09-26-2007, 12:03 PM
Can some compare 002 light to 03 white? I know tripleB made reviews separatly for both, and both have good score. But if you have to choose one, for baseline play, which would you pick?

tkoets
09-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Has anyone hit with both and is able to offer any comparisons?

TravelinMan
09-26-2007, 08:10 PM
When tested the RDS 002 I thoguht it was great until I got to the net. For me, on any volley not in the sweet spot, I got a lot of vibration through my wrist and forearm. I had my son try it (13yo junior player) and he had the same feeling. I mean it was to the point of being painful on an off center shot. Anyone else feel this.

drak
09-27-2007, 05:31 AM
When tested the RDS 002 I thoguht it was great until I got to the net. For me, on any volley not in the sweet spot, I got a lot of vibration through my wrist and forearm. I had my son try it (13yo junior player) and he had the same feeling. I mean it was to the point of being painful on an off center shot. Anyone else feel this.

Not at all, I thought one of its best attributes was volleying both in stock form and weighted to 11.5 oz. It is even more solid at 11.5 oz. volleys great for me.

drak
09-28-2007, 03:46 PM
Update: Played twice this week, singles and a lot of hotting/drilling. My thoughts on the RDS002 (light) remain very positive and little changed, a very solid all court performer that has sevre and volley as its strengths IMO.

I initially had trouble with my forehand coming through to fast, am making the adjustment easily so far. At my modified 11.6 oz and 6 pts HL weight the frame feels lighter, more like an 11.1/11.2 oz frame.

I have not played dubs with it yet, but I would imagine it would shine there since it serves and volleys so well, and returns are solid.

Am finding it very easy to apply topspin when needed.

So far "honeymoon" remains in force.

Drak

VS_Power
09-28-2007, 11:02 PM
I use the RDS 002 (light) as my main racket

very very solid and FORGIVING groundstrokes on this thing. spin is very nice, shots that I expect to sail long manage to stay in. probably because i can get more racket speed compared with the players rackets i used to use. accuracy is nice too but honestly i believe accuracy depends more on form than on your racket. the forgiving and spin friendly nature give me the confidence to hit out on most shots, however the downside with this racket is that you will have to hit out to generate any pace at all. very very weak racket. weaker than the players rackets i owned (i.prestige, pog, classic mid) with the exception of the dunlop mw 200g. thus, you will have to be aggressive to succeed in your groundies. my slice is junk with this racket but my slice was never my strong shot. i believe the square head helps tremendously on forgiveness

returns are tough, you are wielding a light racket. hope you have solid form.

volleys are also harder than with the usual players racket. you don't have the extra weight to stabilize your racket. touch shots do come easier though do to this. the racket, however is fast in the air. volleys will be good to you if you are true to form. dont expect this racket to improve your volleying though

serves! when i bought this racket i heard that slice and kick came easy with this racket but flat serves lost pace. i disagree. slice and kick are sweet. light weight racket with an open pattern and you have sliding slices and biting kicks. this racket, along with the POG LB, shoot the best kickers (my favorite serve). flat serves are also strong with this racket! i hit some of my fastest serves with this racket, and combined with its forgiveness, i am serving the best ive ever served. i believe people think flat serves are bad with this racket because they did not give ample time to adjust. perhaps they are not used to using a lightweight racket on the serve. after using the 002 i could not serve at all with my old i.prestige. all the little intricacies make a big difference in a flat serve. you have to be absolutely comfortable with your racket to light up lasers. excellent serving racket. best kicker, but the best flat serving racket goes to the mw 200g. still a strong contender

anyway thats my review of the racket. along with the iprestige and the 200g it is among the best rackets i've used and i've used em all. stay aggressive with this racket and it will serve you well

all court counterpuncher

VS_Power
09-28-2007, 11:05 PM

very very solid and FORGIVING groundstrokes on this thing. spin is very nice, shots that I expect to sail long manage to stay in. probably because i can get more racket speed compared with the players rackets i used to use. accuracy is nice too but honestly i believe accuracy depends more on form than on your racket. the forgiving and spin friendly nature give me the confidence to hit out on most shots, however the downside with this racket is that you will have to hit out to generate any pace at all. very very weak racket. weaker than the players rackets i owned (i.prestige, pog, classic mid) with the exception of the dunlop mw 200g. thus, you will have to be aggressive to succeed in your groundies. my slice is junk with this racket but my slice was never my strong shot. i believe the square head helps tremendously on forgiveness

volleys are also harder than with the usual players racket. you don't have the extra weight to stabilize your racket. touch shots do come easier though do to this. the racket, however is fast in the air. volleys will be good to you if you are true to form. dont expect this racket to improve your volleying though

serves! when i bought this racket i heard that slice and kick came easy with this racket but flat serves lost pace. i disagree. slice and kick are sweet. light weight racket with an open pattern and you have sliding slices and biting kicks. this racket, along with the POG LB, shoot the best kickers (my favorite serve). flat serves are also strong with this racket! i hit some of my fastest serves with this racket, and combined with its forgiveness, i am serving the best ive ever served. i believe people think flat serves are bad with this racket because they did not give ample time to adjust. perhaps they are not used to using a lightweight racket on the serve. after using the 002 i could not serve at all with my old i.prestige. all the little intricacies make a big difference in a flat serve. you have to be absolutely comfortable with your racket to light up lasers. excellent serving racket. best kicker, but the best flat serving racket goes to the mw 200g. still a strong contender

anyway thats my review of the racket. along with the iprestige and the 200g it is among the best rackets i've used and i've used em all. stay aggressive with this racket and it will serve you well

all court counterpuncher

edit: i should add that this racket is giving me the elbow (i rarely get the elbow).

edit: this racket is sexy japanese engineering pure as a naked virgin. looks great

drak
09-29-2007, 07:16 AM

all court counterpuncher

Nice review, I basically agree with you on the power issue, especially on the stock frame. But I like a racket that that serves well (volleys very well for me) and I can really swing out with from the baseline - fits my stokes as this is a perfect power level for me.

On think you might want to try as I have detailed earlier in this thread - add some weight - that really helps with the stability and also with the power issue as the racket at 11.5 oz still swings "light". Just replacing the grip for me added almost 3/10 oz. I offset that on the head (2/3 at 3&9, 1/3 weight at the tip). I think the racket does everything better with that extra 1/2 oz and no downside.

Ome more thing on the power and perhaps "elbow" issue you are having. I am using Legend gut in the mains with a Gosen cross, the gut supplies added controllable power basis most strings with great comfort - a very nice fit in this frame.

VS_Power
09-29-2007, 01:03 PM
yea drak i think tape will help this racket a bunch. in some ways i believe the lightness does the racket much good but in other ways it is its greatest downfall. i will be experimenting with the tape over the next few months. i thought about just getting the tour version but i'd rather buy light and have the option to build up. it seems like the tour version and the light are only similar in color though.

mmmmm gut... yummy.. gut would solve all my problems... i bet it would cure my insomnia too.... gotta stick to the cheap stuff for now til i get a job ha!

lead tape and gut for sure will make the racket easier on the elbow. for now i just gotta take a day off

Bagdatis toy hippo
09-29-2007, 01:19 PM
Wow! I currently use the RDS 002 and I didn't realize how well it was until i read this, thanks!

Bagdatis toy hippo
09-29-2007, 01:25 PM

Well i have to agree, but being that im not a volley player it doesn't matter to me. It seems when I'm at the net I have to be perfect with the volleys or else they dont work. But what I find the best about this raquet is the serve and backhand.

drak
09-29-2007, 01:49 PM
Well i have to agree, but being that im not a volley player it doesn't matter to me. It seems when I'm at the net I have to be perfect with the volleys or else they dont work. But what I find the best about this raquet is the serve and backhand.

I thought it volleyed well in stock form, however weighted to 11.5 oz as I have described it volleys very well and solid.

Bagdatis toy hippo
09-29-2007, 07:50 PM
I thought it volleyed well in stock form, however weighted to 11.5 oz as I have described it volleys very well and solid.

It is a solid raquet, but in my opinion solid/stiffness is not good for the net. It's best to have something that will bounce off your string with good placement.

therogerfan
10-07-2007, 03:44 AM
Update: Played twice this week, singles and a lot of hotting/drilling. My thoughts on the RDS002 (light) remain very positive and little changed, a very solid all court performer that has sevre and volley as its strengths IMO.

I initially had trouble with my forehand coming through to fast, am making the adjustment easily so far. At my modified 11.6 oz and 6 pts HL weight the frame feels lighter, more like an 11.1/11.2 oz frame.

I have not played dubs with it yet, but I would imagine it would shine there since it serves and volleys so well, and returns are solid.

Am finding it very easy to apply topspin when needed.

So far "honeymoon" remains in force.

DrakDrak, how much lead have you added exactly ?

drak
10-07-2007, 06:25 AM
Not that much, remember just changing from the Yonex grip added almost 3/10 oz, so I added the same on the head (using lead - about 6-7 grams), mostly at 3 and 9. I continue to like this frame at 11.5 oz and 6 pts HL with a guy hybrid.

therogerfan
10-07-2007, 06:54 AM
Not that much, remember just changing from the Yonex grip added almost 3/10 oz, so I added the same on the head (using lead - about 6-7 grams), mostly at 3 and 9. I continue to like this frame at 11.5 oz and 6 pts HL with a guy hybrid.thanks (10 char )