PDA

View Full Version : new to board. cant find the right racquet, need some assistance

djillusion
09-24-2007, 09:03 AM
hey guys & gals -- been playing tennis for over 15 years. not sure about my player level, etc but i do play alot (so not fresh to the sport by any means).

i have been using a dunlop revelation for the past 8-10 yrs. now i know dunlop really doesnt have a stick like this per say any more in their arsenal, but im trying to attempt to find a replacement. why? well, really i have no reason to at all. its just been a long time since i have seen where racquet technology has gone, so while i dont really need to buy anything, trying to see if anything would actually help my game.

some aspects of my game:
**semi-western grip on the forehand with LOTS of top spin
**2 handed backhand with top spin and im using my 1 handed slice backhand alot too
**pretty decent to fast 1st serve. usually flat however spin it when needed
**major american twist for the 2nd serve
**i swing pretty hard on my forehand with an open stance
**i do enjoy playing the net as much as i can

the key to my continued use of the dunlop revelation is the fact its 95 sq in (dont ever want a stick more than 100) and it has GREAT power. its a wider frame and i usually just stick with top spin syn string (as i tend to break strings alot too).

i have demo'ed these racquets recently, but just havent found the power im looking for with any of them:

babolat aeropro drive with cortex:
**nice stick but not enough power.
**no vibration at all, kinda stiff but not too badd

babolat pure drive roddick racquet with cortex:
**i dont think the demo strings were anything higher than 52
**very hard for me to keep the ball in the baseline
**decent to good power, but again not sure if the strings were where i would have em if it was mine

volki DNX:
**way toooo stiff, offered nothing worthwhile to my game

head microgel extreme & head microgel radical:
**great control on my groundstrokes and serve - but again no major power
**these racquets weighed alot (or so if felt like it). after the 1st set i really didnt want to serve with it anymore. required me to put alot of body motion into serving well. not sure why...

yonex RDS 001:
**light weight and felt good. i was able to swing really fast, but it has ZERO power.
**good control, but really didnt help my game

so as you can see i have demo'ed an assortment of sticks. i want something that is midplus with good to great power, but also offers some decent to good control. dunno if im asking for too much or not? regardless, i dont want to spend upwards of $150 for a new stick and never play with it.

thanks in advance for any advice.

Klatu Verata Necktie
09-24-2007, 09:43 AM
I'd suggest the Wilson K95 Team. My friend just switched from the heavier K95 to the K95 Team, and is having tremendous success with it. He's hitting the ball harder than ever with more consistency than he has ever had.

Seifersquall1
10-14-2007, 10:18 AM
Use the K90 ;)

Zets147
10-14-2007, 10:21 AM
hey guys & gals -- been playing tennis for over 15 years. not sure about my player level, etc but i do play alot (so not fresh to the sport by any means).

i have been using a dunlop revelation for the past 8-10 yrs. now i know dunlop really doesnt have a stick like this per say any more in their arsenal, but im trying to attempt to find a replacement. why? well, really i have no reason to at all. its just been a long time since i have seen where racquet technology has gone, so while i dont really need to buy anything, trying to see if anything would actually help my game.

I'd just demo more midplus racquets that you might find interesting. Just do a search for a range of specs and you'll find plenty of racquets to demo.