PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know about Abercrombie & Fitch racquets?

schu47
09-24-2007, 11:21 AM
I recently picked up an Abercrombie & Fitch racquet, but can't find any others anywhere or any history. It is a Rod Laver Ltd. model, but the racquet has no other info on it. It's from the '80s, almost matches the Wilson prostaff 6.0 85 in size and look, but appears to be ceramic or some similar composite. I do know that A&F went Chapter 11 in the late '70s and the label was bought by Oshman's sporting goods, but that's about it. It is a very cool racquet, and it has an Abercrombie-labeled leather grip and a full Abercrombie bag. Anyone else have one or know where I can find out more about it?

IanRichardson
09-24-2007, 11:58 AM
that is pretty interesting, you should take some pictures and maybe someone can help you out. I am pretty sure A&F used to make fly fishing rods; however, i didnt know they made tennis racquets.

edit: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/02/nyregion/02monroe.html?ex=1341028800&en=b6d7efd5d5c8f5d3&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

read about that guy he apparently invented some kind of metal tennis racquet that A&F used in some of there ads... perhaps it could be one of those?