PDA

View Full Version : difference between Flexpoint prestige and FXP Prestige Team

hyogen
09-24-2007, 01:59 PM
i've tried the FXP prestige team and loved it.

felt a lot like the i.prestige which i loved. So, what's the difference? what do you like better?

Thanks

lilxjohnyy
09-24-2007, 03:34 PM
can u handle weight of heavier rackets. ...and they arent exactly the same...

hyogen
09-24-2007, 10:08 PM
so which one is heavier? it's a noticeable difference?

I'm surprised to find out that the i.prestige was probably the stiffest out of the prestiges...

inferno303
09-25-2007, 12:31 AM
^ well let's put it this way, 'team' means its comparatively sissy about 30+g

esm
09-25-2007, 02:45 AM
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpage.html?PCODE=FXPP

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpage.html?PCODE=FXPPT

hyogen
09-25-2007, 08:47 AM
i could have looked those up, but thank you very much for posting those links.

I am thinking about getting a fxp prestige team and weighting the top of the handle like johncauthorn suggests...and like I've seen on some of the pro racquet stringer videos--like Tim Henman's.

cactuskid
09-25-2007, 09:07 AM
I dig the Flexpoint FXP Prestige Team so much that I bought three of them.

I've been searching for a replacement racket for a Head Graphite Pro and Head 280 that I went through 10 plus demos.

The Flexpoint Prestige was close but didn't have the pop or feel at the net that I was used to. It felt too muted or souless. Still OK. but knew there had to be something with more life out there.

After hitting the Bablots, the extremes, the Volkl DNX9 (Which was unbelievable serving but fell a little short everywhere else) I tried the FXP Prestige Team on a whimm, granted a little light but felt perfectly balanced with what I was used to. It opened my eyes, never been on a 19X18 string pattern but dug it. It's rock solid at the net and with it's lighter weight, it compensates for my sometimes poor footwork on groundstrokes after being away from tennis for 15 plus years.

I'm really surprised more people don't like this racket. I guess everyone got used to heavier weighted racket this past decade.

I love it.

OnyxZ28
09-25-2007, 09:44 AM
Someone should try sticking FXP Prestige Team CAPS on a Classic Midplus. BEAST!

hyogen
09-25-2007, 12:10 PM
sorry, what is CAPS...something to do with grommets?

hyogen
09-27-2007, 07:31 AM
ah...i see. why are those better?

I don't see how those big racquet head protectors are any better other than providing more protection... is it so your classic midplus is kept in better condition for longer?

Thanks

pham4313
09-27-2007, 08:36 AM
once you put CAPs on the classic MP, your swingweight and overall weight increase, and thats why it ll plow through the ball like a monster:p

hyogen
09-30-2007, 10:44 AM
ah i see.

so i really liked the fxp prestige team when I demo'd it. Then I bought it...and can't seem to play as well with it......

maybe it's my fitness this past week.

hyogen
10-02-2007, 07:51 AM
damnit. i think it is my fitness and the quality of players I've been hitting with.

I need to work on my fitness again :x My legs feel very jarred up from slapping the hard court with my feet a ton over the past few weeks. I guess it's hard on the legs for all that impact.