PDA

View Full Version : nblade mid plus vs 03 tour mid

pattitude
09-24-2007, 03:26 PM
Anyone compare these raquets. Both are flexy, nblade has a tighter string pattern. How's that for spin? any thoughts on the two raquets, I'm interested in a arm saver

drhopz
09-24-2007, 03:53 PM
With any O3, you will lose "feel." I own an Nblade myself, i feel that it lacks power, but allows me to control alot better than my previous rackets-wilson hammers. My friend tells me that all O3's feel pretty much the same. He doesnt like his O3 hybrid hornet because he doesn't have "FEEEL."

About the arm friendly rackets, just make sure you have soft strings. I tore up my elbow playing with poly-gut.

Nblade98 has a high SW too.

MaOira
09-24-2007, 05:31 PM
I'm currently using the nBlade, and although I can't compare to the O3 Tour mid because I haven't used it, I can however compare it to the O3 white. Between the nBlade and the O3 white, the white definately has more power. Like the above poster mentioned, the O3 White lacks "feel" and although there is a lot of power, it does lack control. In my opinion due to the O ports. Both were easy on the arm for me. So in that regard i would rate them about the same. Both the tour and the white i believe come with the optional hard grommet. If being easy on the arm is your concern by all means stay with the soft grommet, but in my opinion the difference is minimal but going with the hard grommet does increase the feel a bit.

I don't know how good a player you are, but if I were to choose between the O3 Tour and the nBlade, i would pick the nBlade (i am biased towards it). But before i picked it up, i did demo the Speedport O3 Tour and the nBlade. The speedport tour from what i've read is by far better than the O3 Tour, but i choose the nBlade.. it just felt better.

I would suggest you demo both. I'm sure you'll end up with the nBlade ;)

thundaga
09-24-2007, 05:45 PM
the feel is fine with the o3 racquets as long as you have hard grommets installed.

the o3 tour dominates the nblade in terms of spin

dacrymn
09-24-2007, 08:57 PM
I would recommend the nBlade as well. Despite the tight string pattern, you still get a good amount of spin, albeit you have to work a little harder for it than you would with the O3. If you do, however, it does not lack.

Simply put, the nBlade feels nicer. The tour is kind of "thuddy" and is too mushy and mute for my taste. I also find it more awkward to play with, due to the roundish head and weird design. Control and Comfort is what you will find here.