PDA

View Full Version : Microgel Prestige or K90?

MichaelChang
09-24-2007, 07:24 PM
I been using a PS85 china version. looking to get a newer racket, thinking about either K90 or wait for a prestige microgel. I am hoping that these 2 could feel close to a PS85.

Today I see in my local store the Prestige Microgel demo has arrived. Has anybody had a chance to try it out yet? How is it compared to K90?

Thanks alot for any inputs.

TRiBaL
09-24-2007, 07:32 PM
what do all prestige rackets do? Are they all mostly for control?

Klatu Verata Necktie
09-24-2007, 07:36 PM
I been using a PS85 china version. looking to get a newer racket, thinking about either K90 or wait for a prestige microgel. I am hoping that these 2 could feel close to a PS85.

Today I see in my local store the Prestige Microgel demo has arrived. Has anybody had a chance to try it out yet? How is it compared to K90?

Thanks alot for any inputs.

Where do you live? I thought the Microgel Pretige wasn't to be introduced until the Australian Open. If you see the demo, please take some pictures and post them.

me is bored
09-24-2007, 07:46 PM
what do all prestige rackets do? Are they all mostly for control?
12.3 oz for LM. best racket made IMO. lots of control.
Where do you live? I thought the Microgel Pretige wasn't to be introduced until the Australian Open. If you see the demo, please take some pictures and post them.

yes please do so.

Mad iX
09-24-2007, 11:15 PM
Neither of them are the same as a PS85. Reasons for change?

MichaelChang
09-25-2007, 05:38 AM
Neither of them are the same as a PS85. Reasons for change?

Reason for the change is because I only have 1 racket. :) I need at least 1 more. I know no 2 rackets play the same, however I was hoping either K90 or the new Prestige could be close. Anyway you have tried Microgel Prestige? how does it feel?

Duzza
09-25-2007, 06:24 AM
TW still sells the PS 85 you know. And the Microgel isn't out till 2008 I heard...

MichaelChang
09-25-2007, 06:34 AM
TW still sells the PS 85 you know. And the Microgel isn't out till 2008 I heard...

Yeah I know. here is my thing: my grip size is 1/4, actually if I could buy a PS 85 with 1/4 grip from TW it would be great, however TW don't have that grip size. I actually had a pro shop shrinked my PS 85 down to 1/4. cost me 40+ bucks. I loved the racket but you know, I don't want to buy another PS 85 and have to pay extra to sand down the grip.

edit: btw, nobody else see Microgel Prestige in demo? I swear to god I saw it yesterday in the shop here. The owner told me they will be available on market in Jan or Feb, they already have people on the waiting list, cuz they claimed they could get these rackets in this November.

Duzza
09-25-2007, 06:47 AM
Fair enough. I have a feeling, if your thingy about your grip, you would have annoyances with HEAD grips (maybe). It would be a much smoother change switching to the k90 and one I'm sure you wouldn't regret.

Also maybe have a look at the RDS 001 Mid. I switched from the PS 85 to the RDX 500 Mid and enjoyed it a lot!

MichaelChang
09-25-2007, 06:56 AM
Fair enough. I have a feeling, if your thingy about your grip, you would have annoyances with HEAD grips (maybe). It would be a much smoother change switching to the k90 and one I'm sure you wouldn't regret.

Also maybe have a look at the RDS 001 Mid. I switched from the PS 85 to the RDX 500 Mid and enjoyed it a lot!

thank you. will check out the RDS.
yeah I think HEAD grips are more "egg" shaped and wilson is more like "rectangle" shaped. if I do buy a new racket I will make sure I check it out in a shop first to make sure it fits me.