PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a string/tension for Prince O3 Speedport Black Racquet

galatti
09-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Post this thread in string forun, but no replies. I hope I get a few here :)

Hi, please recommend a string/tension for Prince O3 Speedport Black Racquet. Also mention if you are using string holes or string ports.

Many are saying that synthetic gut plays better over co-poly in this Racquet

Avoid hybrid setups please.

tks!

Two Fister
09-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Using string ports in mine with Gosen OG Micro 17g at 58 lbs on a constant pull electronic stringer (Silent Partner Aria). Haven't played around with tensions cuz it just feels "right" already. And that's saying quite a bit for me, cuz on my PureDrive, I had experimented with lots of different strings and strung as low as 44 lbs to up to 66 lbs with ALU Power (which is where I ended up). I also strung the Speed Port Black with Laserfiber Supernatural Phenom 18g at 58 lbs. with speedports and I thought it would feel a bit too trampoline like in this frame, but it was very controlled.

On my daughters, I currently put in ProHurricane Tour 17g in the mains and Supernatural Phenom 18g in the crosses, with stringholes, both at 58 lbs, and it feels good and she likes this hybrid. Although she liked the all OG Micro 17g at 58 lbs, too.

Just my personal bias, when I string poly's I like them a bit tighter, not looser like most people say. Much more crisp feeling IMHO.

LafayetteHitter
09-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Galatti how do you like the SPPP in your Speedport Black? The one I ordered came strung with Babolat Hurricane which I normally hate but have found it to play excellent in this frame. This is the first racquet that I find completely comfortable even with a full poly job in it so I am very interested in the string possibilities of this frame.

grass_hopper
09-25-2007, 06:19 AM
60 lbs with dunlop tour 16 on string port set up. huge sweet spot and comfort feel. major power and good control.

galatti
09-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Galatti how do you like the SPPP in your Speedport Black? The one I ordered came strung with Babolat Hurricane which I normally hate but have found it to play excellent in this frame. This is the first racquet that I find completely comfortable even with a full poly job in it so I am very interested in the string possibilities of this frame.

First I must say that the string ports are inserted and this is my first setup for this racquet. I don't know if it's the tension, the string ports or the string, but the strings move a lot. Never seen that using full poly jobs! Also I think it's too powerfull. Nonetheless, it plays very well and soft once you get used to the extra power. But I din't like the seting movements are all :(

I believe that using syngut or multi + string holes + higher tension I wold get same confort and less power, keeping the string movements. The only way to get rid of that is by using string holes + full poly, but I haven't try that yet.

cthinnes
09-25-2007, 05:26 PM
I've strung mine with mixed inserts (in my case, string hole inserts at the top of the hoop, and string port inserts on the sides). To tame Biphase's power, I also went with 17g PSG in the mains. The result: 17g PSG mains, 16g Biphase crosses, both at 65lbs. The goal was to save my fried arm without creating a trampoline, and this combo has worked beautifully.

LafayetteHitter
09-25-2007, 11:35 PM
I am completely surprised that I like Pro Hurricane Tour 16g in a full poly job in this frame. It was strung at 60 a couple weeks back before I bought the racquet by the first owner. I have read that the PH Tour is famous for dropping tension quickly and most of the poly strings I like are definately in higher regards compared to PH Tour but it's hard to say what to try out first since I really like this string in the Black. Typically in my midsize frames I always do a poly hybrid but most likely I will try out some full poly jobs in the Black. Not sure which I will start with. I am thinking one of these
SPPP
Topspin Cyberflash
Kirshbaum Pro 2 in Red
or possibly one of the Polyfibre strings since I have really liked these so far.

Opinions from some of you that have hit with full poly jobs in the "Black"

tlm
11-10-2007, 05:16 PM
I have tried some polys in the black, trying to tame the power out of this stick.So far the msv focus+ weiss cannon silver string have played the best.I am stringing it at 66- 68 lbs, i know a lot of you will think this is to high of a tension. But believe me it plays great like this, i would also suggest to use at least 1.25 diameter string.Most of the thinner stuff is to powerful even at the high tensions.

Even when i was trying syn. or multis i would string at 66 lbs. minimum.This racquet is so arm friendly that it has not bothered me any, even with poly at 68 lbs.I have no choice but to string it high, otherwise it has way to much power.So far the best set up has been msv focus i.18 at 68 lbs, great bite spin + good control.

HEAD/PRINCE RULE
11-11-2007, 07:52 PM
thanks for the info!!!!!!!!