PDA

View Full Version : PS6.0 95 vs PK redondo 98

ProStaff Legend
09-24-2007, 09:03 PM
thinkin of switching. both seem to be very similar in specs aside from the stiffness and a minor headsize difference. has anyone tried both and want to give some feed back?

thanks

another minor question: for those who own a redondo98, is there more graphite shaft under the grip a la prostaff style?

vsdtrek
09-24-2007, 09:39 PM
Hi -

I'm a long-time PS 95 user and bought the Redondo 98 this spring. I immediately hated it and really was surprised at the following it has developed on this site. IMHO, there was nothing the Redondo did better and I think the PS feels better and swings easier too. To me, the PS is one of the more capable frames out there. Of course, others may have a different experience and share that with you.

goosala
09-25-2007, 04:47 AM
The Redondo has a following because of its flex and feel. The PS line of frames are stiffer so they offer more power. Since I am used to the weight of the PS85 I had to lead tape my Redondo mids to get more stability. I think both frames feel very nice and offer good control. If you like the Kevlar feel then the PS line is good for you. The Redondo will demand more of a big swing to get power.

ProStaff Legend
09-25-2007, 07:54 PM
bump bump bump

gocard
09-25-2007, 08:36 PM
I've never used the PS 95 but I have a n6.1 95 and a Redondo 98. They are quite different though, each with their good points. I am much more accustomed to the n6.1 and find it is easier to hit the sweet spot because of the solid feeling of the racquet. For me, mishits do not feel that harsh.

The Redondo has a more pingy feeling at first but then I got used to it. It doesn't have the "thwack" that you feel with a stiffer, more solid feeling racquet but when you hit the sweet spot, it is a FANTASTIC feeling! Mishits can feel harsh -- very different feeling from the buttery sweet spot.

The n6.1 is definitely more powerful and I find myself hitting with lots of topspin to keep it in the court, whereas the Redondo 98 lets me hit lasers while staying within the lines.

The n6.1 could be completely different from the PS 95 but some of the specs for the n6.1 are quite close to the Redondo 98. I really like both, but I'm more accustomed to the n6.1 right now since that is my main racquet. Hope this helps!

garbage
09-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Also a PS 6.0 95 user and looking for a potential change. I've traded for a Redondo 98, but will only have a chance to have a hit in a few days.

Have a look at a thread I started a few months ago:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=139916