PDA

View Full Version : Prince Diablo reviews - TW and Tennis Magazine

Fortylove
03-18-2004, 08:08 AM
The TW review of the Diablo was rated very high and the play
testers seem to really like the racket, especially the mid.
Tennis Magazine, on the other hand, was less than impressed with
either Diablo. Can anyone comment on the differences in these
reviews? I know Tennis Magazine is nowhere close to the details
that you get from TW but the two reviews seemed to have opposite opinions on the Diablo.

louis netman
03-18-2004, 08:56 AM
really, the only way to get a completely unbiased review is to have an independent organization do it. let's face it, tw needs to sell rackets, and tennis mag needs to keep their advertisers happy...
by the way, although it had a tiny grip, I hit with a Diablo MP for a few minutes and thought Prince was heading in a good direction by producing new frames with flex ratings under 65. I don't think benneton is running the show anymore...

Hawaii 5.0
03-18-2004, 09:44 AM
TW is right, I rated the Diablo highly months ago and TW just backed my feelings up.As far as who motivates who or what I'd say that Tennis Mag gets bought for "Editors Choice Awards" which vary greatly.TW does sell things, but Tennis mag sells ad space.Tennis mag serves a less enthusiastic tennis community and that's why they review the whole gamut of racquets(maybe they do the game improvement too much).TW's reviews and racquet review choices clearly are not necessarily more advance, but are for people who are more "into" tennis or care to learn more.