PDA

View Full Version : Estusa rackets

Dave M
09-25-2007, 06:58 AM
After reading some of the puma/estusa stuff on here lately im interested in a frame but does anyone know if they are still avaliable for sale in the US?
Thanks

vsbabolat
09-25-2007, 08:27 AM
Try contacting Estusa. I don't know if they are still in business but the website is still up and running. http://www.estusa.com

Serpententacle
09-25-2007, 09:01 AM
I own and have used my Aeromax EPT "Connors Signature Series" racquet for years—had to retire it. I loved it. Now I use a Babolat. Estusa makes great sticks, though. I hope they're not out of business.

rexessex
09-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Estusa in europe only has a couple of braided pros. They are about $250 shipped to US. I have 2 pros for sale 4 3/8 in 8/10 condition for $100 each shipped.

ericsson
09-25-2007, 11:34 PM
Estusa in europe only has a couple of braided pros.

That's right, and it's a left over from a big stock, they dont make Estusa no more.

aquablue
09-25-2007, 11:41 PM
except that there is a reason estusa went out of business, i personally bought 2 of those in 1993 and as hard as i tried couldnt play with them.
sold them to a friend, he also gave up after 2 weeks couldnt play with them either.
that offocurse left us in even bigger admiration for becker, cause we tought waoow give this guy a real racket and he'd be unbeatable :D

ericsson
09-26-2007, 04:06 AM
except that there is a reason estusa went out of business, i personally bought 2 of those in 1993 and as hard as i tried couldnt play with them.
sold them to a friend, he also gave up after 2 weeks couldnt play with them either.
that offocurse left us in even bigger admiration for becker, cause we tought waoow give this guy a real racket and he'd be unbeatable :D

Yea, i know what you mean but you can't think like that, i had several estusa's too and i could play with them but the problem is/was you always need a BIG swing, that stick is so low powered but if you have the power then it delivers a bomb, i have a good friend who still plays with them and absolute like them (needless to say he has a big swing)
So players who seek an easy racket with short swing, please stay away!

So for Boris it was a perfect racket, and trust me he wouldnt played better with another racket...

aquablue
09-27-2007, 02:42 AM
since your from belgium hallo :-)

my friend hits from time to time with A ranked players and he is the old school , very big swing, he tried extreme grip but doesnt work for him.

i'm not a clean player, never learned how to play so i have problems , forehand is a big swing but not allways ,and backhand is short.

but anyway, we couldn't play with them , and boris could, and surely other people too ( like u )
didnt work for us tough.

anyway i'm still trying to figure what would work for me ( except dieting hahaha )

kkm
03-17-2009, 07:53 AM
Send an email to huub at hubfootwear dot com, for United Sports Benelux BV, the owners of the Estusa brand. They have stock of Estusa rackets including the Power Beam Braided, or at least this was the case not long ago.

http://www.hubfootwear.org/area2008/?p=200

AFAIK they(Hub Footwear) have all the models that were on Estusa's site, which seems to have disappeared since late last year.

Thaychua
03-17-2009, 09:47 AM
Yea, i know what you mean but you can't think like that, i had several estusa's too and i could play with them but the problem is/was you always need a BIG swing, that stick is so low powered but if you have the power then it delivers a bomb, i have a good friend who still plays with them and absolute like them (needless to say he has a big swing)
So players who seek an easy racket with short swing, please stay away!

Completely agree with you. The Estusa pros were my first serious 100+ dollar rackets and i absolutely love them. I bought the pair from TW when they had them and it was great stick--it has the perfect blend of balance, feel and control, but it lacked greatly in power. The racket was really underpowered and often times i found myself hitting short. After a year of play, i opted for a more powerful racket--the ps85.

Now, i didn't know about lead back then, maybe with lead it can help bring the power up a bit.

ericsson
03-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Completely agree with you. The Estusa pros were my first serious 100+ dollar rackets and i absolutely love them. I bought the pair from TW when they had them and it was great stick--it has the perfect blend of balance, feel and control, but it lacked greatly in power. The racket was really underpowered and often times i found myself hitting short. After a year of play, i opted for a more powerful racket--the ps85.

Now, i didn't know about lead back then, maybe with lead it can help bring the power up a bit.

Yea but the weight too :-?