PDA

View Full Version : Head XRC

jorel
09-25-2007, 10:09 AM
I've been reading that this racquet is 100% Fiberglass. Is that correct? Is it even possible?

LoveThisGame
09-26-2007, 04:29 PM
It was one of the early non-metal composite frames. I had a couple and loved them. If I recall correctly, there was fiberglass facing in the shaft/throat area.

I know that I have a few fiberglass slivers in a couple of fingers, even though they haven't been visible for a long time. (The flexing of the racquet during hits gave the opportunity later for my had to acquire the slivers.)

Soundog
09-26-2007, 09:47 PM
Yes it is possible and as far as I know it's true. A friend of mine had one and I had a go once. It had a nice solid feel to it with quite a bit of flex.

Fibreglass was used before graphite became the standard composite material. I had a yamaha fibreglass racket, and snauwaert made a fibreglass racket as well.

Deuce
09-26-2007, 09:58 PM
Yes, Head claimed at the time (circa 1980) that the XRC was all fibreglass.

It's a great frame - I love it. Perhaps the best groundstroke racquet I've ever used.
I still pull one out of my bag every now & then.
Absolutely wonderful feel.

PrestigeClassic
09-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Per hang tag, fiberglass-reinforced epoxy resin.

I had a couple and loved them.

Sounds like you still have them! In your blood...

Mingo
10-08-2007, 09:11 PM
Had a couple of XRCs when they were state of the art and loved them. I didn't have CSI examine them, but they looked like fibreglass when they broke. Sigh ... those were the days.