PDA

View Full Version : Just got my brand new Aeropro

Serpententacle
09-25-2007, 11:06 AM
What a beautiful piece of engineering genius. So smooth, so perfect! I can't stop touching it, itching for the moment I can use it for the first time... ooooh, yeah.

Question concerning preserving newness—I am inclined to believe that all racquets are destined to become scraped and marred if constantly used on hard courts. Those low balls just can't be avoided. You must attack!

Is there anyone on this board who avoids going after certain shots if it compromises the cosmetics of their racqet? Is there any way to keep a racquet "scrape-free"... and don't tell me to put tape around the head!

Adam
09-25-2007, 11:11 AM
Just got my K 6.1 Team so yeah I know how you feel ;) I think after the first couple of scratches you start not to worry so much about it, it happens unfortuantely :smile:

Kirko
09-25-2007, 11:24 AM
What a beautiful piece of engineering genius. So smooth, so perfect! I can't stop touching it, itching for the moment I can use it for the first time... ooooh, yeah.

Question concerning preserving newness—I am inclined to believe that all racquets are destined to become scraped and marred if constantly used on hard courts. Those low balls just can't be avoided. You must attack!

Is there anyone on this board who avoids going after certain shots if it compromises the cosmetics of their racqet? Is there any way to keep a racquet "scrape-free"... and don't tell me to put tape around the head!

No its doomed to get marked up; buy one to play and another to worship.

nn
09-25-2007, 11:28 AM
No its doomed to get marked up; buy one to play and another to worship.

you made me laugh.. it is same as car

LafayetteHitter
09-25-2007, 01:59 PM
I love playing guys that don't want to scratch their racquet up. Once I figure out they are concerned about it get ready to see some drop volleys.

Serpententacle
09-25-2007, 02:06 PM
I love playing guys that don't want to scratch their racquet up. Once I figure out they are concerned about it get ready to see some drop volleys.

Hahahahhaha... good move.

scotus
09-25-2007, 02:48 PM
Is there any way to keep a racquet "scrape-free"... and don't tell me to put tape around the head!

No, taping is the only way to really protect your racquet.

What you said is tantamount to: "Is there any way to get fit? And don't tell me to exercise."

Try 2 layers of Babolat Supertape. That will protect the frame quite well.

stevekim8
09-25-2007, 03:37 PM
i use the wilson headtape

and gotta say

it's like the best thing ever
doesn't leave residue, doesn't come off involuntarily

TennisFrkJC92
09-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Which aeropro did you get?

Serpententacle
09-26-2007, 10:48 AM
I got the one with cortex, and have one w/out soon on the way!

bluetrain4
09-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Is not scratching a racquet seriously a consideration among serious players?

I kind of understand, since racquets are expensive, but even though I love the newness and untouched state of a new racquet, I know that it's going to end within days of playing. And, as we all know, those surface scratches and marks don't affect the racquet in terms of playability.

Literally, how can marking the racquet be avoided? The racquets I worship most are the most sratched, most marked up, beause they tell a story and are kind of like battle scars.

chair ump
09-26-2007, 11:54 AM
c'mon guys and gals....racquets are meant to be played with, not worshiped.

Serpententacle
09-26-2007, 02:03 PM
There's nothing wrong with appreciating the craftsmanship of a racquet... My question was asked in jest... Can't I enjoy my new weapon before I have to go out and kick some *** with it?

Commando Tennis Shorts
09-26-2007, 02:09 PM
.. it is same as car

true. . .you get a new car, constantly keep it clean, allow no food in it, trying desperately to preserve that new car look and smell. fast forward 3-4 months----there's mud and dirt around the bottom of the doors. the windows are streaky from the rain a week ago. there's a stain in the passenger seat from those going-home-from-work food runs. it smells like a mixture of---who knows?. . .and you know what? you still love it

Serpententacle
09-26-2007, 02:11 PM
Nice elaboration on the analogy, Comando.

Banks
09-26-2007, 03:28 PM
i dont scratch my rackets very often and its generally just the head guard which can be replaced.